S1 CCG

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 25, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    Owl Defense Picks Off Terrance Owens Five Times in Re-match
    The Temple DC reviewed tape all week on the Toledo Offense, and devised a strategy that seemed to work well for his unit in the MAC CCG. On Toledo's first drive, Owens tossed an INT to Temple's LE Morkeith Brown who was in zone coverage; Brown ran the INT back for a an early pick six to put his team up 7-0. Toledo was forced to punt, and Temple responded with a FG. The Owls made their second INT of the game, and Stewart hit the TE Evan Rodriguez on a PA. Rodriguez made the catch, and evaded defenders for a 79 yard TD reception. 17-0 Owls. Toledo finally gets on the board with a 50 yard TD pass to their HB Adonis Thomas.​
    Toledo kicked a FG to tighten up the game early in the second 10-17. Temple turned the ball over on their next drive, and Toledo looked poised to score again. With 4 yards to go for a TD, Owens went pass to back to pass, but tossed an INT to CB Zamel Johnson sitting in the flats. Johnson sprinted all the way down the field for a 96 yard TD. 24-10 Temple. The Owls put 10 more points up before the half, making it a 34-10 lead. Toledo made a splash right before the half, returning a kick for a 98 yard TD. They went for 2 but couldn't get it. 34-16 Owls.​
    Both teams traded 10 points in the third, making it a 44-26 Temple lead going into the fourth. Bernard Pierce ran in a 5 yard TD to give his team a 51-26 lead. Toledo went out with a bang, with a 76 yard TD pass to WR Eric Page. Temple got a first down and then proceeded to take a victory kneel. The Owls defeat the #4 team in the nation, and clinch the first annual MAC CCG. Great game Kapono, this is going to be an intense rivalry.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Your scheme did work, but I believe I was 3/3 on HB screen plays for about 120 yards and 2 TD's, so I'll keep that in mind. Not sure if we play next year or not, but it'd be a good rivalry if we were in the same division.

3. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Uh oh... Looks like the Ball State defense laid the blueprint. :D

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Ball State has a defense?

5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

They actually showed up against Toledo... Lol

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'd say the Ball State defense was having the ball for 24 or the 32 minutes in the game :).