Run gameplan

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Keller, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Run gameplan

I don't normally have any trouble with fumbles but I was curious what results people have had with changing their rushing gameplan around.

I'd be particularly interested in hearing about the differences between a normal game and a game where you...

Gameplan conservative

After contact, a large majority of the time, try to break the tackle using the RS or spin/stiff arm etc.

Do you break more tackles? Do you not fumble as often? How does it compare to your results to how you normally play?

Gameplan aggressive

Same scenario. I would expect that you would fumble more but break more tackles correct?

Different scenario, keep the game plan on but try covering up the ball more and juking spinning etc less. Do your rb's break more tackles naturally?

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I use conservative carry a lot. It definitely makes a difference. you can still break tackles here and there, but you see a lot less of those adrian-peterson-on-meth type runs where you break 6 or 7 tackles in a row. oh, and you see a lot less fumbles... almost none heh. (I almost always cover up before contact too)

Ive never even tried aggressive. I feel like the backs fumble too much with it on balanced, and im usually pretty good with user jukes/spins so I guess I dont need extra help breaking tackles.

3. Keller

Using conservative do you try to break tackles after being wrapped up? How often? How would you compare that to your results on default gameplan?

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

yes I do. I almost always try to break the tackle if I have it on conservative. ive noticed far less fumbles when trying that. I havent taken it to the "lab" or anything, but id say its pretty balanced. by balanced i mean your chance of fumbling is reduced to almost 0, and your chance of breaking the tackle is reduced close to 0 also.

pulling this out of my rear... but if balanced gave you a 50/50 chance to break the tackle then I'd say conservative gives you about a 1/10 chance to break the wrap-up.

it seems to make a very noticeable difference this year

5. Keller

Whats your RB's carry?

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

using Texas and Florida so i dont know how itd work with the scrubs.

maybe sometime this weekend i can run a test. i'll play a game with it on each of the three settings and compare results.

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I usually just roll with it on normal and trying to limit use of the R-Stick. I need to make a mental note to change it to conservative with a lead in the 2nd half as fumbles seem to be more prevalent in 2011.

I'll try to experiment a bit with this in ranked games. Maxattaxs theory seems worth testing.