Rushing stats - ALL READ

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Rushing stats - ALL READ

Guys, the rushing stats in CPU games the past few weeks are way out of hand. There have been several games of backs putting up in excess of 250 yards in blowout wins (3 this week alone). We have two options:

1. You guys self-police and do more subbing of HB's during the game and avoiding bouncing runs outside too much just because you can.
    2. We institute sliders similar to those being used in the Deuce and Experience, which make running extremely difficult because user run blocking is seriously reduced and CPU run defense is very high.

Perry and I would prefer to leave the run blocking alone, but we can't have half the league with 2,000 yard rushers. We'll be watching the stats the next few weeks and see what you guys want to do after week 8 or 9 when we next adjust the sliders.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

My guy Trotter went for 200 on 26 carries, I don't think that's too bad (especially since it is Army we're talking about playing lol) but if it is, let me know and it'll be taken care of, no worries.

I just play like I coach, I'm going to run the piss out of the football in order to open everything up, and if the run is working, then screw passing lol.

Seriously though, I may not have been one of the big ones, but, I'll keep my stuff in check.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah I was playing San Diego State. You know how that goes Dru. :) My man Robbie just broke a few really big runs that inflated the stats. I think my backup had double digit carries as well.

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Well when the game started getting a little out of hand, I just ran the ball to get the game over.... Also most of my runs are through the line... You can even see on my 95 yard run in the highlight it was a run that went through the offensive line first.

5. Dru50

What we are driving at is that it seems like starters are staying in for longer than necessary when the games are out of hand.

Just keep it in mind going forward everyone.

6. Dru50

Bump - I want to make sure everyone sees this thread.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Don't worry. I will pull Royster in the second half, after I am up big against Fresno St next game.

8. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Read and understood, I'm one of the guys with big numbers this week. I had 3 big runs that really pushed up the numbers. Two of them were for over 60 yrd tds. I like to run the power and counter plays which if you are patient you can bust them big. I pulled Whittaker at the end of the 3rd but the damage had been done

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Read and understood

You hurt my top HB anyways, so I can't run up his stats :(

10. BDSDIGITAL

Thank you. I appreciate that.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Read and understood.

12. Dru50

I brought this up earlier in the season, and if anything the rushing stats are more out of hand now than they were before.

As examples:
    - Several user RB's are averaging in excess of 7 ypc.
    - Several RB's are having games the past few weeks of 10 ypc. For example, PSU put up 300 yards rushing on less than 25 carries in a rivalry win vs a good MSU defense.

You guys haven't left me a choice, self policing yourselves by not running absurd amounts of sweeps/tosses/stretches/counters did not work. We will be seriously bumping up the CPU run defense and as much as I hate to do it we will likely tone down the user run blocking. Those who are not putting up coleco-vision stats can blame those who continue to abuse the outside running game.

13. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Sorry I guess, but I am pretty sure I mix up my running plays. I haven't had any of the 4 users from our games complain that I am aware of. When you bust a couple of 70+ yd runs its gonna raise the avg. I even had a dive play that went for 40+ yds and from the highlight I posted the cpu is dumb. Should have been a 5-10yd play. I do think running is fairly easy on our settings and wouldn't object to changing the sliders to make it more difficult. I know it sucks for the lower tier teams, but I am not sure there is a fix that will satisfy everyone.

edit: I just checked game stats and I had 2 70+yd runs. You take those 2 away and it was 11 carries for 60+yds. Which wouldn't be that unreasonable of an average.

14. BDSDIGITAL

I speak for myself when I say I probably run a little more between the tackles than to the outside. I've played against some very poor defenses that couldn't stop me if I gave them the play ahead of time (see SD St, UNLV, etc) no offense Jman.

The dynasty wire is down so I can't pull my stats for the season but I'm probably right around 7ypc.

I blame the fact that I have the best RB in the conference and some of these defenses are lousy at best.

That being said there are some people that start their runs inside and bounce out after the LB's commit to the original running lanes. I've seen alot of the highlights on dynasty wire and I'm sure you have too. I think that is a bigger problem than the sliders.....just my opinion.

edit: but I do think we could do something to make running a little harder slider wise, don't get me wrong.

