Run Game Too Easy?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Only using you for an example fuzzy but when I see 9 Carries for over 200 yards, I'm thinking our run game is a bit too easy. I find it very easy to run the ball as well, even with a mediocre HB. Thoughts and opinions?

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I think a lot of it might have to do with CPU playcalling. There are some instances where I can audible to a speed option when the computer overloads and they just keep the overload blitz on and leave my QB/HB wide open for a big run

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Audibling is different then the CPU's playcall-- don't take this the wrong way but if you set your audibles to things like speed options etc. it is not very hard to move the ball. Not trying to start anything, but audibling to a speed option away from a heavy blitz changes the circumstances drastically.

But addressing what Masler said, my running game is usually effective, but my RB has pretty good trucking etc. fwiw. I would be fine with making it harder.

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I find it very hard to run in general.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think alot of it has to do with talent as well. Fuzzys team is stacked on O line and with his HB its no surprise that he is chewing up the yards on the run game. But I wouldn't make it impossible to run, just to challenge us a bit more.

6. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

That would be fine, I play the numbers game with my runs as it is and I am confident that I can still run the ball just as well as long as I don't try to outthink myself

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Haha it's hard to find good o line men in this game these days.

8. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I also am finding it hard to run. Maybe for me a big of it is b/c I'm running the Run & Shoot but it seems like for me the only time I have success running is when I call draw plays. A major part of my HB's yards came in garbage time.

9. pnc

pnc Walk On

A couple of long runs were he padded his stats he caught me in a blitz. Once he broke the first tackle he was gone. His oline was also opening pretty good holes.