Russ and Ben talk about some of the new features in NCAA '11

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, May 21, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Russ and Ben talk about some of the new features in NCAA '11

[youtube]HzFm84utLQA[/youtube]

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The big ? in my mind right now is they keep saying "speed no longer is #1". It sounds great and all but then I got to thinking I cannot ever recall seeing a 99 SPD guy that didn't also have very high ACC and AGI ratings as well.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

really, i saw a ton of them in our dynasty this year. I had a 4 year starter at HB that had 94-96 speed and his acceleration capped out at 83.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Oh yeah. The fastest guy ever on my UNC squad had like 97 speed and 83 or so AGI. He was solid, but I had a combo-back with 93 speed, power, and like mid 90 ish ACC and AGI and he felt much smoother to play with. I felt it subtly in '10, and I'm glad to see it being honed for 2011. This video was pretty nice--from what I've been seeing it looks like the OL-DL interaction will be much different.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

**** EDITED, NO NEED FOR THAT ***

6. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

It's not really about the specialty positions, I think it's going to have a bigger impact on defensive lineman and linebackers. That defensive end who is garbage but has 84 speed won't be worth as much without the acceleration to go along with it (HELLI).

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

WTF are you talking about!? We haven't even played lol... There is only one guy on my team right now with more than 10 sacks and he is a total monster (Rich Beck). Great speed, strength, and pretty much everything else, he has done his stuff from the RE spot which gets fewer sacks.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

One of the common complaints I've seen on the interwebs about recruits is all the mid-to-high 90s SPD guys with low-to-mid 80s ACC.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Well maybe I'm just crazy. Then again, I'm not a guy that just chases speed all over the field. From what I recall all of the 95+ SPD guys also had high 80s - high 90s in ACC and AGI.

Sort of off-topic, did I read/hear somewhere that they finally slowed the game speed down (ala Madden 10)? I sure hope so or at least the option to do so. IMO Madden 10's speed was much more realistic than NCAA 10.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I hope they didn't, I did not like Madden speed

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I heard that the game speed is adjustable, and I think the default speed is a bit slower than it was before... Just my overall impression. I really hope it is adjustable online unlike Madden this year which basically ruined the game IMO.

I realize that the pace of NCAA is sometimes frenetic but that's somewhat of a necessity when your view of the field is from 30 feet above the action.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Co-Sign...

13. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Here I go being an antagonist again. The gameplay videos don't excite me anymore. It really just looks like they've used more makeup on the game. Doesn't look like they've addressed any of the big issues. Maybe it'll be different when we play it, but at this point I'm skeptical.

Mark 2:47: Pryor does a spin move and PSU's #15 LB falls down and goes the wrong way. If this happens to me I will probably throw my controller through my TV!!! Also, on the next QB read option, as Pryor's taking it to the house, watch the DE in pursuit and look at the glitchy angles he takes.

Mark 3:28: Air Force Option - watch the middle of the O-line, there's a ton of time shifting going on. The DT gets blocked 4 yards off the ball while doing a moonwalk. There's still no physics present in relation to how a players foot is stuck in the ground.

Anybody else notice this?

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya the Air Force run looked BAD on the Oline

15. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I checked and in the live developer chat on locomotion they indicated that NCAA 11 will have a slider so players can tune game speed to their liking. I don't know if that slider will be adjustable for regular online play. I suspect that it would be for online dynasties.

I'm surprised so.... many people hated the slower Madden this year. I was completely the opposite after playing Madden's more true to life speed I wanted to puke when I went back to NCAA where guys run 2.0 40s

16. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I agree with you CLW, I think Madden's play speed is much more realistic.

17. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No puedo esperar de 11 a salir. Y alguien tiene que tomar los dos desarrolladores de EA a un club de striptease. Parece que realmente lo necesitan.

18. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah but again "realistic" is in the eye of the beholder. I mean if you had Madden's game speed and a first person view from the eyes of the QB I'd say o.k. that's realism! But our view is NOT that view, with that game speed and the view we have it bored the everloving SHIT out of me. Just horrid.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Atleast it sounds like they've worked on the blocking for those option style offenses so people like me can make realistic reads..

I'm pumped! I had fun running zone read this year, it looks like it is gonna be even more effective next year.

I'm excited they added a few misdirection plays to the fleXbox One offenses too! Hopefully, they've added some cool stuff to the other playbooks!

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Enough with the damn spanish. Especially about taking them to a strip club.