Runningofthebulls.net

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by capp34, Aug 9, 2010.

1. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Runningofthebulls.net

Week 1- We started off the season versus a scrappy Tulane squad who did not show any intimidation towards the bulls. We started off the very slow, we could not move the ball on the stout Tulane defense. In the 2 quarter my starting QB was not out of the game and next weeks game versus Florida. My backup could not complete pass to save his, he overthrowing/under throwing wide open receivers. Luckily we were able to pull it in overtime and win with a huge TD run by my running back.

2. capp34

Week 2- We went into the game with an open mind against number 6 Florida. That was until the 2nd quarter fumble recovery for TD by my backup QB. After that the wheels came completely off and he could could not throw a rock in ocean because he was so rattled. My run game was completely shut down by the Gators defense, most of my runs were for zero or negative yardage. The Gators cruised to victory after halftime, I was only able to put up 14 points.

3. capp34

Week 3- User game against Cal. We started the game off very slow on offense and Cal got off to an early 7 point lead with a slot post over the middle. Our Defense kept us in the game in the first half, we went into halftime trailing . We come out in 2nd half and throw an early pick but our Defense was playing superb once again not allowing Cal to score in the 3rd quarter. The true action of the game began in the 4th quarter. Cal started off the 4th quarter with ball and a 10 point lead when #22 George Baker makes huge pick to keep us alive.
    [youtube]o6E_74Ba3AU[/youtube]
    [​IMG]

The drive ended up stalling we took a short FG to bring us within 7 points of Cal. I was like OK Defense all we need is one more stop to make this interesting and I will be damn if my free safety #45 Mistral Raymond heard me calling.
    [youtube]ZOEB95v2Afk[/youtube]

After the pick we take the ball right down the field to score and tie the game hoping for overtime. Only problem was there was about 45 seconds left on the clock for Cal with all 3 timeouts. They proceed to drive down the field and get into field range, with 3 seconds left on clock they attempted the game winning field only it came up a few inches short. Im thinking to myself that we are on borrowed time so if I get a chance to win this in OT im going to take it. I win the toss and go on defense first. Cal scores the go ahead TD on 3rd and goal, it was great precision high pass over my corner sitting in a flat zone.
    [youtube]8Gd-5go3Lpc[/youtube]

We get the ball and the first play my TE is wide open I mean wide open for a easy TD and he drops it. After I pound my fist into the floor 3 times I call another play different formation with the same route for the TE and playaction this time he makes the catch scores the TD.
    [​IMG]

I proceed to the select FG to tie the game and send it into a 2nd OT then I caught myself and said if we cant score from three yards out we dont deserve to win. So I called an 5wide set hoping to spread out the Defense so I could run a QB draw up the middle for the win but Cal saw it coming and pinched the line with the user MLB waiting for the big hit. So I audible to quick pass and put my WR on slant and here is what happened next.

[youtube]iJ5fyM82rzM[/youtube]

It was great game played by both teams like the announcers say '' its a shame someone had to lose''. Great game xXPHACTR