S1 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Papa Perry, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Post them here guys.

2. RobbyB34

RobbyB34 Walk On

Week 1

UGA vs Texas A & M

UGA won. Only because of my offense. Murray was on fire and so was Todd Gurley. My defense sucks. I gave up over 500 yards. 300 through the air and 200 on the ground.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Season 1 Week 1

Northwestern - Not good California - Better

Well game 1 is in the books. Northwestern off to an embarrassing start. Cane Kolter got benched after putting up horrid pass numbers that included 2 deadly interceptions in the first quarter putting his team behind the eight ball.

The defense did all they could, but with field position from the turnovers proving too much, Northwestern was already losing by 14 at half time. Cal hit a number of big plays to get then their touchdowns and were able to hold off as Northwestern was just god awful on offense.

Not the start the Kats were looking for. Back to the drawing board as their best player was anything but and watched from the bench for 80% of the game. At one point in the 3rd, it was a one score game, but Cal hit a long pass for a TD that put the game out of reach. The whole 4th was a game of catch up, which led to even more errant throws and more interceptions. Not s good display from anyone involved.....

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Week 1

Arkansas beats up on Kentucky at their place.

Arkansas 48 Kentucky 17
    Ark

[​IMG] UK
    1ST DOWNS 16 12
    3rd down conversions 6/11 5/13
    4th down conversions 0/0 0/0
    Total Offense 363 280
    Passing Yards 135 273
    Completions/Attempts 12/21 23/38
    Yards Per Attempt 6.4 7.2
    Rushing Yards 228 7
    Rushing Attempts 36 16
    Yards Per Rush 6.3 0.4
    Penalties-Yards 0-0 2-8
    Turnovers 1 3

Arkansas did a great job of running the ball and controlling the clock. They played solid defense and held UK under 300 yards.

Brandon Allen did a good job of managing the game and keeping the chains moving. He completed 12-20 60% for 135yards and 1 TD

Johnathan Williams was the player of the game with 11 att for 120 yards and 2 TD's

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  5. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

#1 Alabama downed by Louisville- Tuscaloosa, Alabama

With all the hype to start the season circling around the two starting qbs from this game, the focus of the game was stolen away by Louisville rb Dominique Brown's 251 yards on 25 carries. The Tide defense had no answer all game for his as he scored on runs of 2, 31, and 48. The defense was able to hold Alabama's offense in chechk just enough to seal the deal as Lb Brown came up with a huge Pick at the 5 with 2 minutes to go.

UL

Bama

1ST DOWNS 13 19
    3rd down conversions 5/9 9/12
    4th down conversions 0/0 0/1
    Total Offense 379 388
    Passing Yards 141 217
    Completions/Attempts 7/7 16/29
    Yards Per Attempt 20.1 7.5
    Rushing Yards 238 171
    Rushing Attempts 35 29
    Yards Per Rush 6.8 5.9
    Penalties-Yards 0-0 0-0
    Turnovers 0 2
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    Interceptions Thrown 0 2
    Possession Time 15:04 16:56

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 1

#21 Nebraska 35 - Wyoming 31

Wyoming is a beast of a team apparently. After taking a 14-0 lead by raping the Husker defense on read options right up their assholes (without even a gratuitous hair pull) and a stifling defense where Abdullah and Martinez were run down time and time again for a loss by backside players. Eventually the Huskers got lucky, forced a couple of turnovers, and eventually regained the lead after being forced to turn Taylor Martinez into a passing quarterback, which is a terrifying thought. Eventually Nebraska did enough to turn around and punch their assailant in the mouth. Post game Coach Jman simply stated "I don't think we'll walk right for a week".

