Running the ball

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by DC, Aug 9, 2012.

1. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Im Sitting here looking at stats and noticing none of us seem to be really running the ball well. I cant run at all and i love to run it. At first, I thought it was my OL and RB...but they are pretty good. So i came to the conclusion i either suck or the sliders are slightly difficult. Now here are some stats to back me up.

Not one team user team is in the top 25 for rushing the ball.​
    ScreenHunter_61 Aug. 09 15.58.jpg
    And in the all user stats, No one is close to a 1000 yards rushing as of yet. And we will be lucky if 3 guys get there...​
    ScreenHunter_61 Aug. 09 15.57.jpg
    So What do you guys think of making running the ball a little easier? I can get by on basically running an air raid offense, but id love to run a balanced offense. Lets hear some opinions fellas.​
    signed, yours truly!​
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I'm always open to suggestions, but here's my .02.

I don't think guys are trying hard enough to establish the run. If you take a look at the attempts, it's substantially less than the CPU. Furthermore, the averages of the user RBs seem completely realistic imo. I don't think there is enough patience on anyones behalf, and the cool new passing trajectory stuff has been too tempting.

Not opposed to making an adjustment, I just feel like it's balanced. You have nearly 300 passing attempts with Logan Thomas. While I have no doubt you've tried to run the ball, I don't think you're being as patient as you could be (I could be completely wrong, just looking at the numbers). Also, every complaint I've had about the running game has been "I can't run against users." Adjusting sliders won't make a difference in user games, sadly.

Bottom line is these are realistic YPC numbers. MUCH better than seeing everyone with 6 or 7.

UNC
    Gio Bernard 4.7
    Romar Morris 5.06

FSU
    Devonta Freeman 5.5

Miami
    Randy Johnson 4.4

Oregon
    Kenny Basset 2.8

Oregon State
    Terron Ward 5.4
    Malcolm Agnew 6.3

UCLA
    Malcolm Jones 4.8

USC
    George Farmer 6.5

VT
    JC Coleman 4.1
    Michael Holmes 2.8

Washington
    Jesse Callier 5

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  3. I Peench

Also, Gio Bernard has almost more carries than any other user, and he's been hurt for the past 4 weeks I believe?

#justsayin

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

If Malcolm Agnew wasn't a twat he would have a lot more attempts and yards. Last year he was 5-7 weeks due to back spasms, same as this year, and almost hit the 1,000 mark with 9 TDs, +-2. With my RBs this year they will have one rush for 7 yards and get tired ala Jovan Stevenson so of course his attempts are yielded to Terron Ward. OSU running a 3 back system, bitches :D

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Forget what I said lol.

6. I Peench

No, no, I want to hear everyone out. If people are feeling the same way, I'll make a small adjustment to CPU run defense or HUM run blocking. I like the competitive balance with the CPU though, so I'll make passing tougher.

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I like it the way it is. It does get frustrating at times but I remind me myself that OL are young and will get better

8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Last year when I was able to play most of my games and had a decent running QB, I think I led all users with 2500 yards, pretty damn good ypc, and was like 3rd or 5th overall for the year in rushing. Granted I'm not running under center but I felt there were decent sliders.

Also with what Peench said: If you're consistently running the ball, there's a huge difference in the defense's fatigue come 4th quarter. This year, in one game, I can't remember which York broke off two huge runs in the 4th where during the first three he had done very little.

I don't think the sliders are to blame so much as us getting frustrated when we see a pulling guard or FB or what have you completely whiff on a block.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I could not agree more on the difficulty of running the ball. I can't get to the outside with Thomas , willing to bet he is the fastest user back. I hate passing so much , but I am not going to lose game because the run blocking AI is shit , and the psychic d-cord knows which way I am running. I hate running for 46 yards a game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Oh and the option blows balls FWIW

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

One on my team bitches!

12. Baron

[​IMG]

Rushing and Yards Record.JPG

13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

14. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

cheese right and cheese left?

• Like Like x 6
  15. Baron

Mostly read option, speed option, power o, counter, buck sweep, dive, and draw. Probably in that order too. Mostly out of shotgun (Normal Flex Wing, Wing Offset, 4 WR Trio, Normal HB Wk, and Spread Flex) but also some pistol and Wishbone.

So I can't speak for under center, obviously, but other than the read option (which is op if what everyone is telling me is true but has been / will be fixed) not much difference, right?

16. DC

DC Shake n Bake

well maybe once i get this mobile qb in.....ill be able to run it

17. I Peench

In fairness, Baron put those numbers up before they tuned LBs being retards with the read option.

I'm currently running mostly out of ace in my game vs NC St. I'll let you know how I do. Saw has had a ton of success running under center.

18. Baron

I'd mentioned that earlier. :(

19. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I am using two backs and both have over 550 yards. We're I using one idnhave 1200 yards. Last year running ace and I, I had a 1400 yard rusher. I think things are great. But i can understand y'alls frustrations

20. I Peench

Please explain this to JFace907 and get him to go back to a pro-style offense...we all know that's where he is best.

JJ dropping user games like this saddens me. I need him at his best, and the spread aint the answer!

21. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

As someone who probably runs less than anyone else so far in the dynasty, I don't see a huge problem with them. I also run 90% of my RUN PLAYS out of the shotgun, I know it's a little different in a two TE set and a HB behind you.

22. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

here is my question , and I will anser it honestly from my end so I hope you guys do the same.....

Do you actually run towards the gap that should be there vs. CPU or do you have to freelance the play ?

I just played WSU , and damn near lost I may add. Almost every time I ran towards the gap that would have been the design I get stuffed, but if I break towards a different gap I can get yards. I have had one of the better offensive lines among us these two seasons , and I can only run vs. CPU if I break the play off at the start. The CPU defense always collapses to the play, every time. Furthermore , as I gripped in CB a moment ago, since the tuner update I have had multiple option plays where my QB does not pitch it when I hit the button, costing me tons of yards.

• Like Like x 2
  23. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I did practice mode yesterday and ran several run plays....I could get a ton of yards on cut backs and bump outs. ....but following blockers was no bueno

24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

The thing that bugs me the most , and anyone who has played will agree , I run a ton of play action. It seems odd that I would have so much success throwing it with play action , yet I can't run the damn ball.

oreilly_disgusted.jpg

25. Baron

I Peench and I have had the same problem.