S1: Hardknocks Unsung Heros

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by bigtubb_, Oct 8, 2014.

1. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Every owner in Hardknocks has a unsung hero on their team. A person who made a substantive yet unrecognized contribution and impact on your seasons outcome. This player won't win a season award. Yet, without them your team wouldn't be the same. So, Hardknocks, who is your unsung Hero?

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Shamarko Thomas
    [​IMG]

Shamarko Thomas has had a tremendous impact on the Steelers season. In the preseason the Steelers projected starter at Free Safety was Mike Mitchell. However, Mitchell was traded to the Buffalo Bills for Nickel Cornerback Nikell Robey. The Steelers were forced to start Thomas at Free Safety. The 3-4 Zone Blitz scheme the Steelers run has forced Thomas to defend over the top as the main single high safety while Troy Polamalu was routinely moved into the box to stop the run. Thomas has held his own and impressed the coaches. He has outperformed his expectations. He has amassed 66 tackles on the season, 1 interception (15 drops) and 4 forced fumbles that have changed the direction of games. All of his forced fumbles were recovered by the defense.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

[​IMG]
    Brandon Thomas - The 49ers go when the offensive line goes. Brandon Thomas is the no name on the line and has been great at center. The 9ers plan to move him to his natural guard position in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

can I count my whole defense ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

Marvin_Jones.jpg
    The unsung hero for the Cincinnati Bengals is Marvin Jones. In the only win since I bought the Bengals, Jones made play after play vs Denver while they focused on AJ Green. Jones had 5 catches for 191yds in the win over the Broncos. Next season Jones will need to have these kind of games as opponents will focus on AJ Green.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I don't really have one of those guys...I'll go with Jeremiah George...a 7th rounder, I felt George could REALLY play...I initially placed him in nickel packages (he's my best cover LB ironically)...

then when Coples went down, I moved him to the outside and he done a solid job...and when he came back, I inserted George as the starter on the strong side and he makes plays..he's fast and my best cover LB...his role will be expanded next year as I learn more about the game...Harris is a beast and a force but I'd rather have a better cover type LB when the CPU uses him...

• Like Like x 2
  7. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

[​IMG]

2011 draft picks- Rahim Moore, Nate Irving

Irving- 102tkls, 10ints
    Moore-66tkls 9ints

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    1.jpg

Joique Bell
    Season Stats - 144 rushes for 497 and 15 TD.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

The two starting safeties (both rookies)

FS Lamarcus Joyner - 86 tackles, 2FF, 4 ints
    SS Maurice Alexander - 62 tackles, 2FF, 5 ints

• Like Like x 1
  10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

upload_2014-10-9_8-56-22.png

upload_2014-10-9_8-55-37.png

7 Games
    149 Attempts
    841 Yards
    5.6 Average
    5 TDs

Rough 16 game average

336 Attempts
    1,922 Yards
    5.7 Average
    11 TDs

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  11. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Shamarko is a hero just for having such an awesome name.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Everybody knows my frustrations with this guy, but he has come up big despite not putting up huge yards everygame. I can honestly say he has been the difference in the Jags being in the position we are in now. I honestly did not see this team being over .500 or even contending for the division title. It was a hard choice between him and Poz, but I felt he was the better choice here.

Stats: 302 attempts 1210 yards 7 TDs

• Like Like x 1
  13. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

[​IMG]

DJ Swearinger
    79 Tackles
    1 Sack
    5 Interceptions
    3 Forced Fumbles

• Like Like x 1
  14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

[​IMG]

Playing in a secondary with Revis, Browner and McCourtey, Harmon seemed to be the one guy who wasn't a name yet. He had to prove he deserved to be out there, and he did just that by having an all-around solid season.

Coming into his 2nd-year, Harmon was handed the starting job at SS to begin the year, and he ran with it. He did make a few bone-headed plays (see the C'mon Son thread) but overall, he put together a very productive year.

He's still not a name, and he isn't an elite player, but he exceeded most expectations this season, and helped the New England defense be one of the best in all of HK.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    He would be the best player in the Lions secondary LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  16. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

In my defense... he didn't start out as an 82 overall lol

But yeah, I know I was handed a pretty sick secondary.

17. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

WOW 15TDs

• Like Like x 1
  18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Madden NFL 15_20140904000904.jpg Dustin "93 personality rated third qb" Vaughn

He had a solid 5 game run with a record of 3-2 and threw for close to 1,000 yards. Not too shabby for a 3rd string 66 ovr qb.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ehmo Van

Ehmo Van Walk On

paysinger-spencer.jpg Spencer Paysinger OLB, 52 TACKLES, 4 SACKS, 1FF, 2 INT
    In a typical shaky Giants season, Paysinger stands out as one of the bigger contributors on D.

• Like Like x 2
  20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Tyrod Taylor is my unsung hero. Witthout him playing his heart out in those sims, I would not have made the playoffs. He really showed up and made probably the biggest impact for us this season.

Season Stats:
    106comp 168 att 63%1088 yards
    7 touchdowns3 ints 0 sacks
    87.5 QBR

• Like Like x 1
  21. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]

SS Robert Blanton - The Vikings' unsung hero would have to be Robert Blanton. In this secondary, you would think he is the weakest link. FS Harrison Smith an up and coming star in the National Football League. CB Captain Munnerlyn is a savvy vet and CB Xavier Rhodes has shown glimpses of promise in his young career. However, Blanton has made plays throughout the year that gave the Vikings the possibilities of a post season. He lead the team in tackles(65) and most notably his interceptions(4) always come up in a time of need.

• Like Like x 1
  22. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I'll throw a few names out there for the playoffs:

Logan Ryan - nickel corner.. 2 ints and a sack in the AFC Championship. Saved my ass.

Shane Vereen - backup RB who doesn't get much reps, but handles return duties. When I was down and out, returned a kickoff to the house in the AFC championship to give me life.

CPU Chandler Jones - Did not get called for one of his famous (and routine) roughing the passing penalties in the SB. Thanks, asshole.