Rumors-Do you know where your coach is?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Sep 16, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Anywhere but San Jose! I have a feeling i will be staying put though. That ass kicking at the New Mexico Bowl didnt help me any!

3. gowazzucougs

Reports out of Moscow, are that Coach Worgum is meeting with officials from Northwestern and Purdue. Kirk Herbstreit believes either school should hire Coach Worgum. "In his first two seasons in Moscow Coach Worgum has built a winner, in both seasons he has led his team to a 9-4 record, and the Vandals have won a bowl game in both seasons."

In addition unknown schools have been meeting with Coach Worgum as well. Idaho needs to put a good offer on the table for Coach Worgum to stay. There is a lot of returning talent next season, plus with the addition of Nick Montana at QB the Vandals' future looks very bright. If Coach Worgum stays, the Vandals could gain a strangle hold on the WAC Conference. A press conference has been schedule this evening for Coach Worgum to announce his decision.

4. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Coach Mexi looks to stay for the one year left on his contract, with a nice batch of talented freshman coming in. But if someone is willing to make an offer...

5. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Nice wazzu. I was going to post a thread with some coach info, so I'll just post here in this one.

Here are the coaches with 1 year left on their deal that will have to make a decision: re-sign with their school or enter the carousel:

mboda - UTEP: Could mboda start his 3rd season with a 3rd school? Most likely. He went 11-1 this year and won another bowl game. I expect hom to receive better offers than last year.

gowazzucougs - Idaho: Fresh off a bowl win to cap off an 8-4 season, this should be an interesting decision. Will he come back and go for another conference title or see if anyone else is interested in his services?

whygodwhy1111 - Army: After taking Army to consecutive BCS bowls, there are sure to be schools interested in whygod's services. Combine that with a senior heavy roster, and I think that we can expect him to be on the move.

Connor - Kent St: Connor came in and was 6-2 after their head coach left mid-season. With only the MAC schools to feast on and not much of a chance to boost his prestige, expect Connor to be back next year.

Everyone else can enter the carousel freely and refuse jobs or just stay home if they don't get any.

6. gowazzucougs

Cheez

There are reports out of Murfreesboro, TN, that MTSU is planning on offering Coach Chesterman a contract extension. Coach Chesterman led the Blue Knights to an impressive 8-5 record, winning 7 of their last 8 games. Coach Chesterman desperately wants out of MTSU, but sources fear it may be difficult for him to get out of Murfreesboro because there is one year left on his current contract.

7. aarondramp

With a loss in my bowl game I can't imagine that I would get many interesting offers. I will most likely return to coach my 24 seniors and 23 juniors. But I need to be on the move after that because 22 of those seniors start or contribute.

8. gowazzucougs

I wouldn't say that because, I hear you run the triple option, I am pretty sure GT is looking to hire a new coach. P. Johnson was at 25% approval rating last I checked.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Cheez is gonna be a lifer at MTSU!

10. aarondramp

But whygodwhy1111 is the triple option master. He would be a nice hire at Georgia Tech.

11. gowazzucougs

Yeah, but UW's Coach is currently at 40% approval rating, and WGW has listed UW as his alma mater, I could easily see him being hired there tonight.

12. aarondramp

Just for the record, you have to admit that the coaching carousel is a great feature. It adds a whole new dimension to the OD's. If the bugs are worked out, then we can now be excited for NCAA 12.

13. gowazzucougs

It is different, it allows for more openness. More users can have success with everyone in different conferences. When you are confined to 2 or 3 conferences it is a lot harder for all the users to win conference championships, and generally one or two teams break away from the rest. I am pretty sure if I leave Idaho, and recchem2000 stays at SJSU next season he has a definite shot at winning the conference. Of course if I stay, my goal next year is to have Idaho ranked in the Top 25 and win its second conference title.

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm not sure how many of those jobs where coaches have time left on their deals will be fired.

15. sreese

sreese Walk On

After much discussion with my dog, we have decided to listen to the offers from other schools. Just want to see whats out there, lol. But since my approval rating isnt that high, i dont expect to get many offers. What time we starting this tonight?

• Like Like x 1
  16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

http://www.traditionatwork.com/threads/2012-coaching-carousel.63200/

As soon as Darr and Dakota7 get there game in hopefully one of them can move us into CC. Then its on you guys!

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Who the hell is this Coach Chesterman dude? :p

Anyway - Rumor has it that Coach Cheeseman partied too hard last night after upsetting #18 Western Michigan in the GoDaddy.com Bowl, and is currently having his stomach pumped at a medical facility in Murfreesboro. Doctors don't know if he will make it, and are recommending that he stay in the vicinity for further observation.

It is also suspected that this happened at the Loser's Lounge. Coach Cheeseman has been known to frequent that establishment, particularly after a loss. It is alleged that he was found unconscious underneath the tap in a puddle of beer.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That wasnt beer :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

20. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

That was Western Michigan pissing away the first half of our game hahaha

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Alright thanks

22. gowazzucougs

My sources are indicating the whygodwhy1111 was seen in WACO, Texas today speaking with Baylor Officials. Is Whygodwhy leaving West Point? Do we have our major coaching change? Will we see more coaching changes today?

23. gowazzucougs

mboda and sreese I don't consider jumping to UNLV and UTEP major coaching changes.

24. gowazzucougs

dakota7

I was looking at filled jobs, I didn't see GT, Northwestern, Purdue filling their jobs. Are you thinking they kept their coaches? If the coach had a low approval rating, like GT's coach, do you think if he fires the OC/DC he can save his job? Or are you operating under the impression that if Coach A has a 3 year contract and a low approval rating he will keep his job throughout the contract? I remember what ryno said, if you are Alabama and lose four games the coach is going to get fired, so why would GT's coach keep his job? This is probably the one thing that bugs me about the CC, you don't know who has openings.

25. aarondramp

Some coaches get fired during the process. That's where you will see unexpected job openings. It's similar to real life in that coaches get fired that you maybe didn't expect. So there are new jobs popping up during the carousel.