Run Commit Douche Fuzz

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by IrishBearcat, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Steamer43

Was playing against fuzzy. It was middle of the first score was 0-7 fuzzy. On the 2 yard line I faced a 2nd and 3rd and 1 and fuzzy run committed twice to get a stop. Would not jump offsides to fix it.

I'm ready to replay him when he wants to play by the rules. I don't have time to wait an extra 20 minutes while he learns the most obvious fucking rules and searches for them. On top of playing an hour and 15 minute game on eight minute quarters with patience ran out.

Let me know what you decide.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I was going to keep this in PMs - but whatever. I shouldn't expect any less from you.

My take from the PM:

Steamer43 - Irish just quit on me. I'll give you the quick synopsis:

I was up 7-0 with 7:23 left in the second quarter. Irish made a nice drive and got it to 2nd and 2 on my 4 yard line (goal line). On second and two, we both came out in goaline formations. I run committed to the middle, and usered my MLB right through the line and tackled Irish's HB for no gain. Third down and 2, and Irish runs to the left. I guessed correctly and run committed to the left, and made the stop for no gain once again. 4th and 2.

Irish pauses the game and tells me to jump the snap to give him the first down because run committing is banned site wide.

I looked at the site wide rules - http://forums.traditionsportsonline...les-and-general-expectations.1161/#post-15390 and our own rules -http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/the-dirty-dozen-2013-dynasty-description.79797/ and didn't see anything listed about run committing.

Now I know run committing is frowned upon when used anywhere else on the field, but I felt I was justified in using in the above context. If I guessed incorrectly (he could have gone right or left on the first run commit, he could have gone to the right on the second run commit), it's an easy TD. If I don't use it all, it's a sure TD.

While I was trying to confirm if Irish was correct in that ANY run committing is banned site wide, he quit on me (he didn't want to leave it on the pause screen - he wanted me to just jump the snap and give him 7).

I am now finishing against the CPU because this game has been hard as fuck to schedule (me with the baby and my job, Irish with school/work). Irish demanded playing again with "no run commit" (as if that is the reason he threw a pick on the first play, and fumbled on the second drive giving me the lead), which I felt was not fair at all. Not with the momentum my team was playing with (and the lead). Furthermore, I don't have the time to restart this game again.

Steamer43 this is your call. You can keep the result as is, or throw it out and sim the game. I simply presented you with the facts. I'll let you know when I'm done.

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

He probably didn't see in the rules that it was outlawed and didn't want to suffer a disadvantage that some of the rest of the league wasn't going to suffer.

4. fuzzyl0gic

If I'm in the wrong, I'd like to know. Like I said I didn't see it in either set of rules, and I know people have used it against me in the right context. I just wanted to have that assurance before we continued, but he straight up quit on me.

5. IrishBearcat

It was the 1st quarter... we I was in the midst of the 4th offensive possession of the game between both teams.

6. IrishBearcat

I waited 20 minutes for you to get the game going...

7. fuzzyl0gic

I was back and waiting for you after you delayed it an hour to play the CPU. Don't really see your point there, though. I accepted the invite as soon as you sent it.

8. IrishBearcat

I meant after the pause, not the actual kickoff time.

We were set for kickoff at 12:15 sharp, you delayed it until 1:15. I asked for an extra 15 minutes.

9. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

No, you are 100% in the right. It's not listed in the rules, and we've never banned it before. That's just the same shit reply that Irish always gave about recruiting 17 Jucos. There's nothing about JuCos or Run Commit in the rules. However there is something in there about quitting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Here we go again...

• Like Like x 2
  11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Take it to PMs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.