(S1)Conference Mash-Up!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

(S1)Conference Mash-Up!

[​IMG]

Conference Mash-Up Results
    Conference Won Loss
    Big East 2 1
    Big Ten 3 0
    Pac 10 0 3
    Mountain West 1 2

Conference Team Won Loss Streak
    Big East
    Pitt 1 0 W1
    USF 0 1 L1
    Cincinnati 1 0 W1
    Big Ten
    Michigan
    Penn St 2 0 W2
    Nebraska 1 0 W1
    Pac 10
    Stanford 0 2 L2
    Washington St 0 1 L1
    Mountain West
    Boise St
    TCU 0 1 L1
    Nevada 1 1 L1

Big Ten Vs. Pac 10
    Match-Up Winner/Score
    Nebraska@Stanford Nebraska 31-24
    Michigan@Oregon Michigan 37-31
    Washington St@Penn St Penn St 23-7
    Washington St@Michigan TBD
    Penn St@Stanford Penn State 12-10

Big East Vs. Mountain West
    Match-Up Winner/Score
    Nevada@USF Nevada 36-24
    Cincinnati@TCU Cincinnati 31-24
    Pitt@Nevada Pitt 34-21
    Cincinnati@Boise St TBD
    Boise St@USF TBD
    TCU@Pitt TBD

2. Bulldog

Week 1 Conference Mash-up Preview!
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

The Cornhuskers look forward to playing Stanford at home this week but don't write off this Stanford team just yet. They are a good bunch of guys looking forward to challenging this highly talented Nebraska team. This game will certainly be exciting and should be a close game.

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

One of our most anticipated match-ups this week is Nevada at USF. It is most certainly going to be very interesting and should provide some excitement throughout the entire game.

Nevada is looking like a strong competitor for MWC championship game as they are stacked with talent on the offensive side of the ball but one of their weaknesses is their defense. When we asked coach SodaAddict about what he looks forward to seeing out of his offense this season this is what he had to say, "I'm looking forward to taking over at Nevada this year. I am looking forward to seeing what Colin Kaepernick can do this year and I think he is one of the best quarterbacks in all of college football. This program has a ton of potential and everyone can see it. We have a natural tie to a strong high school football state in California and we look forward to working our recruiting magic on that state, in addition to the strong talent that can be found in our own state of Nevada." This Nevada team definitely does not lack talent on the Offensive side of the ball

Recently the NCAA decided to move Nevada to the Mountain West Conference when we asked Coach SodaAddict about how he feels about the NCAA's decision to move Nevada to the MWC this is what he had to say, "Additionally, our move to the MWC is going to reap some huge benefits for our program as we will be welcoming in the likes of Utah, Boise State, BYU, and TCU on an annual basis. As everyone knows, we will be taking on USF in our first week and we think this is a big opportunity for Nevada to prove our relevance in the national landscape. USF has made waves the last few years and we believe that we are just as capable of doing so in 2010 and onward. The MWC is a legitimate power conference, and the Wolf Pack is one of the major players."

We expect a close scoring game with lots of big plays in the air and on the ground. If USF can stop the powerful ground game Nevada will present them with then they should come out on top.

When we asked coach The Richuation what he was looking to do with his team on Saturday he said, "i plead the 5th." LOL​

3. Bulldog

Week 2 Conference Mash-up Preview!

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

With the Nittany Lions coming off of impressive Week 1 win and the Cougars losing, they are getting ready for their week 2 match up in University Park. This will be a tough Game for Coach gowazzucougs as they are going up against one of the most storied programs in college football headed by Coach IIx Nautica xII. While Penn St heavily outmatches Washington St, Coach IIx Nautica xII said "We need to remain focused and play mistake free football. Washington St is a very opportunistic team and will make you pay for your mistakes." Should be a very interesting game and will have fans at University Park on their toes till the final whistle.

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

This week is full of great match-ups, one of the most anticipated is Michigan vs. Oregon as they both come into this weeks game with Week 1 wins.

