S1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RRAHx2, Jul 13, 2013.

1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Post them here...

2. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Arkansas 45 Washington State 35

The defense for both teams is still on the bus as I type this. This game was an offensive shootout.

In the 1st qtr WSU took an early 7-0 lead. The Razorback offense had no answer for the WSU defense. WSU added another score quick into the 2nd qtr to pull ahead 14-0. That's when the Arkansas offense finally came to life. They exploded for 31 unanswered points to take a 31-14 lead early in the 3rd qtr. The pace slowed down somewhat from here on with Arkansas adding 2 more TD's and WSU scoring 3 TD's to end the scoring.

The star of the game was Arkansas QB Brandon Allen, 23-27 339 yards and 4 TD's. He was in the zone to say the least. RB Jonathan Williams showed why he was heavily recruited by carrying the ball 20 times for 130 yards and 2 TDs. WR Mekale Mckay was the leading WR with 7 catches for 102 yards and 2 TDs. 9 different Razorbacks caught passes today.

On defense, Carroll Washington stood out, racking up 5 tackles and 2 Ints. Other than that the Razorback defense was very subpar.

"I think when we get home and get the film on, we'll see a lot of things to fix defensively. But it's the first game of the season and it will get better. I'm very proud of Brandon and the offense. To come out that hot, this early in the season is a good sign. My hats off to Washington State, they have a great team," said Coach Stone after the game.

Next week the Arkansas Razorbacks take on the South Alabama Jaguars at home.

• Like Like x 2
  3. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

nice win

4. Sville48

Sville48 Walk On

"Disappointment in Dallas"
    Cal 42 Miss St 47 F

The California Golden Bears are coming home from Dallas' Cotton Bowl after what Coach Curtoys calls a learning curve. The Mississippi State Bulldogs came into the opening game pumped as LaDarius Perkins opened up the ballgame taking the Kickoff 104 Yd for a Bulldog touchdown. Minutes later, the Bulldogs take back the football and hook up a Tyler Russell to Joe Morrow touchdown pass for 5 Yd. Following up another turnover by the Golden Bears, the defense managed to hold Miss St to a field goal 44 yd out for Egen. The Miss St Bulldogs had the lead 17-0 at the end of the 1st Quarter.

After a pitiful 1-6 with 1 INT and 1 Fumble, Coach Curtoys pulled Freshman Zach Kline, and substituted in Junior Austin Hinder. This showed to be a new opening for the struggling offense. Shortly after this change, Sophomore Daniel Lasco took the pitch from Hinder to go 23 Yd to rack up the first points for Cal. Less than a minute later, Russell hit Jameon Lewis for a 73 Yd pass.

Miss St was able to cause a punt by the Golden Bears, and capitalized with a Russell to Malcolm Johnson 36 Yd pass. On the next Golden Bear possession, Hinder hooked up Chris Harper on a Streak for 36 Yd. The Golden Bears defense then forced a punt, and with 0:05 left on the clock, Hinder hits Harper again for a 5 Yd TD to end the half with Miss St up 31-21.

Cal came out of half time with the focus of an opening Miss St. The Golden Bears received the ball and drove down the field with an eventual 12 Yd pass to Richard Rogers. Miss St would answer with a 14 Yd TD run by Perkins. Right before the 3rd Quarter ended, Senior RB Brendan Bigelow would find the end zone on a 3 Yd Run, ending the quarter with Miss St up 38-35.

The Fourth Quarter is where clutch players shine, and the Golden Bears stopped a hard Miss St offense, forcing another field goal for Egan. With 1:31 left in the game, Hinder hits Darius Powe for a 6 Yd pass. The Golden Bears were up for the first time that game 42-41. The Defense really needed to stop the powerful offense, but were unable to as Perkins scored his 3 TD of the day. A questionable decision was made as a Clipping call was called on Miss St, and Coach Curtoys declined the call to allow Miss St to keep the TD. The Bulldogs chose to go for the 2-point conversion, but failed thanks to Cal's front 5 defensive lineman.

