S1/W10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jul 31, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Good job on the pace guys, let's keep it up.

aarondramp
    Kapono
    Steamer43
    Hokie Effect
    Kasper
    Philstyle3005
    sawemoff
    BPHusker
    sreese
    -Cougars-
    dj illmatic 23

User Games: BPHusker vs Aarondramp, Sreese vs Steamer43, Fuzzy vs Saw (GOTW)

Welcome to Week 10!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Navy lost 27-3 against Rutgers (8-0).
    This week, the Midshipmen are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Marcus Elliott has committed to Navy
    - (***) ROLB Chris Carrington has committed to Navy

=============== Air Force Falcons (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Air Force lost 20-7 against Temple (4-4).
    This week, the Falcons travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Air Force targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE J.D. Sullivan has committed to Air Force

=============== Louisville Cardinals (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Louisville won 35-31 against Cincinnati (6-2).
    This week, the Cardinals are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Louisville targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Chad Alexander has committed to Louisville
    - (***) RG Terrence Young has committed to Louisville
    - (***) FS Geoff Manning has committed to Louisville

=============== UCF Knights (4-4) ===============
    Last week, UCF won 42-20 against Marshall (5-3).
    This week, the Knights will host #23 Cincinnati (6-2).

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (6-3) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State lost 49-28 against SMU (7-1).
    This week, the Aztecs will host Boise State (3-5).

=============== Houston Cougars (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Houston won 42-28 against Fresno State (5-4).
    This week, the Cougars are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Houston targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) C Jordan White has committed to Washington State

=============== Connecticut Huskies (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Connecticut lost 59-18 against Boise State (3-5).
    This week, the Huskies will host USF (3-5).

=============== #3 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Rutgers won 27-3 against Navy (6-2).
    This week, the Scarlet Knights will host SMU (7-1).

=============== USF Bulls (3-5) ===============
    Last week, USF lost 21-10 against Miami (6-2).
    This week, the Bulls travel to East Hartford to face the Connecticut Huskies (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LOLB Kendrick Lester has committed to USF

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State lost 42-28 against Houston (6-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Temple (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Fresno State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB Jonathan Leierer has committed to Fresno State
    - (**) DT Stanford Mullins has committed to Fresno State
    - (***) LG Courtney O'Connor has committed to Fresno State

=============== SMU Mustangs (7-1) ===============
    Last week, SMU won 49-28 against San Diego State (6-3).
    This week, the Mustangs travel to Piscataway to face the #3 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (8-0).

=============== Temple Owls (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Temple won 20-7 against Air Force (5-3).
    This week, the Owls travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (5-4).

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

GG sreese it kicked us out of the game chat.

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

Good game. Great 2nd half. I wish i didnt suck:p. Good luck the rest of the way.

4. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

BPHusker

What's your availability? I don't think tonight is a good night for me and would prefer tomorrow, but what's your schedule look like?

5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Tomorrow would be fine, but it'd have to be 6:30-7:00PM central. I have a work call at 8.

6. aarondramp

Could you play after that? Probably the earliest I could start would be 7 central.

7. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Aztecs Rebound from a Disappointing Loss with Blow-out of Broncos
    Boise St. ( CPU )- 17
    San Diego St. ( dj illmatic 23 )- 37
    There was no hangover from the Aztecs humiliating loss last week at the hands of SMU, as they rebounded by destroying Boise St in San Diego 37-17. SDSU got off to a slow start, but things turned right before the end of the first quarter. After a sack pinned the Broncos down on their goal line, FS Nat Berhe crashed through on a run blitz for the safety. This opened the flood gates for the Aztec offense. On the ensuing possession, QB Ryan Katz connected on a 33 yard TD with WR Larry Clark. The game only got worse for the Broncos, as 31 seconds later SS Gabe Lemon intercepted a pass and returned it 19 yards for the TD. Boise St answered right back on a wild-cat pass play that caught the Aztecs off guard. HB DJ Harper connected with HB Drew Wright for a 72 yard TD. This brought the Broncos back into the game, but only briefly. The Aztecs answered back with an impressive drive capped by a 2 yard TD run by HB Adam Muema right before the half.
    The third quarter would be full of fireworks. SDSU WR Brice Butler opened the scoring with a 50 yard TD reception from Katz. The Broncos answered back with a FG, and on the next Aztecs' possesion an interception by CB Lee Hightower was returned 50 yards for a TD. This brought Boise St. to within 13 heading towards the fourth. Any hopes the Broncos had about a comeback were quickly erased when Katz connected with WR Larry Clark for a 70 yard TD with 7 seconds left in the third quarter. Neither team would score again, as the Aztecs brought in their resrerve unit for some experience. Ryan Katz continued his impressive performance in the last few games, but even more impressive was the defense. After not being able to stop SMU at all last week, the defense rebounded with 10 sacks and forced 2 turnovers. The Aztecs move to 7-3 on the season and 4-2 in the Big East. SDSU travels to take on conference opponent Air Force next week.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    SDSU QB Ryan Katz
    12-21/ 298 yards/ 3 TD's/ 1 Int
    Defensive Player of the Game
    SDSU SS Gabe Lemon
    1 Int/ 1 TD
    Play of the Game
    see link below

8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I think I can start at 7. If we run up to 8 we could pause it for 5 minutes when I run my processes for the work call.

