S1 Preseason Rookie Watch

Discussion in 'Graveyard Shift' started by G_T_G, Aug 20, 2013.

1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Preseason Rookie Watch

GTG's picks for rookies who will make an immediate impact... well, some of them, anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bengals Emmdotfrisk - Giovanni Bernard, RB

Emmdot knows how to make stars out of relative unknowns in Cincy (e.g. Bernard Scott). Look for Giovanni Bernard to break out in his rookie year for this very good Bengals team.

Browns Ryty - Barkevious Mingo, DE

Browns added an explosive presence on the edge. It's a passing league, so having a guy like this on your line certainly is beneficial. Plus, he has a pretty cool name.

Ravens Cimmy24 - Matt Elam, S

Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard are gone, and Elam is in for the Ravens. He'll start immediately and should make an instant impact for the reigning champs. He has big shoes to fill, but he has the skills to do it.

Dolphins MarkyMark67 - Dion Jordan, DE

A great defensive prospect, the Dolphins are hoping he turns into something great. Mike Mayock compared him, ironically, to one of the all-time great Dolphins, Jason Taylor. We'll see how he develops.

Bills ElectrifiedZombies - EJ Manuel, QB

Kevin Kolb was not the answer in Philly or Arizona. He isn't going to suddenly turn the Bills around either. Manuel starts immediately and uses his athleticism to ignite that offense. I think this kid can play.

Texans pitt4life21 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR

Andre Johnson is great, but he isn't getting any younger. Hopkins will give Schaub another great target through the air. He has the potential to be a game changer.

Colts BobJr - Bjorn Werner, OLB/DE

Colts took this German barbarian. He is a little bit of a project, but he should fit nicely in Pagano's 3-4 system and should enhance the pass rush.

Jaguars redwings8831 - Luke Joeckel, OT

Joeckel will get plugged right into a tackle spot on this line, and should be a good one for them for a long time. That's exactly what this franchise needs - stability.

Chiefs thebouncer24 - Eric Fisher, OT

Fisher, much like Joeckel, should be able to be thrown into the mix and start immediately. At least you would hope so for someone who was picked #1 overall. He should be a perennial Pro-Bowler very soon.

Broncos xxkimura - Montee Ball, RB

The Broncos add yet another name into the RB-by-committee thing they've got going on. Ball has the ability to take that job for himself eventually, though. Ball is a baller.

Raiders thirdalarm - DJ Hayden, CB

Hayden became the first University of Houston defender to be drafted into the NFL since 2005. Who drafted the last guy before him? The Raiders, of course, when they took Stanford Routt. They like their Cougars.

[​IMG]

Bears _MG_ - Kyle Long, G

What a bloodline this kid's got. His Dad is a hall of famer, his brother is already a star in this league, and they both say that Kyle is the best athlete in the family. I'll take their word for it.

Vikings controllerabuser - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

Someone up in Minnesota recently said that Patterson has Chris Carter's hands, Sidney Rice's dreads and Randy Moss' number. That's high praise - lets see if he lives up to the hype.

Packers uagrad90 - Eddie Lacy, RB

The Packers suck, but Lacy is actually pretty good. He's a powerful back who has a realistic chance of taking over the starting role there in cheese-town. Mike Mayock says he compares favorably with Frank Gore.

Redskins CTfromDC - Jordan Reed, TE

DC obviously thinks that Reed has talent after taking him in the 3rd round, and they believe he could improve behind Fred Davis. It's been a rough offseason for a certain other TE out of Florida, but Reed shouldn't find any issues fitting in with the Skins.

Cowboys cadepetty247 - Gavin Escobar, TE

Escobar might have the best hands out of any TE drafted in 2013. It seems like Witten is always gimpy, so Escobar should be able to pick up right where Witten leaves off when (not if) the veteran goes down yet again this year.

Buccs Diddy81 - Mike Glennon, QB

As MG alluded to in our podcast, Josh Freeman is skating on very thin ice in Tampa. With Glennon, best case scenario they have a new, strong armed QB to work with into the future. Worst case, they have a capable backup who will push Freeman to be better.

