Rushing Yards

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Rushing Yards

Out of the first 5 games played.... 3 have had no answer for the run....

What's up? Is your team just that much over-matched on defense?

You guys do know that the "Game Plan" feature is permitted in this league right?

It would be helpful for you guys having trouble with the run to post a game stat summary, including TOP, ect.... This is the only way I can gain collective knowledge of what is going on and try to fix it within the next couple of weeks.

2. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Well USC had 71 yards on 17 rushes, 4.1 Average i bet you i they ran more they would go over century mark but it is USC. but they needed to pass to get back into the game so ya.

I like to control the LB that is going up against the HB, i would rush in to tackle the RB if it looks like a hand off (PA pass will kill me ) . and of course i set conservative on tackling, and crashing the line on one side really helps too.

but most comes to reading the offense and dont be greedy, no big hits, no stripping.

Hope it helps

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I didn't post mine yet, but I know I allowed over 100 yards rushing. Probably would have been over 200, but the CPU kept throwing the ball up 24 in 4th.

Oh yeah on a separate note, allowed over 300 yards passing.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

This same thing happened to me in a BfR game against Bama....held them in the first half and then in the 2nd half it was like a team possessed. Didn't switch anything, but their HB rushed 25 times for 345 yards or something like that for 6 TDs...impossible to tackle. Idk TOP but it didnt take them long to score like that. Idk if it was the AI's BS Will to Win they seem to get, but LaTech game back and took care of business behind Daniel Porter. He is a very good back and apparently can shake 3 tackles per run.

5. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

I'll post a summary of my CMU game when I get home, but if memory serves me right their HB broke TD runs of 97yds and 60ish... that was MTSU... Next week Ohio State. Ugh.

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah, LaTech's Porter broke rushing TDs in the 70's, 60's, 50's, and 40's...with Pitt and Cal next to come...Jahvid Best is going to cap over 500 yards!!!

7. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Yep, Indiana's running back had like 3 runs over 75 yards. My players (the ones I wasn't controlling) just took bad angles. Perhaps it's their awareness rating? I think its just because our defenses are outmatched.

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

I only gave up 33 rushing yds against CSU; maybe because they fell behind early and abandoned it, but everything seemed ok with me. However, I do understand the Can't Stop Anything feeling, though!!!

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

2 questions:

Is Porter still rated over 90? In other rosters he was rated 91 ovr.

Is Buffalo's defense still really slow?

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My game

Rushing yards allowed was over 130. Only 3 broken tackles though. I believe RB ability is fine. I also believe run blocking is fine.

Total passing yards didn't bother me, allowed 317 yards. The QB being accurate didn't bother me. Their receivers not dropping passes, being in rain and when being hit bothered me. They were around 80% completion at end of 3 qtrs. Also, cpu being up 16-24 and still throwing the ball on first down and throwing it deep on first down bothered me.

If they played ball control after going up 24, they probably would have had over 175 yards rushing. Also the completion % would have been around 70-80%. Final could have been 41-17 or similar.