POTG:

Taylor Martinez - 21/37 for 384 yards with 2TD/3INT, 12 carries for 24 yards

• Like Like x 1
  7. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

[​IMG]
    Duke Johnson
    Halfback | Speed
    [​IMG]
    Home East Bradenton, FL
    Height 5-9
    Weight 194
    Year Sophomore

Player of the game. 20 rushes 103 yards 1 td

Miami 41
    Fla Atlantic 24

The U's home opener almost turned into a nightmare. The U found themselves down 14-0 after 1 and 17-6 at the half. A sold out Miami stadium booed the Canes as they went into the locker room. Missing wide open receivers, broken tackles left both coordinators shaking their heads in dismay and something had to give. Well the 3rd QTR wasn't much difference as once again the teams scored once each and at the end of the 3rd it was 24-13 for the visiting small school team. The 4th QTR belonged to the U. They just came out and dominated as they outscored their FLA counterparts 28-0 to break open a close game. Coach GMONEY had this to say after the game in his post game comments to the Media.

"Sup B.....Our team came out and played like sh$t. We need to get our head out of our as%e%. Our QB missed wide open receivers. Our defensive players need to wrap their dam hands and make a DAM tackle. Our D made their running back look like a poor mans Walter Payton. Unbelievable. I am glad we have a BYE week coming up this week. We will be in full pads and will have 7 on 7 full scrimmages this week and my defense better get it right or else some underclassmen will be playing in week 3 when we have to travel to Death Valley to take on #7 Clemson. Right now this team doesn't deserved to be ranked. I won't field any questions. Thanks for coming out, god bless and good night."

[​IMG] FAU
    [​IMG] MIAMI
    1ST DOWNS 10 17
    3rd down conversions 2/9 7/13
    4th down conversions 0/1 0/1
    TOTAL OFFENSE 190 348
    PASSING YARDS 130 191
    Completions/Attempts 13/21 12/21
    Yards Per Attempt 6.2 9.1
    RUSHING YARDS 60 157
    Rushing Attempts 26 44
    Yards Per Rush 2.3 3.6

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I posted this in the Wire as well......

Survive and advance. A fitting motto after week 1. Not so though for Venric Mark. The stud RB and best offensive player is out for the season due to injury. On a plus, he was very productive on the 4 touches he had.

This game was a bit like Christmas come early. Lots of gifts given away by both teams. The game started off with Northwestern scoring a TD on their opening drive thanks to some pretty poor tackling by FSU. Then the first turnover of the game came when FSU threw a interception. That led to Northwesterns second TD and a early 14-0 lead for the visitors.

From that point on, it was all Seminoles. They scored the next 17 points through the second and third quarters. Sandwiched between was 5 interceptions thrown by Northwestern, and another 3 by FSU. The game finally ******* crucial point when the Northwestern D forced a stop in the 4th. From there the visiting offense found enough rhythm to muster up 1 last TD on a Kyle Prater catch where size mattered.

With 2 minutes left, FSU had a chance to tie or take the lead. But instead, they threw a pick and gave Northwestern the ball back with 1:30 left on the clock. In a attempt to run clock, Northwestern managed 1 first down on a gutsy PA pass. The FSU defense still stepped up though and forced a punt. The punt was ******, but for a advantage actually after FSU recovers the ball. 28 seconds on the clock and FSU was at the 50, here goes nothing. 1st down, incomplete, 2nd down, incomplete, 3rd down, incomplete. 4th down, and a bullet pass finds its target at the 30, but luckily for Northwestern, the FSU player stumbled on his teammate slowing him down for the tackle to be made with 2 seconds left.

No huddle, and FSU has one last play. It all happened so fast, but a out pattern was thrown and the defense saved the day as the cornerback was able to step in front of the play.

Player of the game for Northwestern had to be their defense. They kept them in the game while Cain Kolter was throwing out Christmas gifts.