When we asked Michigan coach smlVICTORIES53 what he thought about this weeks game this is what he had to say, "Michigan is looking to get Denard going early in this game. He is the focal point of this offense. If we can get him involved in the running game it will make the passing game that much easier for him. Oregon has a ton of talent on offense. Our defense has a tall order trying to slow down James and Barner. They have a good coach who can get his guys up for a game. Should be a good tough fought game." Michigan will definitely want to get Denard Robinson heavily involved in this game, without Robinson the Wolverines are walking dead men.

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

This weeks first Mountain West vs Big East mash-up features Cincinnati and TCU as they look to have a good close game at Amon G. Carter Stadium(TCU home field).

When we asked coach Timpegoose how he felt about this weeks upcoming game this is what he had to say, "I'm looking forward to the matchup with TCU in week 2, it will be a good chance to test the team and hopefully pick up a key win early in the season. This game could set the tone for the rest of the season for the Bearcats. TCU should provide a tough challenge for us, they have an extremely talented defense and Andy Dalton will be difficult to stop as well. What I'm looking for from my team is a way to establish the run. Running out of the spread can be tricky at times, but if we can establish the run I feel like it will open up big plays for my receivers."

When we asked coach ShiBDiB how he felt about this weeks game and how he planned on winning this is what he had to say, "We are definitely looking to exploit their weak secondary with our QB Andy Dalton. Our main concern on defense is getting pressure on Zach Collaros, we'll be using an assortment of blitz packages to challenge his mediocre offensive line. Think the games gonna hinge on which side can control the other teams passing attack, and should definitely be a high scoring affair."

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

Possibly the most anticipated match-up this week is the Pitt vs Nevada game. Both teams are coming off of huge week 1 wins and look to control the game with their strong rushing attack. It's gonna be a close game with hard fought battles in the trenches but it defiantly will be a good one.

When we asked coach SodaAddict what he thought about this weeks game this is what he had to say, "I am proud of these young men for really showing some real toughness in pulling out the win against USF last week. But, like I told them after the game, we can't celebrate just yet. We have to go up against our second consecutive Big East opponent and Pittsburgh looks to be even more of a test on paper. The key to this week's match-up will be to keep the Panthers' offense in check. We know they will be ready for this one and to win we are going to have to take advantage of all the opportunities that we are given. I'm confident that we can take this one and I can't wait to welcome coach Bud and his fine group of young gentlemen to our field. "

When we asked coach xUGAx Bud Light this is what he had to say, "Im really looking forward to this game. Coach SodaAddict and his good Nevada team will defiantly be one of our biggest tests this year. We look to utilize the run game with Dion Lewis and control the clock. If our defense can step it up we should have no problem limping away with the win. The key to our game-plan is stopping the rushing attack and utilizing on any turnovers. We know coach SodaAddict is ready for this one and we can't wait to challenge him and his Nevada team this week."​

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The Cougs did not win, we lost 35-32

5. Bulldog

bumping

6. Bulldog

i see that ok i will change the story around, just assumed you would win

7. Bulldog

he guys could you for now on please send me your preview before your games that week so i could do a nice write up like i did for SodaAddict(Nevada) in week 1

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

He's washington state lol

9. gowazzucougs

I should have won that fucking game, no team would run the ball down the field with 1:16 to go in the game, if they were losing

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Michigan would!, but i know its sucks to lose a game that way

11. Bulldog

everyone please get their week 3 comments to me ASAP.....try and make them out like mine and SodaAddicts in week 2 PITT vs NEVADA.

thanks

12. Bulldog

Week 3 Conference Mash-up Preview!

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

This week in our MWC vs Big East match-up we have Cincinnati at Boise State, two very fun schools to watch battle it out. While the critics have Boise winning by more than 4.5 points Cincinnati looks to prove them wrong. Cincy is looking to avoid its first loss of the season but Boise State isn't just gonna bow down, they will definitely have to earn this one. Boise State is trying to avoid going 0-2 and hope to pull off their first win this weekend in Bronco Stadium (a.k.a. "The Blue"). Now we are going to ask the coaches how they feel about this weeks game.

