S1 W12 Bengals vs Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Oct 27, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

This game would feature two teams that boasted some of the strongest records in the AFC and had great playoff implications. The Bengals entered the game 2nd in the AFC North at 7-3 while the Raiders led the AFC West at 7-3. The hype surrounding this game ended up being well founded as it was a doozy.

Both teams defenses came out ready to rock as both teams forced turnovers of the opposition in the first quarter, but neither team was able to take advantage of them and turn them into points. Multiple punts were traded and both teams settled in for a dogfight. The Bengals finally put some points on the board towards the end of the quarter by hitting a 34 yard FG to take the lead by 3.

The second quarter belonged to the Silver and Black. First they tied the game on a long 55 yard field goal by Janikowski. Again both teams defenses played lights out for a good long while, till after a long drive the Raiders found the endzone on a short 3 yard pass from Palmer to Reece to put the Raiders up by 4. The Raiders D would not let the Bengals move the chains whatsoever, and they added to their lead on back to back drives that ended in field goals. The halftime score was Raiders 16 Bengals 3.

Just as the 2nd quarter belonged to the Raiders, the Bengals dominated the 3rd quarter. On the opening drive the Bengals marched down the field and put up a TD by "The Lawfirm". On the Raiders ensuing drive Palmer was picked off by veteran CB Nate Clements who returned the pick 32 yards for the TD. The Raiders answered by a good drive of their own that seen Darren McFadden outpace the defenders on a 32 yard rushing TD. The Raiders attempted to tie the score by going for a 2 point conversion but good goalline defense prevailed and the attempt failed. Punts were traded by both offenses afterwards, but when the Raiders kicked the ball to Andrew "Young Baby Hawk" Hawkins he took the game into his hands by zig zagging through the Raiders punt team and taking it to the house for 6. This wrapped up the 3rd quarter and the scoreboard read Raiders 22 Bengals 31.

The 4th quarter was a lot like the 1st, a straight up defensive showdown. The only points of the quarter were scored by the Raiders when Bengals kicker Mike Nugent didn't get enough leg on the ball on a long FG attempt. The Raiders knew Nugent didn't have the leg for the 57 yd attempt and put speedster Jacoby Ford in the endzone to possibly return the kick. Return it he did for 108 yards and the Raiders TD that put them within 2 points of the Bengals. The Bengals worked the clock at every opportunity and when it was all said and done the FINAL SCORE was Raiders-29 Bengals-31.

PLAYER OF THE GAME
    Andrew Hawkins
    2 returned punts for 89 yards and 1 TD
    His touchdown gave the Bengals a 2 score lead which led to the victory
    [​IMG]

GG Kidofcrash23 . It was a very fun game and I look forward to meeting you down the road hopefully in the playoffs.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

GRRRR!!!!!

Ya awesome game, the opening of the second half was really stupid on my part. Pick six and then pick again. Palmer in the turnover mode. Fumbles continue to plague my team, at least mcFadden didnt lose the fumble this time, but DHB decided he wanted in.

I just needed a stop with my three timeouts, i couldnt get it. Dammit!1 GG, it was a fun game.

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Looking forward to our match-up DU55. I'm afraid I cannot let you win back to back games against the best division in the NFL!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Silly rabbit, the North is the best division in the NFL.

5. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

On that note...when are you available to play?

6. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

If you can play today that would be great because I'm gonna have a busy tues/wed. I could play as early as 3pm est if you are available then.

7. DU55

DU55 Walk On

I won't be able to play until like 9:30pm est at earliest. Will that work for you? What time zone are you. I'm est.

• Like Like x 1