S1/W11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 21, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

• Like Like x 2
  2. fuzzyl0gic

Kasper I advanced it because everyone was done, I'll pass commish back to you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fuzzyl0gic

sawemoff when can you play today/tomorrow?

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Steamer43 I'm off work in an hour and a half, what's your schedule like today? I will probably go out tonight.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Philstyle3005 I'll be home most of today and tomorrow studying. Let me know your schedule

6. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Akron wins a Thriller against Kent State 40-37 to nab their First conference win Check out this scoring Summary, Summary will be up later
    EA SPORTS NCAA Football.png
    Akron-40
    Kent State-37

Akron would jump out to a quick 14-0 start after 2 Kstate turnovers. Kent State would go on to score 4 straight TD's and add a FG and were up 31 14 with 5:19 left in the 4th. Kent State fans were roaring because they thought they had this game int he bag but coach Hakeem gave his players a good motivational speech and Akron turned it. Akron would go on to score and convert a 2 point coversion to make it 22 31 Kent State. Akron fans and players were turned up till Kent State would score again and everyone lost hope to win this game, even coach Hakeem did, but QB Patrick Nicely said I ain't going out like no B****H and let's get this dam win guys. it brought hope to everyone and boy did we turn it up. with 2 TO's left. Akron qb hit keith Sconners for a 81 yard pass and converted the 2 point conversiont to make the score 30 37 kent state. Akron would kick a onside kick and get it. on 3rd down after being sacked twice Patrick Nicely hit Aj Price on a corner route for a TD. the few Akron fans that came were in static and Kent state fans had thei jaws dropped. On the ensuing drive Akron would pick Kent State off in the endzone and return it for about 30 yards. Patrick Nicely hit A.Russel on a streak route to get in FG range and kick the GW FG.

Akron has 3 wins and hopes to win their last 2 games vs Buffal and Central Michigan and see if they can maybe get a Bowl Bid. Both Games are at Home

Next week Buffalo( -Cougars- travels to Akron Ohio to keep their chances alive of making a bowl game also

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Can you play in about 45 minutes? If not would 9pm est work?

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wow Ghost , can't wait to hear the 17 points in a minute part of your summary! Nice job.

9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I can play now if you wanna go. Probably will be available for a while, but tonight is a no go for me. Let me know

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

OK I'll head on. should be a close one

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I smell lots of points

12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Lost in Double OT, hell of a game. My pass got deflected by a defensive lineman on the 2 point conversion, really was probably a toss up if my guy had of came down with it or not. Great game though for sure. Gonna let him take care of the write up since he got the W

13. fuzzyl0gic

14. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#15 Toledo 45
    #11 W. Michigan 44 (2OT)

A matchup of 2 top-15 MAC teams did not disappoint. Most expected a lot of points and a lot of yards. There was certainly a lot of offense, but it seemed both sides had a little difficulty getting the ball in the endzone until the 4th quarter. Western Michigan recieved to start the game, but fumbled on their 3rd play from scrimmage, giving Toledo the ball on the WMU 44, where QB Terrance Owens ran right up the middle to take a 7-0 lead. Later in the quarter, Owens found HB Adonis Thomas for an 8 yard TD pass bringing the score to 14-0. Not much offense ensued, but Toledo went into the half up 17-10. Neither team scored in the 3rd, which seemed very low scoring for these two teams.

On the 1st play of the 4th quarter, Owens found star receiver Eric page on a 2-yard pass to take a 24-10 lead. WMU answered quickly on their next drive with a Carter pass TD bringing the deficit to 7. After WMU could not score, they gave Toledo the ball with under 3 minutes left, but Owens found slot receiver Green on a bomb that was barely missed by the WMU safety, giving them a comfortable lead of 14 with just 2:15 left. WMU raced down the field in just 47 seconds but did not recover the onside. Toledo went 3 and out, just running and WMU could get the ball back after using all their timeouts. Toledo's prevent defense was ripped apart as WMU wasn't even challenged on their way to tie it with 0:34 bringing the game to OT, but WMU star QB Carter was out for the game.

