S1 MIDSEASON CONFERENCE CALL

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Oct 20, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Hey guys,

We just wanted to check in with everyone and see how things are going. We wanted to give everyone a forum to express any concerns or post any suggestions they have.

If you have a concern, please be respectful and do not call anyone out specifically. This is just to talk about the league as a whole.

A couple of things we wanted to cover ourselves:
    • Content - Outside of the some Team Management and the Power Rankings and League Leaders, we are not seeing a lot of content generated. We're also still seeing a few Game Summaries missing. What can we do to help? What do you guys think is holding some of you back from posting more?
    • User vs CPU - For the most part everyone is doing very well with these. I think those that were having issues are getting better. As we all know, sim stats are as much a part of TSO's brand of sim gaming as sim gameplay is. This applies to CPU games too. For those that are having an easier time with the CPU, what do you guys find to be the least difficult? Meaning what aspects should we make more difficult through sliders to present more of a challenge and make it harder to post gaudy stats?
    What do you guys think about these? What else do you think we can do to improve/better the league?

coachgaddy, MarkyMark67, OzcarL, Futuriistiics, Jbbubba, Reallyrill, lilaaddzz , LLCoolGrey, YungLew15, Richard hunter, bigtubb_, fpuent, Jshaver, Big John, jeb4056, AveryB, Ninersfan80, wayers50, Crunk_Ness, slicknick202, thoov08, woodsmall, Cole Copeland, Crumbler81, MiaFLSurf,

• Like Like x 3
  2. majesty95

BTW, I just ran across this in an NCAA league. They record and broadcast their league games. Very cool. I know we can't all get $300 recording devises but cool nonetheless.

• Like Like x 2
  3. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

I dont think a user has lost a game to the cpu yet and that seems to be where the gaudy stats are coming from ... maybe tweak the cpu sliders to give users more of a challenge

• Like Like x 1
  4. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

I think a lot of the problem in user vs cpu games in their playcalling. But obviously we can't change that. I've also noticed that they struggle running the ball so maybe you could give them some help in that area.

5. majesty95

Ya I've noticed their playcalling is atrocious, lol. I think if they could run the ball better that may help.

6. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

In regards to lack of content, I've found my content production drop to near 0 a few weeks (game weeks) back. I forgot to do my usual in the Bills Team Management after one game, and then ended up playing the next weeks game and not posting any content afterwards because I wanted to post something late from the previous week first.

I ended up 3 games behind in posting team content, so I kind of just dropped it altogether. Which was a shame, because somewhere in there I got my first win and didn't get around to making a post about it.

The easiest thing to do for me to fix that, would be to stop being lazy. I'll try posting something after my game this week - and might go back and post some late stuff for the previous weeks if I can remember what happened back then. I've enjoyed reading other people's content though

• Like Like x 1
  7. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I don't like playing the CPU games because of the lopsided competition. I think all CPU vs Human games should be simmed unless they have playoff implications.

8. majesty95

I've been considering this. There are other leagues on here that utilize that strategy...

9. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

It also helps eliminate if a owners is trying to pad his stats.

10. OzcarL

OzcarL Walk On

I don't value the Cpu games being simulated, that is unfair to owners who have way more cpu games than others. I think the difficulty versus CPU is way too easy, I'm just trying to do an out route for a 5 yard catch for a first down and it turns into a 70 yard td half of the time. Increase CPU's ability. Simming is just unfair.

11. majesty95

Well, keep in mind that goes both ways. Is it fair to the guy who has 14 user vs user games that another teams has five CPU games? Neither scenario is perfect. We could go to All-Madden and have the CPU cheat at the end of games and cost guys wins but is that any better? Ideally, I'd like to be able to play CPU games and we can keep doing so if we can find a way to make the CPU more competitive and have everyone buy into managing their stats a little better even when the CPU is not as competitive.

12. OzcarL

OzcarL Walk On

I'm in favor of All-Madden, except we need to be weary of the sliders than, because with All-Madden there is way more dropped passes.

13. majesty95

That was supposedly fixed with the latest update.

We will tinker with the CPU sliders for the rest of the season and see what happens. We can look at some of those changes once this season concludes.

14. OzcarL

OzcarL Walk On

There are still bugs though, If you go to the stats page, look up the leaders in fumble return yards its got 5 guys with like 56,000+ return yards

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I am in favor of simming every USER vs. CPU game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

And if drew Bree's gets hurt for the season or career?

17. Cole Copeland

I don't have Brees :D but still.. playing the CPU is going to be an easy win 97.2 percent of the time.

18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

You know what I mean...I understand your stance. Just wondered if your stance would be the same if you lost your best player

19. Cole Copeland

This is a valid point..

20. Big John

Big John Walk On

I wanna play CPU, f da sim

21. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I cdont care what u do.....just adjust the fumble slider...every game I fumble early the have to fight my way back...I fumble 2x a game

22. majesty95

The fumble slider was adjusted several weeks ago. Honestly, I rarely fumble now. Some of it is using the cover ball feature and some of it may be ratings.

23. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

So ray rice fumbles a lot? Or should I just bounce it outside like every user i play...I try to run the play the way its supposed in traffic and my guys fumble...#justsayin I understand losing when I throw a pick or I make a mistake but I'm holding r1 like I'm Kobe and the lakers are down 1 with 3 seconds left....

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  24. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Btw It's just a suggestion...panties no bunch please...the tebow man crushes are already turning my stomach

25. majesty95

Well, six of your fumbles are from your QB, not your HB. The 49ers, Browns and Vikings (three of the top 3 rushing teams in the league) have 4-5 fumbles total for their team and none of their HBs have more than 3. I think covering the ball would probably help and Flacco's ratings are probably causing him some issues. It's not a league wide issue so I can't justify changing the sliders.