Rushing Statistics

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Keller, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

The numbers on the left represent rank - this is a list of every HB with over 20 carries. My jaw dropped when I saw the leaders.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, everyone is averaging too much. Pettigrew you can almost remove, since he has had a number of really long runs and less than 60 carries. But anything over 5.5 is really unrealistic for our teams.

I don't feel like our OL is blocking the CPU too good and it's not really broken tackles. I'll have to do some work on it.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

There are two aspects that make it very tough this year. One.. Versus bad competition (which you face as a bad team) it's very hard to really get those numbers under control.

I have a side league with buddies that uses the same sliders as tradition and the numbers there are pretty crazy, whereas in the Tradition, the only people with "crazy" YPC are guys with speed backs. Which brings up another issue.

If you have a speed back, they will have HUGE YPC, but without one, it's very realistic... Like a LOWER YPC average for me with Brandon Bolden than he had in real life last year :)

Jeff Scott... In very limited carries averaged over 8 YPC IIRC, because he has speed and that seems to once again be the end-all.

Drifter, if you find something that helps let me know.. Thinking of actually screwing with the speed differential settings or whatever those are, to slow down those speed backs a bit.... in the future maybe... I think that might be all that helps. Because if you tone it down to where a speed back has realistic numbers, the power and slower backs will be awful to use.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

there are only 6 backs over that threshold that you set and 5 of them are leaving after this year... before you tinker with the settings you should see how the teams do with average backs... i know for myself and Mustang we had exceptional backs to start.... and my other guy Brown, runs alot of draws or closes out games after teams have been absolutely woren down by my starting tailback...

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My deal with Henry is that he probably has about 6-7 runs all more than 70 yards, probably the same issue you had with your bowling green HB. He isn't even my starting back. My starting HB that has almost twice as many carries averages right at 4.3 yards a carry. I agree that the rushing defense should be improved, I just don't know as to what extent.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Our threshold is at 10. What I do not like is that with a higher threshold fat ass DEs will run down your WRs and HBs from behind. Unfortunately this is likely another area that a happy medium doesn't exist.

I'm curious to other people's thoughts in the league as to how their ypc got to be so high. Especially from the guys with a lot of carries. Is it options? Too good of blocking? Bad angles by the defense? Is it speed backs that are chomping up large chunks of yardage on the outside?

7. Keller

Speed is the key difference. I have a speed guy - Tyree with 92 spd and look what he averages. I run the same offense when he's not in the game - look at Branden Oliver and his averages are much, much lower.

Maybe its time to look at moving up the CPU Blkshd or something like that OR bumping up the Speed Threshold so speed guys aren't as dangerous.

I was just posting because I thought it was interesting

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I've been monitoring it for a while now. Just need feedback to address it.

9. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Almost all of Henry's long runs came from up the middle. I can think of 4-5 that were long runs, 60+, where they blitzed from the outside and I ran it up the gut and simply made one man miss and that was it. Now maybe it is scheme because Henry only starts in my I formation with 2 WR's and Strong formation with two WR's.

Now if the CPU doesn't blitz from the edges, he doesn't normally have a big game. Greene's 4.3 average is much more consistent with how my running game normally goes. I have no idea if Henry being fresh has anything to do with it either, but he normally comes into the game completely fresh.

10. Keller

Probably should take out Tyree's outlier when looking at his statistics - it was a freak game.

[​IMG]

That means 808yards/138carries = 5.855ypc

More inline with others so far.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Check out the vid I uploaded of McGuffie against ECU, that is indicative of how my monster run games happen.

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

My problem has been that the computer stacks the box on me on a lot of 1st and 2nd downs it seems like. The last 3-4 games I've been trying to open up the down field passing game, which has opened up more holes for my guys. I've also noticed that the YPC in user games is typically a lot lower than it is in the cpu games so far. At least in the user games I've played I don't think a back for either team has averaged over 4 YPC except maybe one of Bondzai's backs against me.

13. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Drifterbub

Are we increasing the CPU run defense for next season? I just seen this these stats & looking @ some of the games stats in the summaries thread, our running games shouldn't be this good.

Also increasing the CPU pass defense by maybe 1 click?

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I had 1 300 yrd game not a huge ypc as keller, because i had 23 carries. i get most of my yards late when the D is tired and i always count defenders before i hike the ball.. It's not like we are playing great talent either were playing MAC and CUSA so it should be equal..

How about we bump up intentional grounding as the cpu does it like 5 times a game and never gets called..

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya no kidding, I dont think a slider fixes that, I think its a bug to where it isnt getting called at all any more

16. Keller

Lol yeah - the CPU loves to do that shit.

17. JrRawlins

why are we bumping up the CPU rush defense...? as i said before.... most of the backs that are excelling are waay above average for our conferences and should be excelling, the rest are right on par with where they should be.... and bumping up the pass defense? we got guys averaging 3 or 4 picks a game? how many do you want them to average 5 or 6?

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya McGuffie just finished with 1990 yards this season. There are usually a few mid-major HBs around the nation who have very successful years. My backups who come in when McGuffie is out, dont have near the stats that he does. I think it may be the speed threshhold. McGuffie just burns past their entire defense, they cant even take an angle on him many of times.

19. Keller

I would be in favor of adjusting this as well - the better/faster our teams get, the wider the gap will be.

Everyone knows my disdain for the CPU INTs so I won't say anything else other than I agree to a certain extent.

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Or do we want to reward elite speed? I havent recruited anyone near McGuffies athelticism yet, he is a rare athlete for our schools' talent level.

• Like Like x 1
  21. JrRawlins

exactly my point.... why bump up the run sliders when no one has a back even close to Mcguffie.....

my guy Brown runs draw plays on 3rd and 20.... of course he is gonna get 6 plus yards per carry..... it would probably be higher than that if i didnt use him as my closer to end games...

22. JrRawlins

Have you recruited a back even close to the level of Mcguffie or my guy Williams yet? I dont think so... so why change the sliders before we get the talent?

23. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

MY RB's suck, I had shitty rushing numbers and it showed in my User vs User record

24. Keller

I guess I'm more proactive than reactive.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Bumping up the intentional grounding slider for the CPU doesn't mean they will actually get called when they do it. The sliders don't make the referees more aware of a certain penalty.

All it does is alter the probability that a certain penalty will happen.