In OT, Toledo won the toss and played defense first. They were able to sack WMU's backup on the 1st play, but that wouldn't keep them out of the endzone as they scored. Toledo's turn, Terrance Owens is sacked on the first play giving them awful position of 2nd and 19. Luckily they got a 10 yard gain on 2nd down and were able to convert on 3rd, and Owens would find Page again for his 2nd TD reception. Toledo then scored on their next possession and it looked like this game might take a while as WMU scored easily also. Without their starting QB, WMU decided it was time to end it and went for it on the 2-point conversion. With 3 WR's, Toledo decided to go 4-3 and let the backup beat him with his arm. THe result a quick pass knocked down by a D-Lineman for the 1 point Toledo win.

Toledo
    Terrance Owens (QB)- 18-29 for 355 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT, 26 carries for 129 yards, TD
    Adonis Thomas (HB)- 10 carries for 24 yards, TD, 2 receptions for 16 yards, TD
    Eric Page (WR)- 6 receptions for 95 yards, 2 TD
    Cordale Scott (WR)- 5 receptions for 106 yards
    Jermaine Robinson (SS)- 12 tackles, 0.5 sack, 2 INT

WMU
    Alex Carter (QB)- 27-37 for 460 yards, TD, 2 INT, 12 carries for 2 yards, TD
    Mike Perish (QB)- 4-5 for 47 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 4 carries for 28 yards, TD
    Tevin Drake (HB)- 12 carries for 45 yards, 5 receptions for 45 yards
    Chileb Ravenell (WR)- 11 receptions for 201 yards, 2 TD
    Mitch Zajac (MLB)- 5 tackles, TFL, 2 INT

• Like Like x 1
  15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

The question on everyones mind: Will Carder or Owens earn first team on Madden's MAC Team? Or maybe fuzzy's guy that nobody knows about..

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Who?

18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

17-10 after the 3rd.
    45-44 final

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Chester Stewart-- nvm though, he has thrown 30 fracking interceptions.

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Why did the Kent State user leave us?

21. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

And why couldn't he have left a week earlier before giving me a last second heart breaking loss!

22. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Probably because it was 4-20 in Boulder

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lmao..

Don't worry about it guys- its all part of the grand scheme of things. I've got us covered/handled.

24. fuzzyl0gic

Temple 45
    Miami U 38

The winner of this game would win the division, and Temple had a tall order in defeating the #7 ranked team in the nation. They were big time underdogs. Miami got the ball first, but couldn't convert a short third down and had to punt. Temple got things going in the run game, which opened up the passing game. Stewart hit WR Deon Miller on a slant route for a 10 yard TD to give Temple a 7-0 lead. Miami was forced to punt once again, and Temple had success on another drive. This time Bernard Pierce ran it in for a 5 yard TD, 14-0 Owls.

Miami turned the ball over on their next drive on an INT, and Temple made them pay for it with another TD (short run by the FB). 21-0 Temple. Miami finally had something go their way on the next drive, as Zac Dysert hit WR Chris Givens on a streak, and Givens blew by defenders for a 76 yard TD reception. Temple had to punt on the next drive, and Miami looked to narrow the lead even more. Disaster struck again for Dysert, as SS Justin Gildea made a nice INT and then ran it back for a pick six. 28-7 Temple. Miami snuck a FG in right before the half.

The Owls opened up the second half of the game with a bang, as HB Matt Brown took a counter to the left, and run untouched as he evaded defenders for a 79 yard TD. It was now a 35-10 Temple lead. Givens burned the Temple D again with a 53 yard TD reception to make it a 35-17 game. Stewart threw his lone INT of the day on the next drive, and the very next play Miami HB Erik Finklea broke off a 77 yard TD run. Just like that Miami narrowed the lead to 35-24. Temple got things going again on offense, and Bernard Pierce had another 5 yard scamper for a TD. 42-24 going into the fourth.

Miami wasn't done yet, as they scored on a 10 yard pass to WR Willie Culpepper. Temple kicked a 46 yard FG on their next drive, putting them up 45-31 with 2 minutes left in the game. Willie Culpepper caught another TD pass for Miami, this time for 5 yards. This made it a 45-38 game with 44 seconds left. Miami couldn't recover the onside kick, and Stewart took a victory kneel. Three weeks ago Temple was 3-4, and looked like a train wreck on offense and defense. Now they stand at 6-4 and have clinched their division. Nobody expected this after a horrible start to the season. Great game sawemoff!

25. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

This is why I cannot wait for NCAA 13. This SS was on another WR and when I saw Cruse I was like yep first down. Well the sentence says it all and the psychic DB strikes again! lol It did turn out to be a great game fuzzyl0gic