S1/BW

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Congrats to fuzzy on the OT CCG win! Looking forward to the story.

aarondramp
    Philstyle3005
    BPHusker
    hornfaninbama
    Kapono
    Steamer43
    dj illmatic 23
    sreese
    -Cougars-
    fuzzyl0gic

Sreese and BP are the only teams that don't have a game this week.... :)

I will likely wait til all the games are played, then advance to end of season (not te first step of offseason) so everyone can update their team pages accordingly. I will probably keep it at that point until 8pm Monday for offseason.

2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Congratulations Fuzzy.

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Aztecs Close Out the Season With Victory in a Shootout
    San Diego St. ( dj illmatic 23 )- 34
    at
    #23 Tulsa ( CPU )- 28
    The San Diego St. Aztecs capped off their season with a win in the Liberty Bowl against #23 Tulsa 34-28. The Aztecs took the opening kick-off and marched down the field, capping it off with a 32 yard TD pass from QB Ryan Katz to WR Osmand Nicholas. In what would be the theme for the day, Tulsa answered right back when QB Cody Green ran for a 32 yard TD. The Aztecs would close the first quarter out with a TD to TE Bryce Quigley from 13 yards out. In this back and forth game, Tulsa would answer back when Cody Green connected with WR Ricky Johnson for a 3 yard TD. The Aztecs would not be out done, and took the lead right before the half when Katz found Nicholas for his second TD of the day from 3 yards out.
    Both teams would continue to move up and down the field in the second half. An interception by Aztec CB Leon McFadden set up a FG for SDSU and a ten point lead. Tulsa would strike back when Green found Johnson again, this time from 21 yards out. The Tulsa defense would force a fumble by Ryan Katz. This would set them up to take their first lead of the game on the last play of the third quarter when Cody Green scored his second rushing TD. This gave Tulsa a 28-24 lead going into the fourth. SDSU would retake the lead for good on the second play of the fourth when Katz found WR Colin Lockett for a 73 yard TD pass. The Aztecs would tack on another FG, but they left Tulsa with around 40 seconds to go. However, FS Nat Behre intercepted Cody Green's first pass of the drive. With the win, the Aztecs finish the season 9-4.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    SDSU QB Ryan Katz
    17-21/ 221 yards/ 4 TD's
    Defensive Player of the Game
    SDSU FS Nat Behre
    4 tackles/ 1 int

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Thanks man. I'll be playing my bowl game at some point tonight.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Air Force Tops Maryland 26-22 in New Mexico Bowl

Fast forward to the 4th quarter, Air Force is up 15-19 as Maryland is marching down the field. Play after play, the Terps get just enough time to find an open receiver, or just barely get a foot in on throws to the sideline- regardless, great plays all the way down the field until the Falcons choke them into a 3rd and long. Terps QB CJ Brown dropped back with the nickel corner coming off the edge; the QB makes a great play stepping up in the pocket to avoid the sack and slings the ball to the endzone with his receiver Marcus Leak and an AF defender right there with him. The Maryland receiver makes an absolutely phenomenal catch (couldn't get it to save) and the Terps take the lead.

Boy did AF senior QB Connor Dietz rise to the challenge- marching down the field, making great throw after great throw and calling a nice triple option from time to time to keep the Terps off balance (all three timeouts on this drive helped big time). The Falcons found themselves hurrying up to the line from 1 yard out, with the click ticking and under 10 seconds left. 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 and Dietz gets the snap and gives it to senior Cody Getz who dashes around the edge for the go ahead score with 2 seconds left.

Was a hell of a finish and I tried to sum it up best I could a couple days after it happened. Was a really fun game to end the season on- and next year should be really interesting as I shouldn't miss any time and hopefully remember not to punt my XP's..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Make sure we get these summaries!

7. sreese

sreese Walk On

who are we waiting on?

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Rutgers Knocks Off NC State
    Glendale, AZ- Rutgers new coach was able to lead them to a win in his first game as head coach knocking off th #5 NC State Wolfpack 27-20. Rutgers broke out a new spread option offense that allowed star RB Jawan Jamison to carry 29 times for 203 yards and 2 TD. Gary Nova carries 15 ones for 44 yards including a beautiful option keeper for a long gain before being chased down from behind. "I really liked what I saw from our offense today, and I am really glad most of those guys will be back. We should have an explosive offense next season." Nova managed the game well throwing 9-11 for 135 yards and 1 TD.

The Scarlet Knights were perfect on 3rd down stopping the Wolfpack on all 6 of their attempts. And held the Heisman trophy winning James Washington to 38 yards on 11 carries.

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Navy gets a bowl win over Miami. The Midshipmen came off of a big loss in the conference championship which will sting forever. But they got over it to beat a very solid Miami team 37-28. Miller threw the ball good as usual and Gee Gee Greene racked up 100+ yards on the ground and we were proud of this Navy squad. They got over a terrible loss against Notre Dame and finished the season 11-3.

10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Houston 35
    UVA 25

In the battle of the Belk Bowl, the Houston Cougars edge out Virginia 35-25. It was back and forth throughout the game until the Cougars scored back to back touchdowns in the 4th to give themselves a 35-18 lead with just over 3 minutes to go. Virginia would score one last touchdown with 36 seconds left to make the score a little closer. Charles Sims was easily the MVP of this one for the Cougars scoring 3 touchdowns on the day on the ground, and catching another pass for a touchdown. He also had 117 yards rushing. Bram Kohlahausen struggled in this one, and was injured a few times. He was just 5/16 through the air for 54 yards, a touchdown and 1 interception. David Pilland threw for 168 yards but did throw 1 interception as well. The Cougars end the season at 9-3 and should stay in the top 25, and possibly move up into the top 20 with the bowl win. Something to build on for next season.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nice effort on the summaries you lazy bums..lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Lol I'm typing from an iPhone. It doesn't let me do formatting and all that.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

you have an excuse I forgot-- get off your ass -Cougars-

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol, I don't put effort into computer summaries.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

clearly...

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

You'll see good ass summaries when I play users though or if the game was a big one.

17. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Ugh this is awful; been sacked 7 times so far in the first half. I don't get it, its been turrible all season long, I don't have this problem in my other OD.

18. sreese

sreese Walk On

Is it that game where no matter what you do it goes against you? I have seen that a couple of times lately against cpu. Its frustrating to say the least.

19. Steamer43

The CPU has sacked me at least 5 times every game this season. I'm winning now though. Neither defense can make a stop after those sacks. 44-35 I've never had a game like this on '13.

20. Steamer43

Fresno State Tops ECU In 52-35 Beef O' Brady's Bowl Shootout

[​IMG]

ECU had no answer for RS Sophomore wide receiver Josh Harper. Harper had racked up 128 yards on 7 catches and then added touchdown receptions of 78 and 67 yards to total 9 receptions for 273 yards and 3 TDs. Despite being sacked 9 times, quarterback Derek Carr dominated through the air, going 19-24 for 394 yards and 4 TDs. ECU matched the Bulldogs for 3 quarters, with quarterback Rio Johnson completing 25-of-32 passes for 420 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Pirates led 35-31 late in the 3rd quarter, but 2 60+ touchdown passes to Harper and a 78 yard interception return by Beou Fryer gave the Bulldogs an insurmountable lead. The bowl win gives the 'Dogs an 8-5 record to finish the season.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself