S1 Offseason Surprises?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Oct 17, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Is there anyone you were just sure you were going to resign, but he decided to walk? How will it affect your plans going into the offseason?

Any surprise retirements? I can't believe Steve Smith retired on me, I was not planning on having to replace him this year. Could put a huge dent in my offense next season.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea, I got burned by a few guys, but I didn't notice the contract desire until I was part way through, lol.

Didn't lose anyone crucial but I got a lot of guys to replace now. Plaxico retiring (I guess?) hurts but I figured it would happen. And since Steve Smith (the lesser) and Amendola both walked I've got nothing at WR.

It may be a blessing in disguise though cause my cap situation wasn't as good as I thought it was. I'm glad I have 2 first rounders, hopefully they can paper over some holes. Going to have to be smart in FA though.

Does the money it reserves for rookies all get spent or is there a possibility to get some back?

3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I tried making my guys happy by upping the desired contract but it didn't work. The guys that did walk wasn't very interested to begin so that may have had a lot to do with them not wanting to resign. I lost a good RB in Philip Tanner and a somewhat decent slot guy in Ogletree so that really surprised me. For the others that walked I already had a plan to give them das boot anyways by picking people up in the draft/fa pool.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I didn't lose anyone I wasn't prepared to lose since I had set a limit on how much I'd be willing to spend for the bigger guys anyways. Desmond Bryant was a big re-signing as he could develop into something good for me.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My roster has been ransacked. I will end up with 20 new guys next year.

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You talk like thats a bad thing.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I didn't get a couple guys I wanted.

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I wasn't happy to see Blount go.

I also didn't want Ronde Barber to retire.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I bet Blount is a beast.

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

He was good for me...would be better in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I lost both of my starting CBs. The worst secondary in the NFL gets worse :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Damn and I was going to give him a look in FA

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

what does that have to do with my Denver secondary ? lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

no real shockers. I'm a little shocked Mike Williams is being a douche about his contract considering he was a FA before the season

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I was able to sign everyone I wanted to. Kept Iggy on a reasonable deal and some of my bench depth.

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I was surprised how much some of my 77-81 OVR rated guys wanted paid , shit Lee Evans with his 32 yr old slot rec ass wanted like 4.5mil a year :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was thinking the same thing for Oakland where my guys always seem to just turn and run at the snap.

18. Dru50

I was surprised the opposite way. I was able to sign a few of my bench guys for deals in the $1-2 million a year range, which was a pleasant surprise.

Of course, Jason Campbell wanted $5.5 million per year, so I told him to hit the bricks.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Phil Dawson wanted 3.5M, which was cheaper than the 3.81M he made last year (stupid franchise tag on a kicker)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dru50

The guy I expected to lose was Israel Idonije (82 OVR DE in my scheme). I assumed he would want $5-6 million per year, but he was willing to sign for about half that.

21. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Someone explain to me why I would have wanted to franchise for instance Mike Wallace. He only wanted around a $5 million deal. But his franchise tag would have been $13 million. In fact, nearly every player had a tag amount higher than their expected salary.

22. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

$13 mil is the average of the top 5 wr salaries. So in that case you definitely wanted to give him a deal. Got lucky he wasn't asking for top money.

23. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah, but I mean every single player asked for less than it would have been to tag them. I dunno. Just wondering if there is any benefit at all. Is there gauranteed money in the tag?

24. Dru50

The tag is a guaranteed one year deal. Generally it's only used if you can't get them to agree to a deal (at least in real life).

25. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

The tag doesn't allow the player to hit the market. You are then able to sign him to a new deal if so desired