With :19 seconds left, the kickoff was kicked out of the end zone for a touchback, and Cal's last hope went on the field. 1st and 10, the Golden Bears tried to hit Bryce Treggs with a Vertical, but was deflected by a Miss St CB. 2nd & 10, Cal dumps a screen pass to Bigelow, who picks up the 1st down. The Golden Bears line up for another Vertical, and hit Tight End Richard Rodgers, who is taken down with a Facemask, leaving the team at the 26 Yd line. 1st and 10, on the 26 Yd Line, :06 left, Cal attempts a quick vertical, but is batted once again. :03 seconds left on the clock, with nothing else to go for, The Hail Mary is called. Bryce Treggs catches the ball as time expired, but is downed at the 5 Yd line. Miss St sidelines erupted, as they take the victory over Cal 47-42.

"I honestly didn't think we had any other choice", said Coach Curtoys after questioned about the Clipping call. "With :19 seconds left on the clock, and after seeing Egan make 2 field goals with ease already today, I believe it was better to let our offense take over, and let our hot quarterback have the chance to take the game. In every decision in coaching, there are multiple results that can happen. I'll take the blame on today, but everyone should count in the factor that Miss St could've still scored a game winning field goal on that possession."

Austin Hinder has already been reported to start for the Golden Bears' next game, as a remarkable 372 Yd, 4 TD game wasn't convincing enough that he is here to play. The Golden Bears will coming home to play Tennessee this next upcoming game.

CAL GOLDEN BEARS STATS

(Passing)
    A. Hinder (24-33, 372 Yds, 4 TD, 0 INT)
    Z. Kline (1-6, 14 Yds, 0 TD, 1 INT)

(Rushing)
    B. Bigelow (12 for 55 Yds, 1 TD)
    D. Lasco (6 for 38 Yds, 1 TD)
    Z. Kline (4 for -9 Yds)
    A. Hinder (4 for -13 Yds)
    L. Gingold (2 for 7 Yds)

(Receiving)
    B. Treggs (7 for 102 Yds)
    C. Harper (5 for 102 Yds, 2 TD)
    B. Bigelow (3 for 16 Yds)
    D. Powe (3 for 32 Yds, 1 TD)
    M. Harris (3 for 68 Yds)
    R. Rodgers (2 for 34 Yds, 1 TD)
    K. Lawler (1 for 26 Yds)
    L Gingold (1 for 6 Yds)

• Like Like x 2
  5. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

MISSISSIPPI STATE 47 CAL 42

Week 1 action saw the Bulldog faithful make the trip to Dallas Texas to see their Dogs open the season up against the Cal Golden Bears in Dallas Stadium.

A lot of question marks surround this MSU team and fans were hoping to have some answers after week 1. Senior all american RB Ladarius Perkins got the Bulldogs on the board first taking the opening kickoff 104yds for a TD! This was a huge momentum boost for the Bulldogs as they quickly built a 17-0 lead. Cal would storm back however in a game that would prove to be the type of game that gets defensive coordinators fired.

After falling behind for the first time in the 4th qtr to the Bears, MSU was able to bounce back and score what would be the game winnning TD with less than a minute left. Cal made a coaching decision questioned by many at the time declining a clipping penalty on the MSU TD run however Coach Rouse of MSU understand their thinking..............."Hell I understood completely. They felt like they had a better chance with their offense on the field, just like we did. And they almost pulled it off. Our defense has a lot of work to do. We thought we were better than that defensively."

KEY PLAYERS MSU

QB Tyler Russell 16 of 25 279yds 3td 1int
    HB Ladarius Perkins 14 carries 85yds 2td, kr td
    LB Deontae Skinner 7T 3TFL 2sacks 1int

