Rutgers survives tough Pitt team

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The Rutgers offense wasn't in sync all game as Pitt did a good job confusing their offense throughout the game. It took some small adjustments and it resulted in a 31-17 win over Pitt.

Pitt defensively wanted to force Rutgers to throw outside the numbers, so they crowded the middle of the field with their big beastly LB's and it worked initially. JR-QB Daniel Sims threw 2INT's on the game over the middle and had at least 4-5 passes that were batted down or almost picked off in the process.

The 1st adjustment was take Pitt deep and outside. The result was two huge plays from Anthony Rogers, who had 168 yards receiving on the game and had two long TD plays (with a long of 76). Jay Thomas caught a 58 yarder off playaction which was shortly underthrown as Thomas got behind the Pitt coverage for a TD. "Today we really wanted to take advantage of their secondary but they did a great job of stopping us initially...but I feel we have the best offensive coordinator in the country on our side and we did a great job of making an adjustment on top of theirs," said QB Daniel Sims.

The other move Rutgers did was pound the rock. The tandem of Arnold/James did a great job of starting inside and getting to the outside of an aggressive Pitt defense down in the trenches. "We saw somethings we could exploit and we did," said Arnold who was tough all game.

Defensively, we look no further to you than SR-LE Brian Moore, 4 year starter and is now getting rave reviews as a 1st round talent. Today he had 5 tackles, 4 behind the LOS and 2 sacks. Moore's ability to destroy runs in the backfield was huge as the Pitt offense could never get their run game going like they wanted to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

was a gg.. pretty even the whole way. The difference was red zone offense...i failed to get 7 twice. Once i had 2nd and goal on the inch line. I must have had Mo' rollin on the floor as my QB sneaked it twice without gaining an inch for the TD then he blew up my FB on 4th and inches. Was laughable really...

At least i felt i had a better gameplan this time and didn't get destroyed. I agree i need to look to Byers more, and some of those sacks and ducks i threw were for him. My oline played poorly today and i lost Ferguson for 2qtr. His backup came in and had a nice game, busting a 60 yard TD run making Mo miss twice in the secondary.

I'll never beat Rutgers..

gg Mo.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol I was laughing, that animation= gay to say the least...you had the easy TD those two times and he just laid on the ground after the snap twice...then my boy Ellison came in there to blow ya RB up on 4th down.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Rutgers!!! I love the QB sneak x2