Rumors Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 31, 2011.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Sources are telling me:

Bonner will be offered a 3 year deal to stay at Rice. Folks at Rice are pleased with what they see as positive progression. Besides most of the administration has no idea that Rice even plays football.

Also hearing that Paul Wulff is out at WSU and Heath Hale will get interviewed for the job. Knowing him, there is no way he can impress enough people to actually get the job.

Some big names are mulling retirement: Dennis Erickson (ASU), Joe Paterno (PSU), and Frank Beamer (VT). Don't be shocked if both Mullen and TJM are in the PSU conversation. Both coaches bring a strong offensive mind with them. Bud Foster WILL replace Beamer. Curious if they look at former waterboy Heath Hale to take a coordinator position.

The Georgia situation looks like this: The admin. will let Mark Richt finish out his contract. He will have 1 year left. I am being told that if they do not get significantly better, they are prepared to fire him. Odds are that Plague will get an interview. He MUST perform well next year to get to that point.

On to the hot name, UTEP's Ryan Weaver. By all accounts, he is staying put. He has a year left and has really settled in quite nice in El Paso. He loves it, his family loves it. But if an Ohio State or Florida or other traditional power comes calling, he is prepared to listen.

That's all for now.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Plague has to knock the socks off the AD in the forthcoming interview. The fans all over Georgia are calling for Coach Henry.

Although rumor has it that some are saying The Ravishing One could also be getting a looksy.

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I have this funny feeling that absolutley nothing will happen this carousel haha.

4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

another year coordinating at Washington State... you might as well steal my children and burn my house down. ugh. (I feel i'll probably be sitting in the exact same spot to be sure)