Great effing game Florida St. We'll done!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

My highlight was the punt that died at the 1 foot line. GG

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Week 1
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    VT- 41
    PSU- 17

Penn State recieved the ball first and drove down the field effortlessly as true Freshman QB Christian Hackenberg looked like a seasoned vet. The Nittany Lions did have to settle for a FG, but proved to the Hokies that they would not be taken lightly. Va Tech would go on to turn the ball over on their next to drives, but PSU was unable to capitalize and the Hokies took advantage as their offesne began to click. The Hokies would go on to score 34 unanswered points. Va Tech's defense was sparked by a pick 6 from MLB Jack Tyler. The defense would play lights out after the initail Penn state drive. The Nittany Lions failed to convert a 3rd down on the day 0-9, were held to 11 yards on the ground, forced 3 turnovers, and recording 3 sacks.

gg Papa Perry

VT
    Logan Thomas 15/20 167yds 2TD 1INT
    JC Coleman 179yds 2 TD on 28 carries

PSU
    Christian Hackenburg 19/40 267yds 1TD 3INT

11. GMONEY 15

Week 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miami 34
    Arkansas 3

Miami opens their season with a 34-3 win against Arkansas in the kickoff classic. Miami was the road team in this one as it was played in Dallas Texas. The U had the ball first and the Hogs stopped them cold and forced a punt. At the end of the 1st QTR, The Hogs led 3-0 . On the first play of the 2nd QTR, Duke Johnson ran up the gut from 6 yards out to make it a 7-3 Cane lead. Then with 3 seconds left in the first half, Morris found Garrett Kidd from 11 yards out and the Canes led 14-3 at the half.

The U forced a Hogs pic on the first drive of the 2nd half. Arkansas defense stepped up and forced the Canes to kick a 21 yard FG and the U led 17-3. Then 20 seconds later Brandon Mitchell was picked off and returned for a TD by Ladarius Gunter from 41 yards out. That was the back breaker as it extended the Canes lead to 24-3. Then late in the 3rd QTR, Eduardo Clements ran it in form 8 yards out to make it a 31-3 game at the end of the 3rd QTR. Ricky Carroll kicked his 2 fg of the game. This time from 22 yards out to complete the scoring and the Canes win 34-3.

The Canes stay on the road as next week they travel to Provo Utah to take on the BYU Cougars and their great passing attack led by Sr Jason Munns.

CRAZY NOTE: Not one person recorded a QB sack in this game.

gg charter04 Always enjoy playing our smash mouth style of football. GLTROTS bro.

ARK

Brandon Mitchell 9/20/74/ 5 int
    Jonathan Williams 9 rushes 49 yards
    McKale McKay 4 rec 43 yards

MIA

Stephen Morris 9/11/142/1td
    Duke Johnson 23 rushes 92 yards 1td Definitely not a the bigg dawgg :rolleyes: Hokie Effect :rolleyes: type of running game. ;)
    Garrett Kidd 3 rec 42 yards 1 td
    Tracy ( Don't call me Dwight ) Howard 2 int

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Good game dude. Those Int's just killed me. Your DB's were in beast mode

13. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 1 - Part Deux

#21 Nebraska 28 - #8 South Carolina 10

Coach Jman had one GIGANTIC ass point of emphasis for his team this week, "Well, I told them we're going to run the fuck away from Clowney all day and probably use his anger and aggression at that to hit him for a couple of big screens". That pretty much went off without a hitch as Clowney accounted for only 3 tackles on the day and just one TFL when he tried to eat Nebraska HB Abdullah whole, "Thank God for Abdulla he (Clowney) doesn't have a dislocatable jaw or we'd be Abdullah-less, and then who the hell would I tell my shitty madulla oblongata jokes to?" stated Coach Jman in the post game presser. The modus operandi for the Huskers was simple, force a couple of punts early and string a couple of long drives together with early emphasis on keeping the athletic Gamecock D as honest as they could. With 17 passes and 29 runs on the day that was a mission accomplished. The Gamecocks lone score came on an end of half drive that included a 4th and inches conversion on a QB sneak followed by two BEAUTIFUL bombs downfield while the user controlled FS ran in a sweet little 360 degree circle. All in all, it came down to one teams drives not stalling out and another just falling victim to some ill timed sacks.