• Like Like x 1
  6. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

TENNESSEE WINS A CLOSE GAME AGAINST COLORADO 27-24
    wk1ncaa.PNG
    wk1ncaa1.PNG
    wk1ncaa2.PNG
    wk1ncaa3.PNG
    wk1ncaa4.PNG
    In what was Coach Varno's first Game as a College Coach he started off right, with a Win. First Quarter went smooth for the Volunteers as they scored a TD late in the First QRT and their Defense allowed No Points. Second QRT Colorado's Defense would tighten up forcing a Turnover and only allowing a FG, while Tennessee's Defense would still shutdown Colorado's Offense, The first half would close with the Volunteers up 10-0. The 3rd Quarter would see Tennessee's Defense start to show sign of fatigue allowing a bunch of yards on the ground and threw the air as Colorado would score 10 points to make it a 1 score game with Tennessee up 17-10 going into the 4th quarter. In the 4th quarter the Volunteers Offense knew they needed to get points on the board and after Fr. QB Peterman hit Jr. WR Davis on a 46 yard TD they did just that. Colorado would cut the 2 TD lead quick with a TD of their own with a 35 yard TD to Jr. WR Richardson. On Tennessee's Next possession they knew they needed to hold the ball as long as they could, with their Defense fatigue and 5:32 left in the game the Volunteers would conduct a 4:17 drive and cap it off with a 22 yard FG and take a 27-17 lead with just above a MIN to play. But just like before Colorado wouldn't give up as they scored a quick TD on a 53 Yard Bomb to Jr. Richardson once again. With no Timeouts Colorado would have 2 kick a Onside kick, The kick bounced right into the arms of a Volunteer and they would run the clock out to secure the victory. 27-24​
    After the game Coach Varno was asked how his First College game was and he Said "Its very Different, It will take time to adjust we got a good team here they performed well but there is always room for improvement."​
    GG RRAHx2

• Like Like x 2
  7. RRAHx2

GG man!

8. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

Javier24 Make sure you get a summary up man :) It'd be nice to see a write-up of our game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

Week one summary
    Coach Potempa has a reputation for taking talented teams and unperforming. However he had his sun devils poised to move into the win column after week one. The game was a defensive struggle with the half time score 7-6. The sun devils had shown why their d line was one of the most touted in the country. The game featured just a few scores and the final one put the sun devils ahead with just a min left to go. With heavy pressure mizzu turned the ball over and their head coach stormed off the field leaving his players to finish the game on their own.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RRAHx2

11. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

TENNESSEE CRUSHES CAL IN DOMINATE FASHION 36-7
    WK2NCAA.PNG
    wk2ncaa1.PNG
    wk2ncaa2.PNG
    wk2ncaa3.PNG
    wk2ncaa4.PNG
    Coming off a close win against Colorado, Coach Varno wanted 2 make this next game a statement game and that's just what they did. Starting with the first Quarter the Volunteers Offense and Defense Clicked scoring 10 points and forcing a Turnover and not allowing any points. The second Quarter was no difference with Tennessee scoring 13 points forcing a few Turnovers and allowing nothing to the Cal's Offense. Going into the half the score was 23-0. Going into the 3rd Quarter the Cal would bring out a new QB but it would make no Difference as he was 0-3 on his first 3 passes with a INT. Tennessee would score quick and make it 30-0, From there the Volunteers would pull its starting offense and start to eat the clock. The Golden Bears would first get on the scoreboard with 6:07 on the clock with a deep catch and run pass to WR Rodgers. The Volunteers would score 1 more FG to finish the game 36-7.​
    Player of the game:​
    ROLB Dontavis Sapp 2 Tkls, 2 INT.​

GG Sville48

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sville48

Sville48 Walk On

My defense has failed to make stops and my receivers continue to drop open passes...0-12 here we come

13. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

Kentucky Wildcats head coach Joshua Botelho continues to twiddle his thumbs and cry about his lack of offense during this bye week

14. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

yea i clearly saw 4-5 wide open dropped passes now i hate to see that , But for this game in was raining so i wasn't to surprised.

15. Sville48

Sville48 Walk On

Both my games have been Rainy

16. RRAHx2

Javier24 you still have your week 1 summary due.

17. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Damn i hate rain games :(

18. Javier24

Javier24 Walk On

Washington 31 Kentucky 21
    Coach Gomez gave a press release regarding his team play against Kentucky.
    Offensively we had some good things going, put together some good drives. WR Kasen Williams came up with a big effort on his long TD reception. Our run game didn't break any long runs but I believe was key in keeping the Wildcats defense off balance. There was some phases in which I didn't like our execution nor our tempo. We will work on those things during our bye week.
    Defensively I really liked our pressure and other than a big scamper on a QB Keeper we held the running game in check. We intercepted 4 passes and got our hands on various other balls and I think that was a direct result of our pressure. One area in which I was disappointed was in ability to get off the field on 3rd down.
    Overall this game came down to the wire, I love my kids resilience after falling down and throwing a INT in the end zone late in the game. Our defense stepped up and got our offense back on the field and our team leader QB Keith Price made the plays to lead us down the field. The 10 point margin doesn't show how close this game really was and our kids and staff are lucky to get off the field with a W.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

Coach Potempa meet with the media after a win over the vandals. "Yeah Idaho has a good program but they are just so young I dont think they were able to handle our veteran leadership. We were able to move the ball very well and impose our style of play." He was then asked about the offense and their ability to move the ball with ease. "Well I'd like to think that we did.. but we just turned the ball over too many times. The team was sharp early but seemed to lose interest and got sloppy with the ball as the game went on. I was however proud of our second team players. They showed poise and focus that our first team lacked at times. The starters really are going to have to go back to the film and get their heads back in it."

• Like Like x 3
  20. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Arkansas 26 USA 24

In what many thought would be a snooze fest, the South Alabama Jags almost pulled the upset of the century. USA struck quick and early, jumping out to a 21-10 halftime lead. The Arkansas offense had no answer for the Jag Defense. "We couldn't block them, it's really that simple," said Coach Stone after the game.

A big 3rd qtr saw Arkansas pull within 1 pt, at 24-23. Going into the 4th qtr, the USA sideline could smell the upset, the Arkansas sideline was in disbelief. A loss against USA would destroy the Arkansas season.

With a little over 2 minutes to go in the game, Arkansas got the ball back and started moving down field, points of any kind would keep the Razorbacks championship dreams alive. The Arkansas OL finally pulled it together on the final drive, giving QB Brandon Allen time to look and find his WR's. The Razorbacks drove down with a little over a minute in the game. On a 4th down from the 21 yard line, coach Stone sent out the FG team to take the lead. Zach Hocker responded by splitting the uprights and giving Arkansas the lead for good. A couple of stops by the Arkansas defense and the game was over.

"We have a lot to work on. I'm honestly disappointed in our guys at the effort they played with in the 1st half. They were sleep walking and it showed. We won't take a team lightly again," said Stone.

QB Brandon Allen 18-26 329 yards 2 TD's 1 INT
    RB Jonathon Williams 20 carries for 78 yards 1 TD
    WR Julian Horton 4 carries for 101 yards 1 TD

DE Trey Flowers 7 tackles, all solo, 1 sack

21. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Kentucky lays the beat down on sub-par Arizona State
    Things were looking good for the Sun devils early, as Quarterback T. Kelly drove his offense down the field on the opening drive until the drive stalled after three straight goal line stops by the Kentucky defense. Things turned from promising to scary when Kicker A. Garoutte hit the post on his ensuing 8 yard attempt. After the Wildcats went three and out, Arizona State's offense was able to put up another good drive and they came away with the early 3-0 lead.

Unfortunately, that was the only points they would put up as Kentucky took hold. The fast paced air raid offense proved to be too much for the Sun Devil defense at times as Kentucky Quarterback Maxwell Smith had a bounce-back game going 18 for 27 with 266 yards, 2 touchdowns, and most importantly, no interceptions. Smith commanded the ball and put the game into his own hands. He was also able to really spread the ball around as Smith hit 8 different receivers over the course of the game. The improved passing attack also led to an improved ground game as J. George was able to take his 21 carries and turn them into 103 yards on the ground.

The story of the game, as most would agree, was the powerful Kentucky defense. They held their opponents to only 164 yards of total offense as they completely dominated and confused the ASU offense. They were able to get to the Quarterback on 6 separate occasions and A. Dupree had a breakout game with 4 sacks to his name. The pressure made things difficult on the Sun Devils all night as QB T. Kelly only went 11 for 28 with 140 yards and tossed an interception. Overall, this looked like a completely different Wildcats squad and defensive-minded coach Botelho should be very impressed with the way his team commanded the game. We will have his Post-Game Q&A up sometime in the next few days.

