S1 HOF Season Content Req'

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

2. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

The new web OD offers a new opportunity to use it for game summaries.... the current approach of downloading pictures, videos, grabbing screen shots of stats is a media drill, secondly there is a wide variety of what a good game summary looks like from a content standpoint, third there is a wide variety of tech skills and patience need to do a good game summary....and IT TAKES TIME...

So for the balance of the season, we are going to use the WED OD for game summaries....

What your game summary should include;

1. Pictures-game does this
    2. Videos-You have to select, save and upload at end
    3. Stats-game has in place
    4. THE GAME STORY-This is your main focus as you edit from scratch....so post game this is really your only task

Once you game summary is ready....then POST AT THE GAME SUMMARY THREAD FOR THAT WEEK....just note the teams, score and that the summary is ready

This should easily be done before the next advance..

Once we get the above refined, we can start doing some special content on the forum....should have time to do so

Comments welcomed!

Thanks

LeatherHelmets
    Fred Limbo
    HAL9100
    Stiffysix
    Fight'n Hokie
    bigtubb_
    NeuroticTruth
    pitt4life21
    BRUCE80
    carolinaeasy

3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Sounds like a winner, lets give it a go and see how it works

4. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

How do you get OD vids from the OD site to here?

5. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Two ways, depending on how you handled your saved highlights;

1. Within the game, the cpu will upload your game story and highlights, pics and vids...to access you go to the WED OD, view and download from there

2. Outside the ps3 OD, but still within the game menu you go to My Leagacy, that shows all the leagues you are in, games in which you saved vids...so you find the league/game you want and then upload to the EA My Player/Media...

Either way you then have to download to your computer, convert to You Tube and then upload to your YT account...free, once processed you get a web link and you paste into your forum post..

Its sounds like a lot of time/work..but I can actually do all of the above in less than 10 minutes..

My issue, which none of you have, is that my internet connection is slow so I get freezes, then have to quit game...

Now that we are going to use the WEB OD....for game summaries all you have to do is create your highlights from with the game, then let the cpu save your game story, upload your highlights and it will all be there on the WEB OD....then you just do your narrative on the WEB OD...

6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Your internet speed isnt the issue, its the crappy EA Servers. I have great internet and I get freezes no matter which way I try and upload the videos.

7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

My average download is about 1.75 mbps, upload .5 mbps....thats a regular test I do via speednet. to Richmond VA...

8. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    While thats not great, I dont think thats the source of your problems with the video uploads. There are a ton of people that have problems uploading them. :)

9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Thinking of going back to previous provider, wirless tower system...he says his customers are getting 3-4 down...1+ up....with that I could play user games...but would agree that the documented issues with EA servers certainly pts. to less than perfect access for even those who are at the 10+ range

10. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Ive taken pictures twice since the new OD site opened up and neither time have they shown up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.