S1 W10 - Contender or Pretender

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Oct 15, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

[​IMG]
    Contender or Pretender
    Each week we will pick two owners and highlight one team or one player. The two owners will then debate in this thread whether that team or player is a contender or a pretender.

Please no comments other than those from the selected owners. However, you may "like"their posts.

This week's debate will be:

[​IMG]

Is Tim Tebow a legitimate candidate for the league's MVP?

This week's owners selected to debate are:

woodsmall and majesty95

Be honest. Be opinionated. Keep it clean.

Go!

2. majesty95

I have strong opinions on this subject both ways. I'll defer to my good friend woodsmall and let him have the opening shots on this one.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Good friend? You spelled my damn name wrong! majesty95

4. majesty95

5. majesty95

Ok, woodsmall (properly spelled). Let's hear what you got. Or is your internet still off for trying to use a stolen credit card? :eek:

6. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

majesty95

So this is a tricky one ... the big factor being the team owner turnover and does the new owner play with the same strategy behind Touchdown Tebow ??

So my first question is ... WWJD? Well folks, he would be all for Tim Tebow being a success so that is what we shall do ... he's a contender! The guy is built like a linebacker playing the quarterback position ... half way through the season, his stats are impressive for a guy who was originally slotted for the #2 spot this yr and also considered as a full back

Now pay close attention, through 9 games this season, your hunky all pro qb has passed for over 3,000 yds and 28 tds so he is on pace to shatter the total yds record and possibly eclipse the total td passes (the NFL record for both are 5,476 yds and 50 tds) ... his current passer rating is 111.1 with Aaron Rodgers holding the record of 104 ... point being whether he breaks records or not, he is on pace to get awfully darn close and that something worth considering when selecting this year's Most Valuable Player ... Of their remaining games, Tim will be facing 3 of the 4 worst ranked pass defensive teams in the league (Patriots #28, Rams #31, Titans #32) - The only thing that could possibly hold Timmy back would be an injury or a change at the quarterback position now that a new coach, possibly with a new strategy, puts his pieces in place

The floor is yours my friend ... and please push your tongue back in your mouth as you look Touchdown Timmy up and down

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  7. majesty95

Well, its nice to see your love affair with Tebow remains strong. You must be @fakeskipbayless on twitter. Lol

Let's face it. Tebow's former coach was this league's version of Mike Martz with the morals of Bill Belichick. He ran a high powered offense but he did so while being less than scrupulous about the rules. There's NO WAY Tim Teboner puts up even half of the numbers he has in a true NFL-style offense. Tebow has only average arm strength and average to below-average accuracy. He's terrible on play fakes and his only real asset is his running ability. While he is decent when throwing on the run, the Jets' offensive line has the mobility of a pack of Brontosauruses. This is evidenced by Tebow's league leading 29 sacks. He has to stay in the pocket to be effective and we all know he's not a pocket passing QB. Bottom line, Tebow's effectiveness drops off considerably in the new offense and I'll even go so far as to saw Mark Sanchise will be back at the helm by the end of the year.

Tim Tebow = Pretender

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  8. majesty95

Oh, and Tebow being built like a linebacker? I'd say fullback and that's probably where he belongs. I know you're crazy about his physique so I'll leave you with a special treat. ;)

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Yo this thread has all kindas of wrong written on it

• Like Like x 1