S1 Recruiting Blog: The Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by G_T_G, Jul 31, 2013.

?

Who is the best QB recruit this season?

1. Brian Liston

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Sheldon Johnson

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Demetrious Gonzalez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Michael Banks

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Steve Reyes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. OTHER

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Heisman Hopefuls Recruiting Blog
    The Quarterbacks
    NIKE SPARQ Top 5
    1. BRIAN LISTON - Maryland Heights, MO
    [​IMG]
    Measurables: 6'5'' 219 lbs, 4.70 (40)​
    Brian Liston, the top QB in the country, has everything an offensive coordinator could ever desire. Solid enough speed and agility to keep the defense on its toes as a dual-threat QB if need be, and a next-level ready arm that could put him in starter-contention immediately. Put that together with a 6'5'' frame that allows him to see over pressure and read the defense, and you've got one hot prospect. It is said that he desires to play for a school with a pass-friendly offensive scheme. He also has said numerous times that he wants to play for a title contender.​
    Top Schools: CLEMSON, MIAMI
    2. SHELDON JOHNSON - St. Andrews, SC
    [​IMG]
    Measureables: 6'1'', 216 lbs​
    Johnson, the 2nd ranked QB in this year's recruiting class, makes up for his subpar height with a strong arm and an accurate touch. Not known as an athletic QB, Johnson makes his living in the pocket reading defenses and stepping up when pressure arrives. You know this kid must be good if he is ranked so highly by scouts with such poor measurables and athleticism. Many scouts cite his leadership as his best quality. Johnson has stated that a main criteria he looks for in a school is a impressive historical tradition. In other words, he wants to play for a big-time program.

Top Schools: CLEMSON, MIAMI
    3. DEMETRIOUS GONZALEZ - Alamo, TX
    [​IMG]
    Measurables: 6'0'', 201 lbs, 4.84 (40), 390 BP 315 SQ​
    Texas is a High School football Mecca. Unsurprising, the #3 quarterback this year hails from the Lone Star state. Alamo, TX native Demetrious Gonzalez sure is making scouts "remember the Alamo" with his impressive balanced attack. Despite his short build, Gonzalez registered some impressive numbers at the NIKE SPARQ combine. His 390lb BP topped all quarterbacks, and showed how dedicated he is in the gym. Gonzalez has the ability to throw from the pocket, or pick up yards by tucking the rock and hustling down-field. However, his size has turned off a lot of the top schools in the country, and Gonzalez says he is just looking for an opportunity to play as soon as possible.​
    Top Schools: ULM, RICE, BALL, WYO​
    4. MICHAEL BANKS - Redlands, CA
    [​IMG]
    Measurables: 6'2'', 193 lbs, 4.70 (40) 335 SQ​
    Michael Banks comes in at #4 amongst quarterbacks according to Nike SPARQ. Known as a scrambler, Banks is a dual-threat QB who shows great acceleration and open-field moves as a ball carrier. Many scouts think that Banks is just as talented at throwing the ball, and could be converted into a more balanced, pocket-orientated role if need be. Banks has made it known that he wants to go somewhere with a great program tradition that he can be proud of.​
    Top Schools: NEB, UNLV​
    5. STEVE REYES - Berwick, PA
    [​IMG]
    Measureables: 6'0'', 205 lbs, 4.54 (40)​
    Far-and-away the fastest QB in the top 5, Reyes is an elusive scrambler who uses his speed, acceleration and agility to elude defenders. Although short for the position, Reyes has shown scouts that he can be a highly-proficient weapon throwing the ball, as he has good velocity and touch on his throws. Reyes has revealed that he prefers to go to school as close as possible to his native Pennsylvania - a criteria that limits his suitors to east coast based schools.​
    Top Schools: TEM, VT, MIA

• Like Like x 3
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

No, that is not a typo. Clemson and Miami are both going after the #1 and #2 QBs in the nation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

BREAKING NEWS!!!----QB Sheldon Johnson has signed with Clemson. THE Miami Hurricanes will now focus on QB Brian Liston and Steven Reyes. With Stephen Morris in his Senior season and no one under him to fill the offense Coach Dorsey runs the U must sign Reyes or Liston.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am recruiting an under the radar :3stars: QB that could be one of the best in the class. If he signs with my school he will start for my school in two seasons, following a redshirt next year if Miller returns. Since Miller is an interception machine this season it is unlikely he will be a high draft prospect.

• Like Like x 2
  5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I'm pretty deep on QBs and have not targeted any this season, but I've found a lot of guys outside of the top 5 are just as good if not better.

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

LISTON/REYES or BUST!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I just may surprise everyone with the number one guy on my board, if I get him to commit.. ;)