S1-W2 Bengals vs Browns

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Sep 22, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Bengals (1-0) met the Browns (1-0) for the 78th meeting between the two teams in this years 1st installment of the Battle of Ohio. Both teams are fresh from week 1 wins and both teams came out hopeful that after this game they would be the leader in the AFC North.​
    1st quarter
    The Bengals got the ball first, and came out firing with a nice drive that seen them advance the ball into the Browns territory. On 3rd and 8, Coach DU elected to suprise the Browns with a draw play to first year Bengal Benjarvus Green-Ellis. Behind good blocking the former Patriot bumbled and stumbled his way through the interior and broke free with nothing but green grass ahead and found the endzone for the games first TD. The Browns, led by rookie Brandon Weeden, began their first drive and were initially looking really great. They drove down to the redzone systematically, but disaster struck for the rookie when he attempted to hit his receiver in the endzone and Taylor Mays snatched the interception and returned it for a pick 6 (welcome to the NFL rook). Coming back out, the Browns once again put together a string of good plays, only for Weeden to throw another pick 6 to veteran CB Nate Clements. The high tech mics (high tech in the 80s) were able to overhear the conversation on the sidelines afterwards, and we caught this sound byte-​
    [​IMG] "Sheesh the DBs weren't this fast at Oklahoma St."​
    2nd quarter
    Both RBs found the endzone during the 2nd quarter. Richardson capped off a long drive by the Browns with a 1yd dive, and later BGJE caught a screen and took it for 48 yards and the score. Before the quarter was up Weeden added another interception to his stat sheet.​
    2nd half
    The 2nd half found neither team able to do much on offense, with the only points of the half being a FG for the Browns in the 3rd. The Bengals pounded the ball with the run for much of the half, just attempting to hang onto the lead. The Browns had some good looking drives, but dropped balls by the receivers, coupled with Weeden's inaccuracy just kept cutting the drives short. The Bengals secondary had a hay day on the rookie, finishing the day with a total of 5 interceptions. The Bengals D line and linebackers kept pretty good pressure on Weeden throughout the whole game and helped contribute to the bad day Weeden had. Trent Richardson had some good runs and looked pretty impressive this game.​
    FINAL SCORE
    [​IMG] 28
    [​IMG]10
    Players of the Game-​
    Offense​
    Benjarvus Green-Ellis-16 att, 71 yd 1 TD rushing, 1 rec 48 yd 1 receiving TD​
    [​IMG]
    Defense​
    Geno Atkins​
    4 tkl, 3 sack​
    [​IMG]
    GG dj illmatic 23 . Looking forward to this rivalrys next game!​

2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

GG. I had four plays cost me the game. The two pick 6's were all my fault though. I should have never thrown them. Drops killed me on both sides of the ball. I do not understand why I can't catch anything.

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

You are the Browns, i clearly understand why

• Like Like x 1
  4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

My Chiefs in GMFL drop the ball all the time too. Even Bowe, who's a 91 rated WR.

5. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Question - do you user a lot? If so, do you try to move as your catching the ball? That could be the reason.

Although, momentum I think is kind of extreme in this game. You find yourself on the bottom end and it can get ridiculous.

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I usually only try to user when i've thrown a bad pass and am trying to keep from having it intercepted. I've been thinking I need to start usering, because the drops are killing me:(

7. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

It seems like the CPU dictates drops sometimes if you let them. Yeah you should probably start usering. Only thing is, for some reason you can't strafe with WRs and the "Ball Hawk" feature is hit/miss at best.