15. Dru50

I agree, playcalling by users and bouncing inside runs outside are definitely the issue. That can be managed with sliders, but it will make running much more difficult in general.

Last year, there were 3 HB's in the BCS conferences that averaged 6 ypc, we have probably 8-10 in the big boy teams alone in this dynasty doing so.

16. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I know I probably have 1 of those RB's but I run more inside then outside check my YPC and I am pretty sure I probably have the lowest YPC avg then anyone as far as user teams go. I like to run the ball 30+ times a game but I have started passing more recently so that my RB's dont have 200+ yards rushing every game. I can asure you I have about 10+ plays a game where I either get hit for a loss or a 2-3 yard gain but the 60+ yard runs that I tend to break about twice a game really make the numbers look inflated. A good example is last week vs a bad Maryland team. I was stuffed on every running play early so i went to the air for the rest of the half just about and I still ended up with over 100 yards on just 10 carries because of 2 runs that i busted for 50+ yards up the middle mind you.

17. Dru50

I guess more the point is whether I'm the only one who cares about this topic.

If nobody else cares that the ypc of user hb's in here are in no way reflective of sim ball, then I'll leave things as they are. The premier dynasties are supposed to set an example and right now I feel like some people are badly abusing how easy it is to run outside.

A couple of people have mentioned big inside runs, but the only run highlights I ever see saved are outside runs or inside runs that are bounced outside for huge plays.

18. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I do agree that the sliders need to be bumped up in general anyways. These computer teams are not competitive at all. Rushing sliders can be bumped because it shouldnt be as easy to run as it has been. I beleive the rushing stats are out of control so mark me down as being in favor of tougher sliders

19. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

That's not true... most of Clemson's big runs the past weeks has been in-between the tackles and I'm sure a good amount of them are saved to the wire.

20. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

FYI- what you do with the sliders I'm with either way. Though I stopped my complaining early as I said I would, I have not been a fan of these sliders since day one because of the level of difficulty. Playing two top 10 cpu teams back to back and knowing there is a 0% chance I will lose does not get me excited for a game I should be excited for.

21. Dru50

I didn't want to crush the user run blocking slider because it basically makes it impossible to run a spread option or regular option offense. I was hoping peope could contain themselves. I'm open to suggestions on the sliders, evidently I was way off base. Shino, if you have a set you like, please post them for consideration.

22. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

My concern would be that we may be exchanging one problem for another. If running becomes more difficult then this will turn into a passing league where QBs are putting up unrealistic numbers. I am a run the ball player so any "tweaks" to the running game hurts my style and any other user that runs the ball. I believe their are some passing numbers that are being put up that according to the strictist definition of "SIM" play is not realistic.

I'm down for whatever benefits the league and the spirit of sim play. I do believe users are ultimately going to put up bigger ypc or ypa because we are smarter players than the cpu.

P.S. - Last year their were only 3 QBs in the top 40 that had over 8 yrds per attempt and no QB in the top 40 had over 10 yrds per attempt. The argument could be made that the QB stats are also not "sim". The top 4 in our league are:

Ponder - 11.46 per attempt
    Keenum - 11.10 per attempt
    Gilbert - 10.43 per attempt(myself)
    Kaepernick - 9.40 per attempt

I pulled the stats from ESPN.

23. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

My guys average was high but I broke WAY more ISO plays absurd distances than I ever did sweeps against the CPU, so, I do take offense to the whole thing.

I'm fine with whatever but I'm just saying that with some of us out hight YPC was not necessarily because of sweeps and tosses.

Not trying to be an ass Dru, you know I just state my feelings straight out.

24. Dru50

Yards per pass attempt is going to be higher this year due to how effective man coverage is (thereby making slants more difficult) and the fact that the CPU blitzes a ton.

As I said, I'm open to discussion on how to amend the sliders to make the game more sim.

25. Dru50

My recollection is that outside of Clemson, very few highlights have been posted showing long inside runs. I can only base my opinion on stats and the highlights that you guys put on the wire.

I know I'm coming across as an ass, but everyone agreed they would self-police on this issue and I'm just not seeing it. If everyone thinks I'm off base, my apologies and we can continue as is.