S1/W2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Toledo 45
    Arkansas 42

This was a great game that came down to the last seconds. In the beginning, Toledo's offense looked rattled by the SEC crowd and couldn't do much as Arkansas raced out to a 16-0 lead but they did have their extra point blocked which proved costly in the end. Toledo added 3 long TD passes, one with 0:06 left in the half to take a 21-19. On Toledo's 1st possession, Arkansas took a bad pitch 31 yards for the score but missed the XP giving them a 25-21 lead and they later kicked a FG to go up 7. Fast forward to 5 minutes left and the score was 28-28, Toledo ball. Toledo scores to go up 35-28, but Arky took the ensuing kickoff to the house to tie it. Toledo raced down the field but had to settle on a short 22 yard FG with 1:43. Arkansas then easily scored with just 1:04 left to go up 42-38 and Toledo needed a TD. Toledo looked good as they passed well and even tossed in a few runs to get down the field. With 0:38 Terrence Owens took a huge 10-yard sack which forced them to use their last timeout on the 41 yard line. Toledo then completed 2 passes which set up a 1st and goal on the 6 with 0:18 left. Play 1, fade, incomplete, 0:10 left. Play 2, out route, incomplete, just 0:06 left. On the 3rd play, a fade was called, but HB Adonis Thomas was open in the slot and the pass barely got to him pass the LB as he toed the line for a score with 0:02 left to win it.

Terrence Owens (QB)- 22-41 for 343 yards, 5 TD, INT
    Adonis Thomas (WR)- 12 receptions for 75 yards, 5 receptions for 16 yards, TD
    Eric Page (WR)- 5 receptions for 107 yards, 3 TD
    Cordale Scott (WR)- 3 receptions for 82 yards, TD
    Terrell Anderson (MLB)- 9 tackles, INT, 2 PD

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

NIU Goes to War vs UCONN

neat... game froze after the postgame stuff.. was an epic 41-34 OT win...smfh

4. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Virginia Tech 34
    Ball State 24

Ball State played one of the best games in program history against the #13 Hokies. The Cardinals scored first after taking it slow - pounding the ball and using short routes. VT finally scored in the 2nd quarter behind RB Wilson and QB Thomas. The BSU defense couldn't do anything to stop them. On the ensuing kickoff, BSU retook the lead after a 92 yard run by Sykes for the first of 2 kickoff returns on the day. The Hokies got the ball back again and easily moved down the field , this time by Thomas's arm. At half time, BSU and VT were tied at 14.

On the Ball States first drive of the 2nd half, they couldn't get anything going. Wenning made an ill-advised throw that was intercepted at the 40 and returned 20 yards by the Hokie D. Thomas used his legs to get the Hokies into the redzone and Wilson took it the final 3 yards for the TD. Down 21-14, Sykes again returned another kickoff, this time 97 yards. The celebration was short lived as VT moved it down the field once again, but this time the defense held and the Hokies were forced to kick a FG to take the lead 24-21. The Cardinals fought back and moved the ball on the tough VT defense. Ball State looked like they could get into the redzone with a pass, but the line broke down and Wenning was sacked. Luckily they were able to still kick a field goal to tie it. With the ball and 3 minutes left, the Ball State defense had to step up. After a first down, the defense stiffened and forced a 3rd and 14. The defense was misaligned and Hokie WR Roberts sliced through the defense, caught the Thomas pass for a 43 yard TD. Ball State couldn't muster anything in their final drive, turned it over on their side of the field and the 'asshole Hokies' decided instead of running out the clock to kick a FG to go up 10.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Lol nothing against it BPHusker , but I really wish I could make kick returns harder.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Ghost when can you go? I'm free after 7 PM EST (or 3-6 pm est)

7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

lets play today @ 4 30 est

8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I normally have like 3 a year. I'm really surprised I got 2 in 1 game.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah, not necessarily you- but I remember one year Oshi took a bundle of them back which is just crazy. I'm just nit picky when it comes to sim stats (especially something like that) I would have done the same thing though I'm sure in the heat of the moment.

10. fuzzyl0gic

Sounds good.

11. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

[​IMG]

Bobcats Knock Off Bulldogs 34-24

Fresno, CA

The Bobcats went back onto the road for the second straight week with bad intentions for the Fresno State Bulldogs. After being man handled by Cal the previous week Ohio flexed some muscles of its own and pulled out a much needed win 34-24 win at Bulldog Stadium to go to 1-1 in the college football season.