KEY POINTS:

Time of Possession: Nebraska 18:54 - SC 13:06
    First Downs - Nebraska 13 - SC 8
    Total Yards - Nebraska 348 - SC 185
    3rd Down - Nebraska 7/9 - SC 3/9
    Times Sacked - Nebraska 0 - SC 7

POTG:

Taylor Martinez - 13/17 for 217 yards with 2TD, 4 carries for 53 yards

• Like Like x 3
  14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Week 2 of the inaugural season here had me hosting them Dawgs. UGA traveled north to Evanston.

Northwestern vs Georgia

The night game was a wet one. Rain soaked all that made it out. Just about a sell out on hand. UGA for the ball first but was forced to punt. Northwestern on their first possession drove the ball down but was held to a FG. Problem was, the 16 yard FG hit the post and bounced out. That was countered by a nice UGA drive that led them to a FG of their own.

The game was a defensive battle for the most part. The senior RB for Northwestern was easily the teams best player, while the defense played perfectly as a unit. Work hard and your destined to get a bounce or two. That was the case as Aaron Murray missed a couple of key balls. Most glaring was a horrible overthrow when Northwestern sent a blitz and Georgia's slot WR was wide open.

And back and forth affair, and it came down to the last drive of the game with NU needing to run clock. A quick pass to the FB was a large gain to put the game out of sight.

A fantastic effort from both teams and RobbyB34 won't lose many if he plays like that. Then again, Aaron needs to come through for him better than he did vs Northwestern.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

• Like Like x 1
  16. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Hey don't overexert yourself there with s summary!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I pulled a hamstring doing that summary.

• Like Like x 2
  18. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I posted this on the wire. I suggest checking the Wire for highlights to the story.

Well. It was something that's never been seen before. Heck, it was never even thought of just as recent as a couple years ago. The thought of the bottom feeding Northwestern Wildcats hosting a game between two top five ranked teams. Winner owns the division. Who would have ever imagined. And with a sudden change in coaching staff as well. But, here we are, and it was a classic in classic Midwest weather.

Game stared slow, and stayed that way for the majority. Kain Colter had a nice drive going, but threw an interception. Oddly, Nebraska's first possession had the exact same outcome. Nice drive, finished off by an interception. A bit of back and fourth took place until Nebraska was able to get on the board with a FG. That's when Northwestern responded with 61 yd TD pass.

For the rest of the first half, the game stayed a slugfest. Nebraska's D had the NU offense under control, while the Nebraska offense had everything under control. Run left, run right, run middle, pass left, right, and middle. Unfortunately they just couldn't put the ball in the endzone, and had to settle for a couple FGs.

Fast forward to the middle of the 4th quarter. Game as tight and tense as ever, Nebraska leading after finally putting it in the endzone. NU puts together a very good drive and caps it off with this TD pass from Kain after escaping the ************ all setting up nicely for Nebraska. All they need to do is control the ball and score a TD, something they were clearly able to do based on the way the game shaped up. And that's what happened. Nebraska is driving. Controlling the tempo, and moving the ball. It was 3rd down when NU sold out to stop a run and force a 4th and 2. On the 4th and 2 play, Taylor Martinez keeps the ball on an option read and has nothing but daylight. Or so he thought. He ******** unexpectedly from the side, and coughs the ball up. YIKES!

There was still hope though. Nebraska used all their timeouts, and forced NU into a 3rd and 12. Coach Jerome knowing his defense was incredibly tired, knew he couldn't put this game in their hands at that moment. So he went for the first. And the moment of the match came from this. A great read, very good safe throw, and a spectacular catch to seal the win. BUT WAIT, was it a catch???? Ohhh my controversy, the call was not replayed in the booth. Strange? Coach Jman wasn't allowed to challenge the play, even stranger? A unjust way for the Corhuskers to have to leave Ryan Field.

After the game, coach Jerome was very bashful. He knew, he said, "thats no catch, thats a job done on Nebraska. Its unfortunate, Ill say that. But it is history for our school, just some sour history"

Coach Jman was not made available to the media for comment, although I imagine he was fuming as he should have been.

