S(2) Week 7 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Oct 27, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

post here

2. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

UCF 31 - Southern Miss 23

The only thing the Knights wanted to accomplish in this game is to give the Golden Eagles an honest, hard fought game. Odds makers have been saying all week that there was no chance for the Knights as they face the 5-0, #13 Golden Eagles.
    The Knights would receive the 1st KO. They would score within the first minute behind the legs and pillow soft hands of Brynn Harvey. The Golden Eagles, in front of their home crowd would not be outdone as they scored on the next drive to draw even. Then unexpectedly, the Knights would run off 24 unanswered points through the 4th quarter. The perfect combo of rushing and passing would have the offense methodically moving down the field. The last UCF score was an audible to pass as the Eagles stacked 9 in the box.
    Up 31-7, the Eagles could have packed it up, but they didn't. Behind the arm of Austin Davis, the spray and pray passing was in full effect. Beautiful crossing patterns over the deep middle would have the Knights shaking in their cleats as they could not cover it or provide pressure on the QB. Two quick scores and two 2-point conversions would have the Eagles back in it, down by 8. Southern Miss would get the ball back with a little over 1:30 left and 1 TO. The comeback would be halted as SR MLB Josh Linam would intercept a pass over the middle to seal the victory.
    UCF welcomes in Tulsa next week which should be a battle as the Hurricanes have been on a tear lately.

3. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Yeah man it was a very good game. I felt the loss of my RB and had no confidence in my new guy after he put it on the ground inside your 5 in the 2nd quarter. I should not have bailed on him after that, but I knew that was going to happen. (2) Times inside your 5 yard line and come away with ZIPOLA...I did not descerve to win after that

GG Man

Its gonna be interesting the rest of the way. We both have a Conference loss, but you have a win head to head which means you have the tie breaker. You still have ECU & Tulsa, & SMU while I think I only have MArshall (Not sure about that)

4. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

[​IMG]

I wanted to show WVU that there is one dominant team in the state of West Virginia, and I think they learned that lesson.

5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Tulsa 49 Rice 30
    Coach awaits showdown with UCF
    [​IMG]

In a tightly contested game Tulsa held on for a victory in its rivalry game with Rice. Although Rice came in with only one win in its first five games they shredded the Tulsa defense in a game where Senior QB GJ Kinne uncharacteristically struggled against the unheralded Owls defense. After losing there first 3 non conference games by a total of 6 points to big conference schools Oklahoma, Cal and Baylor the Golden Hurricane have opened C-USA play with 4 straight victories setting up a showdown with UCF next week. Coach mikedredd just smiled when asked about the Knights "I think we looked past the Owls toward UCF next week, now that they are our next opponent all focus will be on them. Coach Paytonno1son likes to downplay his teams chances when in reality those (bleep)ers are pretty good. Its gonna be a helluva game I can't wait." So the stage is set for a big time game at UCF where both coaches believe their team will win.

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

game froze while winning o'well...

7. NDCOLTS1979

Toledo wins easily again this week and had starters sitting out entire 2nd half for the 2nd week in a row

8. NDCOLTS1979

Play it again if u want to

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

tomorrow night after work...I get off at 9pm cst

10. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

The two heade monster of Aaron Winchester and Antoin Scriven did it again as they combined for almost 200 yards to power the mighty Broncos over the 21 ranked Ohio in Anthens,Ohio. The team is now on a 3 game win streak with hopes of sneaking into the Mac Championship game. Score was 30-3.

11. NUCMANDON

NUCMANDON Program Builder

Since the return of the head coach EMU has rallied 2-0 in last 2 weeks. With Pitt next week not looking to good.