The Bulldogs went up early and took the first quarter 7-0 but the Bobcats answered right back to begin the second quarter as RB Donte Harden scored from 6 yards out to make it 7-7. Fresno went back up on top and lead 14-7 but on the ensuing kickoff return, RB Ryan Boykin took it all the way back 98 yards to tie the contest at 14 all. Next both teams exchanged field goals and Rouse scored again for FS giving the Bulldogs a 24-17 lead at the half.

Ohio came out of the tunnel for the second half, forced a quick interception on the Bulldogs first drive, and RB Ryan Boykin capped it off with the 3rd quarters only score to once again tie the game up at 24 all. That’s when Coach Kellum’s adjustments began to take effect. The defense began to apply more pressure and created another turnover and shut down the potent FS running game. Meanwhile, the Bobcats on offense turned into a running machine chewing up yards and adding another 10 points to take the lead and the earn the victory.

“I’m proud of our boys.” said Coach Kellum. “They listened to what we’ve been preaching to them all week and they never gave up!”

Ohio 34
    Fresno St. 24

[​IMG]
    GAME NOTES:
    QB Tyler Tettleton 4/9 for 55 - 1 int
    RB Donte Harden 27/144 (1) td
    RB Ryan Boykin 10/36 (1) td + 98 yd kr td

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  12. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Central Michigan: 21
    Kentucky: 48
    FINAL

SEC speed was too much, OUCH! We'll lick out wounds and get back to the grind next week. :)

13. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

I hear that! Seems EVERYONE is faster than Ohio!

14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Western Michigan 31
    Houston 21

Western Michigan picks up a home win over the Cougars 31-21, but played far from perfect football. Star Quarterback Alex Carver struggled through the air throwing only 1 touchdown, and 2 interceptions, but did have 3 rushing scores, all from inside the 10 yard line. The Broncos were 1/9 on 3rd down conversions against a very soft defense, and will have to improve that if they're going to compete in the MAC. Houston tried not 1, but 2 fake punts in this game, converting 1 while the other fail incomplete. The Broncos held Heisman candidate and 8th year senior Case Keenum to under 200 yards passing and only allowed 1 touchdown, while picking him off once. Alex Carver was 19/42 for 400 yards but was sacked 6 times, and also had those 2 interceptions as mentioned. The Broncos never trailed in this game, and put the game out of reach with just over 2 minutes left when Alex Carver rushed for his final touchdown to give the Broncos a 17 point lead. Houston would score to cut it to 10 with a minute left, but could not recover the onside kick.

Note: This game was a pretty frustrating game. Houston ran the hurry up, but several times when they hurried, they'd just sit there and wait till 1 to snap the ball. I'd never seen that before. It wasn't at points where you'd think they'd want to run clock, especially since they were down the whole game. I don't mind dropping passes, or any of that, but I get ADD I guess when I have to sit and wait for the snap when there isn't a point to run the clock.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

That is how it was against Auburn. They would hurry up from time to time, wait awhile, and thennnnnnnnnnn run the ball. I was confused :confused:. Auburn was a lot easier than Mizzou because of it.

16. fuzzyl0gic

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Some of us work later then others.. advancing now...

18. fuzzyl0gic

Oh god Kasper did you get arrested again?! :cool:

19. fuzzyl0gic

I remember the days when you bitched at me for working late. :)

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

There is a ginormous difference between 6pm late and 3 am late.

21. fuzzyl0gic

Owls Put Away Zips in Second Half
    [​IMG]
    This game started off a defensive battle, with neither team scoring in the first. Temple had good field position, but couldn't manage to get in FG range. Finally they hit one through the uprights with 2:45 left to go in the second quarter. On Akron's next drive, HB Jawon Chrisholm caught a pass from Patrick Nicely on third down, and he found some space in the zone defense and ran up the field for a 58 yard TD right before the half.​
    Temple opened the second half with a nice looking drive, but they were once again held to a FG. Akron turned the ball over on their next drive, and Temple turned the mistake into points with a 58 yard TD pas to WR Malcom Eugene from Chester Stewart. Temple would score one more TD in the fourth, putting the zips away 20-3. They face Penn State next week. Good game Ghost.​

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Looks like it was a good one for the most part. I expected more offense out of Ghost !

23. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I almost won man i was driving on fuzzy to take the lead in the 4th with like 2 min left but the drive got stalled on his 20 i think :(