running the ball effectively

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by War Eagle, Jul 28, 2010.

1. War Eagle

War Eagle Banned

running the ball effectively

I build my passing game behind a steadily running game. This year I have not been able to get my running game going. Just a hb dive or hb iso I will lose 2-4 yards a lot of the time. After I get a few long passes in I seem to be able to run the ball. I am use to having my HB going for 150- 200 yards a game. It seems like this year vs the good teams I am at 70- 100 yards rushing. Is anyone having the same problem. I use Auburn's playbook? What are some good playbooks for the running teams. Thanks

2. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

the playbook i use is BC playbook, i played the first year and my HB won the Hesimen. To me to have a sucsesful running game you have to call plays for the A,B, and C gaps.(mix it up with pitches and inside runs.)

[​IMG]

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I've had the exact opposite problem. Running is too easy now that lineman get to the second level and the WR picks up the safety on pitches/options.

Make sure you have enough blockers in the direction your running. If your running weak side and they are stacked to that side flip the play or motion the TE to the running play side.

Follow your blocks and don't outrun them. Running plays where the HB crosses the QB are also still kind of broke and usually end up with your HB getting smashed by a DLmen.

4. War Eagle

War Eagle Banned

Thanks Guys. I am about to go run off and play a quick game and try this out.

5. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

yeah another thing that i was going to say that Matrix touched upon is being patient dont hold down turbo right from the start give it a sec to let your holes open up and hit them

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I have had no problem running with any of the three teams I am using (Michigan State, Arizona, and Marshall). I think the biggest thing is patience, like Matrix said you have to follow your blockers, and you have to mix up the type of running plays you are using. I even throw in a couple End Arounds to catch the defense waiting for the Iso play. You have to let the holes develop and let your blockers get to the second level, don't just hold the stick down and burst through (which I know you had to do in '10 because how quickly the Dlineman got off their blocks).

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You don't have a problem... between 70-100 yards versus good schools is pretty good...

8. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

haha we sent that at pretty much the same time and said the same thing, you know the saying great minds think alike

9. War Eagle

War Eagle Banned

just finished the game. 30 carries 127 yards vs bama.

10. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

do u play on hesimen?

11. War Eagle

War Eagle Banned

yes. I just simmed it so I only play offense so it would go quicker. No this was not a dynasty.

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

What team were you playing as?

13. War Eagle

War Eagle Banned

Auburn ( me) v Alabama ( CPU)

14. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Heismen running is brutal, try using some adjusted AA sliders. I think that may be your problem

15. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

running for 127 against bama is brutal??

16. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

i thaught he was bama. and with mark ingram 30 carries for 127 yards is pretty brutal against a lesser auburn. IMO

17. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

;)

18. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

we posted at the same time so i didnt see it

19. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Getting 127 rushing yards against the best defense I've ever seen on a default roster in an NCAA game is pretty damned impressive if you ask me.

20. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

In my OD we're in we're playing on Heisman.

Saine, Clay, and Royster are all averaging over 10 ypc. >.<

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Go grab the sliders we are using in The Experience (they are AA), then see how that Auburn vs Alabama running game looks, haha.

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Everyone in the legacy was averaging 10 ypc. Made a slider change, not anymore.... :)

23. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think Georgia was in the top 3 rushing and last week had a 2.3 YPC average in The Experience.

24. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Not to rain on your parade shaun, but hopefully you aren't saying 2.3 ypc is what every league should aim for?

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Don't want this to come out rude but... that was real John Maddenish... I say that because where else could you call a run??;)