S1 W12 - Contender or Pretender

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Oct 21, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

[​IMG]
    Contender or Pretender
    Each week we will pick two owners and highlight one team or one player. The two owners will then debate in this thread whether that team or player is a contender or a pretender.
    Please no comments other than those from the selected owners. However, you may "like"their posts.
    This week's debate will be:
    Cleveland Browns
    [​IMG]
    The Browns won four games in a row sandwiched in between back-to-back losses on both the front and back end. The feature one of the league's best backs in Trent Richardson but have been wildly inconsistent otherwise. Contender or pretender?​
    This week's owners selected to debate are:
    Be honest. Be opinionated. Keep it clean.
    Go!

2. majesty95

Crunk_Ness Can Trent Richardson lead the Browns to the playoffs or are there too many holes for the Browns to be considered legitimate contenders?

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

John Shaver is a contender because he plays "true to his teams identity" and I respect him because he is one of the few 100% Sim players i have played. When the guy actually runs the ball he doesn't break most of his runs outside. He uses ball control with T Rich and he plays great defense. He does gamble with one on ones on the outside (you can burn his CBs if you catch him) but other than that he plays excellent defense. My Ravens may suck monkey balls because they all want to leave my team; or they may just suck like the real life team dd today. But, Shaver made a believer out of me. I believe he will win the AFC North and make it to the AFCCCG game unless he runs into the Chiefs early. Brandon Weeden is a weakness though....

• Like Like x 4
  4. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

I love what T. Rich has been able to do this year and I believe he has the ability to become the best back in our league but c'mon man! It's the Browns we're talking about and their inability to throw the ball consistently is what is stopping them from getting over the hump. Although the division they are in seems to be struggling and they are on top of the AFC North I just do not see Brandon Weeden being the answer for Jshavers Browns. They have to play the Steelers twice the undefeated Chiefs and probably their last win they get this year will be against the struggling Broncos. I hear you bigtubb about how great coach Jshaver is at staying true to his teams identity but in the end I believe you need more play makers than just T. Rich to be successful. The Cleveland Browns are pretenders but only a few players away from becoming legit contenders.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]

So Skip Crunk_Ness Baseless what is your definition of contender? you want to sit and bloviate about the Browns ineffectiveness to pass consistently when we are talking T. Rich running the ball/ The Browns are a ball control team. Let Screaming "Bigtubb" A. Smith school you a little bit. I am a sagacious fellow, yeah look it up in the dictionary, and a student of history. Teams who run the ball an play great/good defense tend to win in November and December. We are talking about the AFC NORTH here. The weather will give the Browns a substantial advantage by the playoffs. How many times did you mention the Browns defense: ZERO. The young boys are stepping up big-time. Paint the complete picture Skip "Crunk_Ness"....stop with the I'm always right because I point out the obvious. So the Browns are 5-5, the Steelers user is out of town this week (win for Browns), the Broncos will lose, the raiders will lose..that's 8 wins, if he loses to the chiefs that's 8-6..that leaves a game each with the Steelers and Redskins...if he loses both that would put him at worst 8-8. But, he would still win the division. Unless he losses this week versus the CPU he will win the division. If he makes it to the playoffs he will be a contender IMO. The 2010-2011 Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks prove that making the playoffs makes you a contender. The packers won it all while the Seahawks knocked off the defending Super Bowl Champs.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. majesty95

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Just trying to spice this up lol Jshaver don't let me down bruh...I don't want to have to face Skip Crunk_Ness Monday Morning,,,,,

• Like Like x 2
  8. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Stephen bigtubb_ Nay Smith that's asinine, asi-ten, asi-eleven, asi-thirteen, asi-fourteen... If the Browns make it to the playoffs it's stictly by default!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hopefully the Steelers Defense comes through for me and proves my point. Come Monday Morning I want to see Stephen bigtubb_ Nay Smith in studio and not via satellite like he usually does when he loses...LOL

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

And the Browns fans go home singing:

• Like Like x 1
  12. majesty95

Hmmm...I think we have found a new segment for the VFL Football Network :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Cold Pizza VFL Style

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Great job guys

I lol'd a few times.

• Like Like x 3