Rumors Swirling Around San Diego

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by OnIowa, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Rumors Swirling Around San Diego

Rumors have been flying around San Diego all day. Sports Illustrated has reported that Coach E has been getting interest from some schools that are looking to change coaches. Coach E has resurrected the San Diego State Aztec program to a 19-6 record over the past 2 seasons, a 4-0 record against teams in the top 25, and a sure to be two bowl bids. He is sure to be a candidate in any program looking to turn itself around Below is a list of the schools that Coach E is reportedly interested in:

Virginia Cavaliers (2-7) - The Cavaliers currently sit with no wins in the ACC, an obvious change is needed. The Cavaliers are said to be Coach E's #1 destination at this point in time should he choose to leave the Aztecs. It is reported that he has been quoted saying, "I want to see what I can do against the big boys."

UCLA Bruins (3-6) - UCLA has an awful three wins on the season. It is evident that many fans in the state of California have taken notice to the success Coach E has had at San Diego State. But will Coach E be willing to abandon his school for another in the same state?

North Carolina State Wolfpack (4-5) - It is reported that NC State has contacted Coach E about the possibility of coaching in Raleigh next season. It is evident Coach E has shown interest in the ACC so it will be interesting to see what he decides to do.

It has also been rumored that Texas Tech and Wake Forest have both been in contact with Coach E, but these rumors could not be affirmed.

Coach E has always said he is an Aztec at heart, but it will be very interesting to see what happens in the weeks to come as this story plays out.

On a side note, Coach E was asked earlier in the day about the possibility of coaching at Iowa State. Coach E who is an Iowa alum stated, "I will coach in Ames the day hell freezes over. Get me to Iowa City and its a totally different question."

We will keep you updated with any late breaking news on the Coach E controversy.
    [/COLOR]

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Coach E will be a great addition to any school that is looking to put fans in the stands.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

SI.COM NEWSBREAK

The following has just been reported after a long day of rumors surrounding current San Diego State Aztec Coach, Coach E.

"Let me first off start out by giving a thanks to the state of California, the city of San Diego, and most importantly the guys i have coached. With that being said, I will be finishing this current season out as the coach of the Aztecs, assuming we get into a bowl game, but for the 2012-2013 season my family and I will be living in Charlottesvile and I will be coaching the Cavaliers of the University of Virginia. This was an extremely difficult decision for me to make, I love it here in San Diego, but you need to see it from my point of view. I feel the Aztec program has taken great strides the past two years and will undoubtedly keep up the trend, but I am ready to take a challenge on a bigger stage. The University of Virginia has been near the bottom of the ACC for awhile, and I want to bring them to the top. I had the chance to coach at numerous other programs, but I wanted to take this challenge. I want to put the Cavaliers back on the map. It won't be easy, but I am ready for it.

Again, thanks to Aztec nation. I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys or a better city."​

[​IMG]

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Congratulations on your new coaching position. SDSU will miss you but the great tradition you started there will live on. Congrats again bro

5. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Was definitely a hard choice, but I think UVA will be a good fit.

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Moving on up! SDSU is gonna miss you but Im sure Virgina is more then happy to steal you away.

7. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

On to the ACC!!!!

8. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Per SI.COM Today:

Coach E has announced he will be bringing his current offensive coordinator with him to the ACC. When asked what this meant for the Cavalier's offense for the 2012-2013 season, Coach E said: "It will be very similar to what you saw this season in San Diego, a balanced attack that can run through you on the ground, but can go to the air when needed."

No news on whether the defensive coordinator will be changing schools as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.