Panthers T2 - Star Lotulelei, DT

Panthers doubled down on DTs this year with their first 2 picks of the draft. Lotulelei, their first round pick, is a beast who could turn out to be a doppelganger for Haloti Ngata. If he turns out to be that good, the Panthers made a hell of a pick.

Falcons BG - Desmond Trufant, CB

The Falcons really focused on their defense in this year's draft; especially their secondary. With their first 2 picks, they took two corners, with Trufant being the first man chosen. He should step right in and contribute right away for this championship contending team. I picked these guys to go all the way, and Trufant will definitely help with that.

Seahawks BK - Christine Michael, RB

Michael has all the talent in the world. The only thing holding him back are some off the field issues and his girly name. He should prove to be a more than capable back up for Skittles in Seattle.

49ers Blackattack87 - Eric Reid, S

Dashon Goldson may be gone, but the 49ers believe Reid should be able to step right up and start on this talented defense immediately. He will complement Donte Whitner nicely.

LOS ANGELES RAMS - Tavon Austin, WR

Outside of Jared Cook, Sam Bradford doesn't have any other weapons other than Austin. That alone makes him a guy who will be utilized early and often despite his rookie status.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 8
  2. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

I'll go ahead and spill some rookie sleepers for the chiefs....LB Nico Johnson and TE Travis Kelce

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

They had a solid draft.

4. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

yeah, i'm happy with it..nothing flashy and headline news worthy but it's good smart picks in positions that we needed help in.

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great job Mike

6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Great job again!

• Montee Ball will start out of the gate for the Broncos and could easily challenge for offensive rookie of the year.
    • Mike Glennon will be starting by week 3 if not sooner. Mark it down. Diddy and I share the same brain so I know it be true.
    • Tavon Austin will be a "do it all" type player for GTG. Expect him to put up huge all-around numbers in the first season.
    • The Ravens suck.

• Like Like x 2
  7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Thanks!

8. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Great job but do not forget DJ Swearinger

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Good job bruh, but Reed won't be smelling the field this year unless Fred gets caught cheefin the reefa again, he is being "Red Shirted" lls, I got Logan Paulsen and Nile Paul ahead of him on the depth chart, Not sure I carry 4 TE's, decisions will be made, tears will be shed...

11. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I like the idea of Escobar. Everyone knows I love my tight end. If he has decent speed/hands Dallas could end up and NE playbook...... I'm hoping WR Terrance Williams from Baylor has a good rating bc hes looking good so far this preseason and will play a big role for dallas.

12. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST GRAVEYARD SHIFT RADIO EXCLUSIVE. CALLED THAT SHIT!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah man, really didn't know who to go with on the Skins. Sounds like Rambo is running with the 1s in practice, but I don't know what he'd be rated in Madden since he was drafted so low.

• Like Like x 1
  14. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

Broncos announce Montee Ball has won the starting job and will be a 3 down back, we are confident in his ability to shoulder the load and improve are run game this year.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Yea its tuff considering we had no 1st rounder, its a crap shoot of a draft...He runnin with the ones, cuz our safeties suck ass!!! Mayweather is injury prone, Jackson is suspended, Doughty is a special teamer at best and couldnt cover a cut if his name was bandaid....Bob Griffith #3 better bring us back to Superbowl status in the next 3 years...Shanahans got a good track record with drafts tho, Alfred Morris was 6th round pick, and finished with 1600 yards and 13 tds last year...He damn near sigle handedly beat Dalllas in the last game of the year that clinched the division for us. Looking forward to the season tho

• Like Like x 1
  16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I hope Rambo tackle rating took a hit , CJ2K and Dwyer maybe made him look real silly in the open field

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

We are not commenting any further on our QB situation in Tampa. Josh Freeman is our QB today period.

Now

I am expecting every draft pick to contribute other than the DE Means out of Buffalo.

Johnathan Banks is a proven SEC Corner and will have a good one to learn from.

Mike Glennon will help us win ball games.

Mike James is a very accomplished running back out of DA U , they have a track record of producing NFL caliber running backs.

William Gholston and Akeem Spence will be in the DLine rotation.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    So JG getting axed?!?

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

History Repeats. Ryty

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Wow...I forgot about that beatdown. Nice vid though!

• Like Like x 1
  21. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

NO Playoffs WINS this season, NO Red J next season