(S1) Power Rankings: Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 3
    Iowa takes over the #1 spot in the Power Rankings after the stellar performance by Stanzi.
    #1: [​IMG]
    With tOSU and Oregon suffering losses Iowa looks to be in prime shape to make a run at the National Championship. Senior QB Ricky Stanzi is off to a great start completing 35/56 passes for 579 yards and 5 Td's. This is a bit non traditional for Iowa's offense but Coach H22 certainly has them in the right direction.​
    #2: [​IMG]
    USC is USC. They will always compete and will bring in some good players. They currently sit 12th in the polls but have made some noise early. Although the run game is non-existent. Matt Barkley played well in the opener completing 18 of 28 passes for 262 yards with a TD. Tuco will need to get WR Ronald Johnson more involved in the passing game to stay on top.​
    #3: [​IMG]
    Bob has PSU playing like men. Not only that but he is bringing in some good talent for recruiting visits which will help as he will lose a lot of senior leadership next year. Defeating Bama resulted in PSU creeping up to 13 in the polls but don't sleep on Bob, he is my pick to win the Big 10.​
    #4: [​IMG]
    Sweater Vest City was at an all time high until they lost the home and season opener on a last second field goal. Terrelle Pryor is playing poor but luckily the defense and Brandon Saine is pulling up the slack. The Bukeyes have a long stretch until another tough challenge, which is nice, they need to iron some things out.

#5: [​IMG]
    Michigan is looking very impressive. After a straight beatdown on Miami, the tOSU coaches are very worried if their rivalry matchup at the end of the season is going to be close. This weeks win should put Mich in the polls but Radio has them playing very well.

#6: [​IMG]
    Oregon suffered a tough loss to Tennessee and like the Big 10 favorites tOSU they fell in the rankings. They still have a talented team but NRG will really need to turn things around for conference play.

#7: [​IMG]
    After a 1 point victory over rival Notre Dame, the Spartans are off to a hot start! They are 3-0 and have a big test against Wisconsin next week. Greg Jones is anchoring the defense but will the offense put up the numbers needed to win next week? I think so, GL CA!

Arizona St got a huge win against Wisconsin and were able to hold John Clay in the victory. With this impressive win Cimmy will find himself ranked next week. He can't get too caught up with the hype as he squares off with NRG and the Oregon Ducks for their first Pac 10 game.

#9: [​IMG]
    Jam and the Bruins have dominated their first three games, including a big win over rival Stanford. The Bruins have their toughest stretch in the next 4 games as they face Purdue, Wash St., Cal, and Oregon. If they survive this stretch they will be in very good shape.

#10: [​IMG]
    Cal had cupcake opponents weeks 1 and 2 but were physically dominated Iowa. They will need to rebound next week against Arizona in their first Pac 10 conference game.

#11: [​IMG]
    It's no suprise that Dunlap is 3-0 with the lowly Cougars, especially with solid victories over Oklahoma and Purdue. The Cougs could really make some waves and deal some upsets here in Pac 10 play.

#12: [​IMG]
    Purdue suffered a tough three point loss to the Cougs but defeated Notre Dame and Ball st by 1 point this week. It is tough to tell how Diddy and the Boilermaker's will do as they are inconsistent right now.
  2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Jul 6, 2009
    Great fucking work my man!
  3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Sep 24, 2009
    WOW! I honestly didn't think Michigan would be in the top 5. And still ahead of in-state rival MSU. Of course tOSU's coach has a hand in this and may be trying to boost their strength of schedule.
  4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Jul 11, 2009
    Overrated. But thanks for the consideration. With the user game gauntlet facing me the next 5 weeks, we will see how true these rankings are. I have a feeling that there will be a different Big10 team at the top. BTW Frisk, awesome work.
  5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Jul 11, 2009
    looks good t me
  6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Moving on up! lol