9. aarondramp

I will try to hop on right at 7, but that's when the kids go to bed, so we'll see. If you need to pause it at any point then that's no problem.

10. fuzzyl0gic

You guys will be last up, when are you playing Thursday?

11. aarondramp

Thursday at 8 eastern/7 central.

12. fuzzyl0gic

Derp I see that now, I thought you guys were aiming for tonight and didn't play. That's cool.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hellllllll yeah that de is fawking awesome- 75 Ovr I think

14. fuzzyl0gic

SMU Topples #3 Undefeated Rutgers with Improbable Play
    **Disregard the score/stats that are reported, I super-simmed until I got a win. I don't have any official stats/highlights for this one, I wish I did. sawemoff and I were tied at 14 and in the third quarter roughly 1 minute into it, we got disconnected (I had the ball). We decided to play just 1 half of another game with me getting the ball first, and the winner at half time could finish against the CPU and get the win.
    In the first half of the second game, SMU got off to a bad start. Gilbert tossed an INT, but luckily the SMU defense was able to keep Rutgers in check and made a goal line stand to hold them to a FG. 17-14 Rutgers (continuing the score). Gilbert finally got something going and moved the chains, pretty soon he tossed a TD pass and put SMU up 21-17. Rutgers drove down the field, but their QB threw a costly pick in the red zone, and SMU capitalized with another score. 28-17. Gilbert managed to throw two retarded picks on back to back drives, and Rutgers turned those into a 31-28 lead with less than 2 minutes left in the game.​
    Gilbert looked determined to take down his undefeated conference rival, and led the offense down the field with precision passing. With only ~20 seconds left in the game and only a couple of downs from 9 yards out to try and steal the win, Gilbert went down with a rib injury. The backup came in and stunned the home crowd. He took the snap on third and long, and had a few seconds in the pocket...He lobbed up a pass to the back of the endzone to Thomas, who managed to make an amazing catch and keep his feet in bounds. 35-31 SMU with ~14 seconds left in the game. Rutgers attempted two long passes, but they ran out of time. These two teams will most likely meet again in the CCG.​
    Great game sawemoff, that felt like a real chess battle.​

• Like Like x 2
  15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

GG fuzzyl0gic it was a good chess match. The injury to Jawan Jamison has really hurt my running game so I have to rely on Nova a tad more. I dont know if I will make it to the CCG unless he is ready to go against Kapono. I think he is out one more week but anyways good game man

16. fuzzyl0gic

I wont be able to get to my xbox until around 11 est tonight, I will advsnce after i recruit for Kasper.

17. sreese

sreese Walk On

Its been to long since someone said something so i had to break the silence.:D

I cant stop laughing at this....

• Like Like x 1
  18. aarondramp

Another favorite broadcaster moment. This is a lesson that bad things happen to cheaters/cheesers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

oh oh oh owie owie owie! classic lmao

20. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Good game aarondramp. Had to give you a scare there at the end. ;)

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

22. aarondramp

USF - 21
    Connecticut - 24

This game didn't seem like it was going to be that close, but it changed pretty quickly.

There wasn't much offense in this one early. The only scoring in the 1st quarter came from a UConn field goal and a picked off pitch off the option returned for a TD by Blidi Wreh Wilson for his 4th defensive TD of the season. A short run by the Huskies capped off a nice drive at the end of the first half to make it 17-0 at the half.

The second half saw a little more offense with each team having a nice drive in the 3rd quarter with both of them resulting in touchdowns to give the Huskies a 24-7 lead going into the 4th quarter. It was the same score until there was 2:51 left and USF scored on a nice play action pass from the 1 to cut the lead to 10. They failed to get the onside kick but were able to stop UConn, and the Huskies decided to punt and pinned them back inside the 10 with around a minute left. The Bulls put together a nice drive that ended with a TD, but there were only 16 seconds left, and they couldn't get the onside kick.

Looking at the stats, it's tough to see how I won this game. That early defensive TD must've been the difference because the stats are jarring. I also think a lot of the USF yards came on those last two drives.

Good game BPHusker - that early TD I think gave me the boost I need. For whatever reason I can't run with this team. I run a similar offense in my other OD and run the ball fine, but just can't get it going here.

[​IMG]

23. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

That intercepted pitch was pretty much the game. Once that happened I kind of just started going through the motions. Not until I was able to move the ball late, did I think I had a chance to pull this out. Unfortunately, I didn't start early enough.

I'm really thinking about running a spread since I seem to have the most success out of the shutgun anyway. I think my Stanford playbook is shelved until I have a power back like I had at PSU.

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Can you run well out of the shotgun? I find myself in the backfield whenever I run out of it.

25. sreese

sreese Walk On

Are we waiting on someone for advance?