Fantastic game Jman. As usual!

19. GMONEY 15

Week 11

#24 Virginia Tech 24
    #13 Miami 27

[​IMG] at [​IMG]

This game lived up to the HYPE. The Hokies came into this game #1 in passing in the Nation. Well Va Tech had the ball first and they drove right down the field like Miami was the fuc%^$g scout team in practice. Running with ease and then their Beast JC Coleman bullied in from a yard out to give the Hokies a 7-3 lead. Miami would drive down field but the 99 overall Va Tech D stopped them and the U had to settle for a Ricky Carroll 29 yard FG as the Caned cut the Hokie lead to 7-3. The Hokies would score on the first play of the 2nd QTR as that Coleman fella again ran over a DT from a yard out to give the Hokies a 14-3 lead and the South Beach crowd was pretty dam quiet. The Canes marched down field and Stephen Morris found Garrett Kidd from 25 yards out to cut the Hokie lead to 14-10. Then the Canes play a little D and forced a punt. Right before halftime Duke Johnson scored from 3 yards out to give the Canes a 17-14 lead at the break.

Run DMC and Aerosmith performed walk this way at the halftime show. :cool:

The 3rd QTR saw both defenses step up to the plate. The Hokies forced a bad read by Morris into the open hands of All ACC SR MLB Jack Tyler and the Hokies were in business. The Caned defense forced a punt and the next possession the Canes would answer. Facing a 4th and 1 from the Hokies 10 yard line it was decision time for Coach GMONEY. He decided to go for it and Johnson scored his 2nd TD of the game over left tackle from 10 yards out to make it a 24-14 Miami lead. The Hokies would come right back with a FG to but the Canes lead to 24-17 and that's how the 3rd QTR would end. The 99 defense of Va Tech would force another Miami punt and then they drove down field to tie the game as Logan Thomas found Demitri Knowles wide the f%^K open from 16 yards out to know the game at 24. Then the Caned would drive down the field mixing in the run and the short passing game and with 23 ticks left in the game, Carroll would drill a 37 yard FG to give the Canes a 27-24 lead. Then 4 plays later, Thomas made his only mistake of the game as he forced a pass across the middle. JR CB Ladarius Gunter picked off the errant Thomas pass and just fell to the ground. A Morris kneel down would end the game as the Canes win a wild one 27-24.

Players of the game.

Va Tech..........The CPU said JC Coleman. F that. It was their TE Mr. Ryan Malleck. He hauled in 5 passes for 111 yards. He made my LB's look like they were still in High School.

Miami.......Duke Johnson 19 rushes 112 yards and 2 td's.

This was a game of runs. gg always Hokie Effect I hope to get some studs at LB and be ready for Malleck when we visit Lane stadium next season.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Lost the perfect season tonight...... Lost it on a last second FG.

Phrase of the day. I scored too soon. Lol, as soon as I scored, I yelled....Nooooo

Gg Gravity, I'll see you in the championship.

21. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

Well in a game I initially had to restart because apparently my profile was signed in on another console and had to leave and go change my password...AWESOME. :grumpy:
    With that taken care of SC hosted Florida and with a win would clinch the SEC east. After a halftime lead and holding Florida to 40 yards of offense in the 1st half, the superman cpu was resurrected in the 2nd. They scored TD's on every possession in the second and was virtually unstoppable. (Rivalry game B.S)

Rage mode kicked in after Dylan Thompson led a TD drive to tie it at 31 with 28 seconds left. Driskel continued to be Tom Brady 2.0 and get Florida to mid field and with 1 second on the clock facing a total prevent with defenders on the goal line, Driskel completes a Hail Mary into a crowd of like 8 players at the 5 yard line. UF WR comes down with it and spits out of the mosh pit and walks in the end zone for the win. F that . Rant over.

SC faces Ole Miss next week and a W will clinch a birth in the SEC Championship.