When we asked Boise States coach ZCar352 how he felt about this weeks game this is what he had to say, "Well after that tough last minute loss to Texas we get the Cincinnati Bearcats at home I am looking forward to seeing how our guys respond after a tough loss like that and hopefully they will respond well. I can't say enough about Kellen Moore's play last week he was outstanding but we aren't the only team this coming Saturday with a good QB, that Collaros kid is pretty good as well. The thing we have worked on in practice this week is pass defense we got torched threw the air last week so I'm looking forward to seeing how that has progressed. All in all this is gonna be a great match up this weekend between us and Cincy I just hope this week we are on the winning end. "

When we asked Cincinnati coach Timpegoose how he felt about this weeks game this is what he had to say,"After our emotional win against TCU last week I am curious to see how the guys come out and handle another tough test. The defense has to come out ready to play, otherwise Kellen Moore will pick us apart, and I'm not sure our offense can hang with them. A main goal for the game is to get the running game going a lot better than it did against TCU, where we only ran for 13 yards, which should open up the passing game for Collaros who proved he is capable of leading this offense."

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

This week in our Pac 10 vs Big Ten match-up we have Washington State traveling to Michigan. This is definitely one of the most anticipated games of the week as both teams hope to earn a win between the trenches. Michigan hopes to remain undefeated and go 3-0 for the season but they will have their work cut out for them as Washington State still looks like a pretty good team even though they are 0-2 for the season. Now we are going to ask the coaches how they feel about this weeks game.

When we asked Michigan's coach smlVICTORIES53 how he felt about this weeks game this is what he had to say, "My boys are ready to go against Washington State. We had a hard fought game with Oregon last week and we learned alot about our team. We have alot of young guys on the field right now but they are getting better every week. We have a guy back at QB that is a phenomenal athlete. Our whole team feeds off his energy. Wazzu is no cupcake and we are definitely not over looking them. They play some tough defense. For us to win this one the defense has to bring pressure and force their QB to make mistakes. He's shown he'll make some mistakes we just have to capitalize on them. With 100,000+ fans decked out in blue and maize making noise we should be able to cause some problems. Looking forward to this one. "

When we asked Washington States coach gowazzucougs how he felt about this weeks game this is what he had to say,"After lasts week's game, WSU QB Jeff Tuel must play better if the Cougs expect to beat Michigan. Five interceptions is way too many. In reviewing the game, Tuel tried too many times to make the big play down the field instead of trying to drive the ball down the field. As for the defensive side of the ball, the defense could not have played any better, only giving up16 points to Penn State offense, holding the explosive Nittany Lions offense to three field goals in the first half was quite impressive. The defense also created turnovers by intercepting two PSU passes. I expect to see a similar type performance from the defense as it tries to contain Michigan QB Denard Robinson."

13. Bulldog

ok week 3 is finalized everyone let me know what you think

also the very 1st post is updated

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Sorry for the late response UGA. Nice job on the write up though.

I'm expecting a shootout in the Boise State/Cincinnati game. Hopefully I can get out to a little bit of a quicker start than I did last week though.

The WSU/Michigan game I think will be the exact opposite. I think Denard will get slowed down a little bit running the ball, but Wazzu will have to not turn the ball over to win

15. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

love these writeups, wonder is WSU can stop Robinson.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Same here, I get the opportunity to try to stop him in a week.

17. shibdib

Ya I've still yet to give up a 100 yard rusher on defense. If I could throw the ball in UvU games to my own team then i woulda won that

18. Bulldog

its all good man i understand family 1st

19. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

good job on this

20. gowazzucougs

WSU was able to contain Denard for the most part, Denard had 1 big run which was more my fault than Denard. As for Tuel he played well for the two series he was in the game, leading the Cougs to a touchdown on the opening drive, on the second drive he was injured, out for four weeks. SmlVICTORIES53 or I will be doing a write up on this game, after reading the write up you will know why I believe if my team didn't have bad luck it would not have any luck at all.

21. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Who is suppose to do a write up? Winner?

22. shibdib

23. gowazzucougs

I did a write up on our game, if you want to add anything, you can, I wrote it from the Cougs perspective

24. Bulldog

actually i think Shibdib is supposed to, nautica just hasn't told him yet lol

25. shibdib

Im supposed to do a post game thing for here, but i honestly dont see the need if the players already have to do a game summary. Im trying to think of something else I could do.