S(2) Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by indyballin22, Oct 11, 2010.

1. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

S(2) Week 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Talk about a crazy game! The Blazers storm back to win this game in the 4th quarter. Things started out badly and the Blazer defense gave up 28 points in the 1st Quarter. However, Coach Indy would tear into both his offense and defense in between quarters and fired his guys up. The defense would pitch a shutout for the rest of the game, and QB David Isabelle came to life in the 2nd before getting injured in the last play of the half. In the First half he threw for 250 yards and 3 TDs. Redshirt senior QB Bryan Ellis would come in and play a great game and control the team. He would throw 7-10 for 125 yards and 1 TD. RB Pat Shed also run for 92 yards and was able to pick up yards on the ground and keep the Blazers on the field longer as they dominated the clock having the ball almost 19mins compared to 8mins for Marshall. In week 4 UAB travels to Tulsa.

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    LTU wins again..this time on last second FG. 34-31, killer recap to come tomorrow..

3. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Hawaii downed by colorado again 43-14. Pollard had 225 yrds recieving and 2 td's and Moniz had over 300 yrds passing again and 2 td's and 2 int's. That was pretty much the good news, the other is we got killed by Colorado again. Could not contain or anything in this game. Hopefully we can remedy this for the next weeks gm.

4. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

you know your really bringing down my strength of sched bama... (n)

5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

the strength of schedule is fine T2,(y) just for some reason Colorado has our number, Tried the gameplan i used vs oregon st and rice and nothing worked, They knew when i would pass and defended well, what else can u expect from a 5-6 star team. i'm moving on from this gm and preparing for my next opponent. didn't mean to sound like a downer. :(

as long as i reach 2 of my 3 goals I'm fine.

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Had a battle with Nevada. Both teams played great and left it on the field. Bot much more to say since it was a tight defensive game. Best of luck to you in the future Dannyboy well played my friend.

UCF.......24
    Nevada...14

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Well I had a great recap all typed out...and then FireFox decides to crash. Sometimes I hate computers.

Basically it was a back and forth game that didn't really get going until after halftime. Cruz Williams had three receiving touchdowns, and Colby Cameron threw for 400 yards. It was a tough fight until the Idaho Vandal RB fumbled with 3:00 to go. I was able to put myself in FG range and then milk the clock. Nelson nailed the 33 yard FG to win the game..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

[​IMG]

SDSU travelled to Texas El Paso and recieved an unfriendly welcome.

The game started strong for the Aztecs, marching the field on the game's opening drive. That excitement was short lived as star return man Russel Carr took the ensuing kickoff back for a major.

The Aztec offense put up another touchdown and then shut the Miner's offense down. Marching into the red zone with a 14-7 lead, the Aztecs looked to widen the point differential. UTEP stiffened and SDSU was forced to try a makeable field goal from 30 yards out that just did not have the distance.

The tide seemed to turn and the running game of the Miners got to flowing. UTEP responded with a TD and FG to end the half with a 17-14 lead. Clearly frustrated with his kicker's inability at one point Coach Bear elected to punt on 4th and 2 from the UTEP 32. The punt traveled into the end zone, netting 12 yds.

The second half was more of the same. When SDSU knocked the Miners' starting QB out of the game, backup Jason James came in and spearheaded a successful option attack.

The game remained close. UTEP, to coach Bear's chagrin [given his special teams' performance] nailed a 54 yd field goal to thwart the SDSU comeback attempt late in the 4th quarter.

Still Ryan Lindley had a shot with 30 seconds left [no time outs], down by 6, he had the game in his hands and was looking for a miracle. Lindley was promptly sacked and fumbled over to the Miners to end the game.

Coach RYTY looked slightly concerned at the outset of the game, but could be seen smiling on the sidelines as his system kicked in and the Miners persevered at home despite playing the second half with their #2 quarterback.