(S1)Players of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Timpegoose, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

(S1)Players of the Week

Week 1
    Offense
    [​IMG]
    Michigan Wolverines Denard Robinson 9/15 184 Yards 2 TDs, 12 Carries 160 Yards 2 TDs​
    Denard Robinson put up big numbers in his first game as a starter against UConn. It will be interesting to see if he can continue to put up these numbers as the season goes on.​
    Defense
    [​IMG]
    Washington State Anthony Carpetner 7 Tackles 1 TFL 1 INT 1 FF​
    True freshman Anthony Carpenter came into this game buried 4th on the Cougars depth chart, but he sure earned his stripes in Washington State's loss to Oklahoma State. Carpenter was all over the field making plays. He definitely made his case to see more playing time in the future.​

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 2
    Offense
    [​IMG]
    ]Boise State Kellen Moore 24/40 583 Yards 4 TDs​
    Kellen Moore had a huge game in the Broncos loss to #1 Texas. If he can continue to play like this against defenses that will be nowhere near as skilled as the Longhorns you will be hearing his name thrown around quite a bit in the Heisman talk.​
    Defense
    [​IMG]
    Penn State Stephon Morris 4 Tackles 2 INT 1 TD​
    Stephon Morris made 2 huge interceptions against Washington State in a game that was closer than it looked to be on paper. His 64 yard interception return in the 4th quarter sealed the game for the Nittany Lions.​

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

nice 2am write up goose.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

It was much better than doing homework ;)

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am telling my Cougs need to be taken seriously, we have talent

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

he held me out of the endzone for almost 3 quarters

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I wasn't saying that he isn't a good player, I've played Wazzu a couple of times and its always a good game. When I said "closer than it looked to be on paper", I meant based off of the teams ratings. I believe Washington State is around a B- and Penn State is around an A-. I was just trying to do some writing to make it more interesting, nothing against Wazzu

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Goose, I know you are not saying anything discouraging about me, I am just talking up my team, my overall team rating is B-, I think offense is a B- and my defense is a C+. And if you were to look at whom I am recruiting, there are a lot of defensive players on my list

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Nice... I like the writeup

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 3
    Offense
    [​IMG]
    Stanford Stepfan Taylor 12 Carries 75 Yards 4 TDs[/SIZE]​
    Taylor was a scoring maching for the Cardinal, pounding in 4 TDs (3 in the 2nd quarter) on only 12 carries. Taylor pounded away at the Wake Forest defense in the red zone giving them a solid win heading into their big matchup with Penn State next week.​
    Defense
    [​IMG]
    Cincinnati Wesley Richardson 15 Tackles 2 Int​
    Richardson had a huge defensive day for the Bearcats with 15 tackles (11 solo 4 assisted) and 2 key interceptions. His interception late in the game sealed the win over the Broncos.​