Run Commit Poll

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 23, 2012.

?

Allow it or not?

1. Yes - Allow all forms of Run Commit

37.5%
  2. No - Ban all forms of it

62.5%
  3. Yes - But only outside Left or Right

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes - But only Middle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This came up in a user game, and I realized I don't have anything in the rules regarding this. First of all, apologies to Philstyle3005 and sawemoff , I should have had a solid black and white ruling on this to begin with.

The issue at hand is whether or not to allow "Run Commit"

The Pros and Cons of each:

Pros:

Makes it possible to stop opponnents from hammering you with certain running plays.

Allows you to stop FB Dives or other short yardage plays when you know they are coming- otherwise sometimes there just isn't much you can do.

Adds to the "chess match" factor of the game- could be an easy TD with play action.

Cons:

Defenders mostly go untouched to the side that the committ is to-- i.e. it is unrealistic.

Even on play action, a blitzing linebacker or rushing defensive lineman might blow through the line and destroy the QB before he can even contemplate throwing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is up to you guys; but I would prefer to ban it all together simply because it is unrealistic in how it essentially makes any blocking a nonfactor and allows plays to be blown up to easily.

Lets get this vote taken care of quick please, we need a ruling on this.

fuzzyl0gic
    Ghost
    PK55
    Steamer43
    Kapono
    BPHusker
    -Cougars-

2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

No need to apologize. If it isn't mentioned in the rules page, it should never be said in a game, you know you can't do this.

That's like me calling someone out on running draws, when it's obvious that they're coming, it's just hit or miss on stopping them. Do I feel they should be limited? Yep. But it's not addressed on the rules page so I don't stop a game and tell someone about it.

3. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I am fine with using them in short yard situations (ie, less than 2 yards), but using them on 1st,2nd,3rd and 3+, is kinda cheesy.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Easy tiger-- your point is valid though.

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I don't mind it at the goalline but not anywhere else. I don't ever pick FB dive because its not realistic and its frustrating when others do it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

7. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

I would agree here, even though I voted NO...I would be ok if it was allowed at the goaline because teams stack and over commit and usually at least one defender get by

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'd rather ban FB dives on 3rd and 4th and 1 than run commit. I don't do run commit, but if you want to do it, fine. Doesn't effect me since I'm in the shotgun anyways, so what does my opinion mean really lol?

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I wouldn't mine banning FB dives either.. they are a rarity in real life.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm sending everyone a text asking about FB dives and goalline run commit scenarios-- I'm counting Kapono as a "don't care"

Ban all forms wins- but like I said, I will collect everyones thoughts on goalline and FB dives via text and post the results of that when I update the rules thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.