Running up the Score

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have mentioned this multiple times and again I will mention it one last time before handing out suspensions.

If you have a sizeable lead, whether you're playing the CPU or another owner, pull your starters. Its just that simple.

You shouldn't be throwing the ball with a 49 point lead in the 4th quarter. Period.

This is everyones last warning, I will start handing out 1 game suspensions for blatant infractions.

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Especially with the new guys joining and seeing the scores of their games, I figured this needed a bump and reminder and especially with the start of the season.

So there are no excuses on any games.

If you get a pick and are up big and could easily take it to the house, run it some and step out of bounds, if you got a big run going, step out of bounds or slid down. No reason to run up the score.

If anything it hurts you with the Max Accelerators.

• Like Like x 1
  3. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I pulled my starters in the 3rd quarter :) you can see I have backups with stats. I may have run a pick back for 6 late...BUT that was my rookie man, he needs to build his attributes. Again, backup playing. I never used a lot of players on this team before and its kinda just me workin' out the kinks.

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

With a 1:15 left you shouldn't be running a pick back, if you want your rookie to build attributes play him earlier and his attributes build just off the pick alone. Shouldn't be putting up 27 points in the 4th quarter, when you win by 34 points. We are not here to run the score up on the CPU or on another opponent especially with the pick 6 that late in the game.

I understand it's working out the kinks but that type of this will get you an infraction and get you a game suspension so I'm just trying to nip it in the bud before you get the suspension.

5. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Understanding how accelerators work now why not let people turn lose? I mean for the weekly awards you can just toss out unreal performances, and also toss them out for end of the year awards. Then when they get to the off season and get hit with the accelerators those of us not doing it win big with a rich free agency :).

6. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Probably because it's not sim

• Like Like x 2
  7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Exactly!