S1/BW

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

bowl week is up. guys that have games please post a summary so i know you played.. that or text me.. all cpu games so we should hit the first week of offseason tonight!

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Redhawks Get Beat Like They Stole Something

This game was not even close. NC State just kept beating a dead horse one every play of the game. Five, six if you count the pick six, of NC State's TDs was from the first play of scrimmage. To start things off NC State methodically went down field taking out starting CB Dayonne Nunley, ending his season. The lack of depth from the secondary proved costly and they would not be able to contain any one of the Wolfpack's WRs. After a 3 and out and a 20 yard punt return the Wolfpack would score from the very play of the drive. HB James Washington took the handoff broke a few tackles and walked into the endzone. Miami would then punch their way down field cutting the lead in half when Zac Dysert hooked up with Jason Earle for 55 yard score. Finally the Redhawks get their fits defensive stop but Dysert gave it right back throwing an easy pick to CB David Armson. Next play, you guess it NC State TD. Wolfpack QB Mike Glennon shed a tackle and found WR TJ Graham wide open in the endzone. But wait, there is more Dysert would throw another pick and NC State would score again on the first play from the line of scrimmage. RB James Washington did it again but this time was untouched. It was a designed stretch play that no Redhawk could get off of their blocks to try and even attempt to make the tackle. The 1st Quarter ended in NC State's favor, 28-7. The beat down was in full throttle but some life came to Miami after moving down field and Dysert finding Willie Culpepper for a 16 yrd snag. The Wolfpack was forced to punt but to play laters would score when Dysert would throw a pick six to CB Gary Grant. Miami would then be forced to punt and the defense finally did not allow a TD and held them to a 38 yard FG. The half would end after two FGs from Redhawk K Mason Krysinski putting the score in NC State's favor, 38-13.

There was nothing Miami(OH) could do. They were completely out matched on the line, didn't have the speed on the outside to contain the RB or any WR, and they definitely could not get open. Second half would start with another solid drive by NC State and they would cap it off with a Glennon, Palmer connection. Miami was stopped and actually had a good coffin kick punt to pin the Wolfpack. First play, yet again, NC State would score. James Washington took the outside hand off and was untouched for the 84 yard TD. Backup CB Trey Payne got mauled, SS Pat Hinkel was in la la land, and LOLB Jerrell Wedge forgot why he was on the field. Culpepper would find the endzone for the second time this game beating the OLB for a 38 yard TD. Miami would get a stop but three plays later Dysert ould throw his final pick of the day. Ahhhh the theme continues.... NC State scored in the first play of the drive for the 5th time this game. Glennon shedded another block and found Graham again all alone for the 56 yard TD pass. Payne took himself out of the play when went in the opposite direction of Graham... freshman. No could believe it but the Wolfpack did not score because Miami just kept the clock running signalling defeat.

Miami(OH) would finish the season 10-3 coming in third overall in the MAC and the Orange Bowl's runner up. It was a good run and the coaching staff looks forward to bringing in the recruits and moving far, far, far, far away from this embarrassing loss.

FINAL SCORE: 59-26
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: NC State Wolfpack- 468 Total yards, Avg 10.8 per pass, Avg 11.6 on the ground, caused 4 TO, scored 59 points

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

FYI guys I could use some help finding some guys for the league. If you have any friends on the site here that you know are looking let me know. I would prefer an established TSO member (like, for example Kapono) to add to the mix because I feel we are a top tier league on the site as is: who we proceed to add could play a big role on how we do going forward.

lets find that next great OC member!

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

What about LSUTRUTH?

Also just Kasper and Philstyle3005 left.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Doesn't sounded like he is interested in '12 anymore.. Would love to have him though!

EDIT: playing my game after work too fyi

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Godamit Ghost is rubbing off on me..

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Western Michigan 27
    Pittsburgh 20

Western Michigan wins the All State Sugar Bowl and finishes the season off 13-2. Western Michigan jumped off to a 10-0 start only to see Pittsburgh answer with 13 unanswered points. The Broncos would score however and go into the half up 17-13. Pittsburg would open up the half with a touchdown, but it would be their last score of the game. Western Michigan would kick a field goal early in the 4th to tie the game, come up with a big stop, and Alex Carder would find an open receiver on blown coverage for what ended up being the game winning touchdown. Pittsburgh would be stopped once more and forced to punt, where Western Michigan would run the rest of the clock out by continuing to pick up 1st downs. Alex Carder threw for 363 yards and 2 touchdowns, and also had one rushing touchdown. The Heisman finalist is expected to decide if he will enter the draft, or come back for his SR year. The coaching staff has indicated they fully believe that he will comeback because he could use another year to work on cutting turnovers down.

8. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Kasper. I put the game in today first time in awhile. I think I am interested to give it a shot

• Like Like x 1
  9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Man the Bulls get shatted on by Navy 48-7. That option attack is something else when the Heisman CPU runs it, I couldn't stop it for crap. I couldn't believe my eyes as their FB would fall for extra yards and the QB was tearing up my terrible D as well. Can't forget how he carved the D going 10-14 and throwing 2 TD's. It wasn't a fun game at all.

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

11-2?

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Typed it from my phone.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Ouch-- shit happens though I spose

my man..

13. LSUTRUTH

You have to let me know What teams are ava. I want some cool uni's LOL

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Central Michigan, Kent State, Eastern Michigan, Ohio I think..

15. LSUTRUTH

I think Central Mich has decent Uni's. They are decent as well i think. What school is the best our of the group

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

probably CMU, but i think they have a chunk of seniors graduating

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I will just sim my game from work.

Before I do that though, I need someone to post the award winners (I figure some users will have some) as those players cant be persuades to stay in school -per the rules.

SO, once someone does that (tag me here) I will get the offseason to the first phase.

18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Award Winners
    Maxwell- Terrance Owens (Toledo) sophomore
    Bednarik- Terrell Anderson (Toledo) senior
    Nagurski- Terrell Anderson (Toledo) senior
    Lombardi- Adrian Robinson (Temple) senior
    Best LB- Terrell Anderson (Toledo) senior
    Thorpe- DJ Brown (Miami) junior
    Best Returner- Eric Page (Toledo) junior-not a major award

Kasper

Players Who cannot be persuaded to stay if they decide to leave:
    Terrance Owens (QB) Toledo
    DJ Brown (CB) Miami sawemoff

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

For the record, I am thinking about adding First Team All American to the list of "can't persuade back".. would that bug anyone? Realistically, I think if you are a first team AA you are taking you chances in the NFL Draft.

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'd say maybe a 1st team AA that is also a 85+ overall?

21. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I think for the MAC this should work well.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I was going to say an 85 overall minimum for our Big East plans.. I would say 80 for MAC.

23. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

The All American list doesn't come out till the preseason though?

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  25. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Long day gimme a break