S1/W1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Alright fellas- we're off and running. We are on All American difficulty; I think Heisman just gets a little frustrating with some of the things that happen when we play on that difficulty. That said, if stat whoring or anything is going on I will either 1) Suspend players 2) Make coaches take a sim week - that is game AND recruiting possibly 3) Just straight show you out of the dynasty. Don't make me regret this choice haha.

Philstyle3005 , BPHusker , hornfaninbama , Jolts57

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Oklahoma Cruises to 35-0 Win @ UTEP

Landry Jones went 23-31 for 314 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs on his way to leading the Sooners to a 35-0 win on the road. It took a while for the offense to get going, but a 35 yard strike to Kenny Stills sparked the offense after Stills made a spectaculr one handed grab. From there on out, the route was on and UTEP barely got a sniff of the endzone all game. The Miners would move on the second string defense a couple times, but failed on a couple of 4th down attempts late in the game. Many fans attending the game started booing after the second time they were kept out- apparently they just wanted some points on the board. Stills finished with 8 catches for 90 yards and 2 scores, while Justin Brown added 114 yards on 7 catches including a TD. This offense has potential to be very good, and word out of Norman is that they are going to move to a move Air Raid style attack next week.

3. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

We want Blake Bell!!!

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

his punk ass threw an interception-- but boy he is going to dominate when it is his time.

5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I guess I didn't have a game. Oh well, recruiting done!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Make sure we do our game summaries!

7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Where do you want the recruiting updates to go?

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Texas squeaks past Wyoming

Austin, TX- It took almost an entire half for the Texas offense to get moving, but the eventually did enough to get a comeback win over Wyoming. Malcolm Brown ran for 153 yards and 2 TDs, Joe Bergeron Had 5 carries for 46 yards and DJ Monroe scored on an option play from 23 yards out.

David Ash looked horrible going 10-20 for 90 yards and 2 interceptions and Wyoming bottled up the Texas offense in the first half to take a 17-0 lead in the second and a 17-10 lead at halftime. They scored in their first drive of the 3rd before Marquise Goodwin's 97 yard kick return TD electrified the crowd and team.

Texas was unable to score after forcing a 3 and out. Texas failed on a 4th and goal gettin stopes just short of the end zone. Wyoming 1st play was an ill advised option that Texas stuffed for a safety. The Longhorns scored on their next drive and converted a 2 pt conversion to take a 27-24 lead they would not relinquish.

Malcolm Brown scored twice in the 4th and Vacaro returned an interception 74 yards for a score to allow Texas a bigger win than they deserved. The defense played well all day forcing 6 sacks, 2 picks and a safety. Alex Okafor led the way with 2 sacks. Texas gets SMU next week, before traveling to Oxford to face the Ole Miss Rebels.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Let's just post em in the weekly threads.

10. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

2012 TCU Recruiting Update

# Recruit Name Caliber Position (Pos Rank) Height/Weight Hometown Overall Notable Attributes
    1 Andrew Baker :3stars: G (#27) 6'1" 288lbs Terrell, TX 77 (+6) 93 Acceleration, 86 Strength
    2 Kelvin Hall :3stars: MLB (#18) 6'0" 233lbs Holdensville, OK 70 (+2) 81 Speed, 89 Hit Power

TCU picked up 2 commitments from talented prospects over the weekend.

First was 3 star guard Andrew Baker. Baker looks the part already, even as a high school senior. He is really fast off the ball and has great strength in addition to decent run/pass blocking skills. He should see some playing time next year.

MLB prospect Kevlin Hall also committed. He has good speed for a MLB and likes to lay the wood. He is expected to redshirt next season to learn the defense.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

HAha BPHusker - that signature keeps getting longer and longer man.. :(

12. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

:(

13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Bears 34
    Mustangs 20

The Baylor Bears run past SMU 34-20, but Gilbert and the Mustangs held on till the very end. The Baylor Bears were led by first time starter, Nick Florence, and he played very well throwing for 259 yards and two touchdowns. He did have one interception on a terrible throw, and did make a few other questionable throws on the day. Baylor ended up running with two running backs on the day, splitting time almost 50/50 which a lot of people expected. Lache Seastrunk ended up getting a few more carries and racking up 112 yards and two touchdowns, while Jarred Salubi ended the day with 107 yards and got hurt at the goaline before he could punch in a touchdown. Both backs having 100 yard days means good things for the Bears offense though, and it should allow Florence to really exploit defenses that will have to pay attention to the ground attack. The one area of concern for the Bears was the defense only being able to force 1 turnover on the day. The Bears coaching staff teaches defense that bases it's success off forcing turnovers so the Bears will have to improve on that as the season goes on. Next week the Bears have Houston coming to town but likely won't have a tough game until they travel to West Virginia in week 5.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Not really, I have a lot of hours left but it won't let me recruit anymore for some reason. Go ahead and advance whenever you need to, I'll just have to let the CPU recruit the rest of those hours hopefully

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well, want to try again sometime? Not in a hurry here.

17. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'm trying online right now but it's not really working. My first year recruiting isn't going to be that special anyway so you can go whenever.