(S1) Match of the Week

Discussion in 'TSL A' started by grundlebug, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

MATCH OF THE WEEK

I will be previewing the "Match of the Week" beginning Match Week 3. "Match of the Week" can be a game pitting two of the top teams in the league against each other, two teams fighting relegation, or two rival teams from the same country/region. In my previews I will examine each team's strengths/weaknesses as well as key players in the game for both sides. If anyone has any suggestions regarding other topics or talking points I could include, please let me know. I hope everyone enjoys reading these weekly write-ups!

2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Can't wait man!!! Loving the fact that we are gonna have some weekly content going now!! Just a suggestion, but maybe just add your prediction for the game; like a "who will win and why" type thing...any maybe an 'upset of the week' game could be added around week 5 or so? lol..im just being greedy now, haha..again, good to see you hop on board the content train!!! now its time to get more people on board [​IMG]

3. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Good idea - I will provide my predicted winner and score line, and the reasons why I think that certain team will win. As for Upset of the Week, I may or may not do that. If I did I wouldn't go in to much detail with the match, but instead just list the teams.

4. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Awesome. Thanks for doing this.

5. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

amazing idea. thanks for doing this!

6. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Just a heads up - I won't be able to get around to this until Friday or Saturday night. I've been working until 10pm each night and just haven't had the time yet. Sorry guys.

7. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Match Week 3 "MATCH OF THE WEEK"

Everton v. Genoa
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The premier edition of "match of the week" features a game between the bottom two teams of Serie A. While neither team has been able to gain a single point through four games this season, both teams are still very talented and are comprised of highly skilled players. Each team has suffered from a lack of strong defensive play. Everton has 12 goals against while Genoa has 9. Neither team's attack have been able to get things going as both have only scored one goal. However, it must be noted that both teams have started the season with very difficult schedules.

Other important matchups:

The match weeks for both Bursaspor and Hamburg are very important. Both teams face off against each other in Week 5 and vs Lille and CSKA Moscow in week 6, respectively.

Just a heads up; I know this game has already been played, but this was the "match of the week" I had in mind before games began. Also, this is all I will be able to contribute for this week. Normally I will go in to much greater detail, but this week I have had literally ZERO time to create this thing. Look for better content next week. Thanks.

8. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

FYI...press release was coming later tonight, but the Bursaspor - Lille game has been postponed

9. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Match Week 4 "MATCH OF THE WEEK"

LOSC Lille v. CSKA Moscow
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Match Background:
    Two of the best teams in Serie A will face off this upcoming week in Match Day 7. Both teams feature potent attacks; CSKA Moscow has an incredible 15 goals for and only 3 goals against while LOSC Lille has put up an impressive goal differential of their own - 11 goals for and 7 goals against. LOSC Lille remains one of only two unbeaten teams left in Serie A, with a record of 2-3-0 (their lone unplayed game against Bursaspor has been postponed until the midseason break). CSKA Moscow has fared very well this season, as evident by the club's 5-0-1 record and control of second place in the table with 15 points.

Key Matchups:
    Featuring the two hottest strikers in Serie A, this game should be full of fireworks. Expect at least one goal each from LOSC Lille striker Moussa Sow and CSKA Moscow striker Seydou Doumbia, who are both tied for the most goals in the league with 5. However, Sow will face a tough matchup in CSKA GK Igor Akinfeev, who has 4 clean sheets on the season and only 3 goals against. The defensive backs for LOSC Lille must come out playing better against the CSKA attack. They have conceded a goal within the first 8 minutes in three of their five played games this season.

Other Key Players:
    LOSC Lille -
    Eden Hazard - With 3 goals and 3 assists himself, Hazard is vital to the success of Lille's attack. He must play well for his club to win.
    Gervinho - A key playmaker for Lille, he must get the ball to Sow or Hazard and allow them to work their magic.

CSKA Moscow -
    Silva Vagner Love - Another dangerous component of the CSKA attack, look for him to add to his total of 4 goals and 2 assists.
    Keisuke Honda - If Lille's defense is able to bottle up Doumbia and Vagner Love, they will have a tough time dealing with this very talented Japanese international as well.

Grundlebug's Prediction:
    LOSC Lille 1 - 3 CSKA Moscow
    CSKA's amazing attack will prove too much for Lille's defense, who will once again give up an early goal. Sow and Hazard will have several good looks, with Sow netting one goal. However, CSKA GK Akinfeev will continue his excellent form through this game and get the better of the Lille attack. Doumbia will once again have a multi-goal game, with one being within the first 10 minutes.

Other Important Matches of the Week:
    Bursaspor v. Palermo - Bursaspor has proven their worth with wins against Hamburg and Schalke, but they face their toughest challenge yet in the number one team of Serie A, Palermo. Palermo is poised to set themselves apart from the rest of the league if they are able to secure another 6 points in Week 4. Serie A; watch out for the Rosanero!

10. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

UPDATED for Match Week 4!

11. RedAL925

Moussa Sow - 5 goals
    Eden Hazard - 3 assists

thanks for the boost though ;)

12. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Really? I looked at the stats site and then tried to adjust for week 5 and 6 recaps. I guess someone already adjusted them for your team. Sorry, I'll fix it.

13. RedAL925

thanks bud

14. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Very nice job with this grundle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.