(Good game Ruckus Redbird19 , I got lucky on a lot of passes and was just able to find a winning formula today.)

[​IMG]
    One of the 6 sacks for the Kentucky defense

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  22. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Arkansas 38 UCLA 24

This game looked like it was going to be a blowout, an easy Arkansas victory. The Razorbacks jumped out to a 24-0 lead and had all the momentum. The Bruins would tack on a FG right before the half to make it 24-3, Arkansas leading. The 2nd half however was a different story. The Bruin defense woke up and so did the offense. The Razorbacks couldn't get back on track on either side of the football.

In the 3rd qtr, UCLA cut the lead to 24-10 on a 9 yard TD run. A quick 3 and out by the Razorbacks gave the ball back to UCLA with a chance to cut the lead again. UCLA started driving down the field when free safety Jerry Mitchell stepped in front of a pass and took it back 65 yards to push the Arkansas lead to 31-10. Late in the 3rd qtr UCLA would tack on another TD to pull within 31-17. The Arkansas team had no answers.

Early in the 4th UCLA struck again to make the score 31-24. A hush fell over Razorback Stadium, could the Arkansas Razorbacks really blow a 24 pt lead at home? The Razorbacks answered that question. The defense stiffened up like it did the 1st half and kept the Bruins out of the endzone the rest of the game. The offense added an insurance TD late in the 4th to secure the victory over the UCLA Bruins.

QB Brandon Allen 15-20 270 yards 4 TDs

6 different Hogs caught passes

WR Jevonte Herndon 4 catches 61 yards 3 TDs

Arkansas defense forced 4 turnovers, all INTs

• Like Like x 2
  23. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

images (6).jpg

MSU 51 AUBURN 31

The Bulldogs improved to 2-0 tonight after defeating the previously unbeaten Auburn Tigers in a huge SEC matchup. The game was a hard fought one with the Bulldogs able to pull away in the second half. An impressive showing for the dogs going into Auburn and defeating the Tigers in their house. MSU fans will hope they saved a little for next week as the Dogs have to travel to Washington to take on the currently undefeated Huskies.

Senior QB Tyler Russell had his most impressive outing to date under the new coaching regime. Russell threw for 409yds 5tds and 1 int. The Auburn Tiger defensive front was overpowering early really shutting down the MSU run game led by campus legend Ladarius Perkins. The conditions were poor with rain coming down during the game on a already sloppy field. Perkins however as usual found another way to make an impact early. Last week it was a KR for a TD setting a school record to get the dogs on the board first against Cal. This week it was taking a pass from Russell to the house...putting the dogs on the board first vs Auburn. One of two explosive plays for Perkins in the passing game which both led to TDs. Perkins also managed 77yds and 1 td on the ground.

Not much time for the Dogs to enjoy this big win as they will have an even bigger test next week in Washinton.

LaDarius+Perkins+Mississippi+State+v+Auburn+mD_Ib87A-cSx.jpg
    MSU RB Ladarius Perkins puts the Dogs on the board first with his 86yd TD reception!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  24. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Cougars shock Trojans on Last Second FG
    A pair of missed Field Goal's by USC's Andre Heidari left the door wide open for Washington State's own kicker, Andrew Furney, to tack on the exclamation point in a 20-17 shocker at Memorial Stadium. The Trojans started fast and moved the ball at will through the duration of the first half to build a 14-10 lead. However, the Cougar defense, which did plenty of bending on this Saturday refused to break. As USC quarterback Matt Wittek drove his team inside Cougar territory twice in the 3rd quarter, the Cougar defense held it's ground, including a huge interception inside it's own 10-yard line that completely shifted momentum and set-up a go-ahead score entering the final quarter of play.
    USC would push to tie the game, with a Heidari FG with only 52 seconds remaining. But the Cougar's would respond, as Connor Halliday orchaestrated a masterful drive inside the USC 20-yard line to set-up Furney's game-winning FG with 9-seconds remaining.
    usc_wsu2.PNG usc_wsu1.PNG

25. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

That's a very nice win for the Cougars Program. Looks like your doing good things in Washington.

• Like Like x 1