S1/W2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thanks for the patience fellas- advanced from my phone the second I got back into 3G coverage haha.

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Navy lost 33-7 against Notre Dame (1-0).
    This week, the Midshipmen will host ECU (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Matt Robinson has committed to Georgia
    - (****) HB Austin Overstreet has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Air Force Falcons (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Falcons were idle.
    This week, the Falcons will host Colorado (0-1).

=============== Louisville Cardinals (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Louisville won 35-10 against Kentucky (0-1).
    This week, the Cardinals travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Louisville targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Daniel Wright has committed to Louisville
    - (***) ROLB Robert Douglas has committed to Louisville
    - (****) WR Cody Thomas has committed to Louisville

=============== UCF Knights (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Knights were idle.
    This week, the Knights travel to San Diego to face the San Diego State Aztecs (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Jeff Brown has committed to Connecticut

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 27-3 against Wyoming (0-1).
    This week, the Aztecs will host UCF (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Willie Williams has committed to Oregon

=============== Houston Cougars (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Houston won 37-14 against Rice (0-1).
    This week, the Cougars travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Houston targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Karl Murphy has committed to Utah

=============== Connecticut Huskies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Connecticut won 38-28 against NC State (0-1).
    This week, the Huskies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Connecticut targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Jeff Brown has committed to Connecticut
    - (**) RG Mark Rhodes has committed to Toledo

=============== Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Rutgers won 30-27 against Pittsburgh (0-1).
    This week, the Scarlet Knights travel to Fayetteville to face the #7 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Rutgers targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Nick Andrews has committed to Georgia

=============== USF Bulls (1-0) ===============
    Last week, USF won 31-28 against FIU (0-1).
    This week, the Bulls travel to Muncie to face the Ball State Cardinals (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Ryan Inman has committed to Alabama

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State lost 35-26 against Tulsa (1-0).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Fort Collins to face the Colorado State Rams (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Fresno State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Scott McLaurin has committed to Arizona State
    - (***) WR Anthony Porter has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) WR Alex Justice has committed to Nevada

=============== SMU Mustangs (0-1) ===============
    Last week, SMU lost 49-35 against Baylor (1-0).
    This week, the Mustangs are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following SMU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Samson Louis has committed to SMU
    - (***) LOLB Tim Matthews has committed to Cal

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Ok. Just a head's up, my lawn guy is coming at 6 cst, so I may have to pause it for a few minutes to pay him when he gets done.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Louisville 35
    Tennessee 33

This game was a shootout early as Tennessee took a quick 10-0 lead 3 minutes into the game, but Louisville answered with a 55-yard pass from Bridgewater to Davis. Tennessee then added 2 FG's to go up 16-7 early in the 2nd and Louisville was having a tough time stopping their run game. UL was able to pound 1 more in the from the goal line late in the half to bring it to a 23-21 Tennessee halftime lead. On UL's 11st drive of the 3rd, backup QB Will Stein hit Eli Rogers on a 31-yard deep ball. Rogers and Stein both had good games as Stein spelled Bridgewater twice in this game and played even better than Bridgewater. A Louisville FG with 3:00 left in the game gave them a 32-26 lead but Tennessee came roaring back and scored quickly, but it was enough time for Louisville to get into FG range and hit a FGwith 0:09 left to clinch the tough road win.

Teddy Bridgewater (QB)- 15-31 for 274 yards, TD, INT
    Will Stein (QB)- 2-2 for 60 yards, TD
    Dominique Brown (HB)- 11 carries for 32 yards, TD
    Jeremy Wright (HB)- 4 carries for 28 yards, TD
    Eli Rogers (WR)- 6 receptions for 136 yards, TD
    Jarrett Davis (WR)- 55-yard TD reception
    Preston Brown (LB)- 12 tackles, 5 TFL
    Adrian Bushell (CB)- 7 tackles, TFL, 2 INT

• Like Like x 1
  5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

South Florida 34
    Ball State 17

Ball State gave USF everything they wanted and more. Ball State scored first with a 30 yard FG. USF bounced right back with a 75 yard TD, with at least 50 YAC to snatch the lead away. On the next Ball State drive, they tried a screen to the RB that was intercepted by big old DE Hill and returned for a TD to go up 14-3. The second quarter was all Ball State as they had no trouble at all scoring at will and shutting down the USF offense. Many times it looked like they BSU defense knew exactly what was being called. Ball State scored 14 points in the 2nd, all on the legs of RB Edwards. USF was able to get into the redzone, but was stopped on 2nd and 3rd down and goal at the 1 (again by psychic D-Coordinators) and USF took the lead with a FG.

In the 2nd half, both teams played great defense, not letting either get on the board until USF did with no time left in the 3rd - a Daniels pass to Dunkley to pull ahead 24-17. USF put the game out of reach with a 30 yard FG in the 4th and put the final nail in with a B.J. Daniels TD run following a turnover on 4th down deep in BSU territory.

B.J. Daniels - 10-16 191 yards 2TDs, 13 carries - 23 yards

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Navy 30
    ECU 28

After their atrocious display against ND the Navy Midshipmen decided to switch from their traditional option offense and decided to lean to a more balanced attack. They took on ECU in Annapolis and the switch of offensive scheme helped them greatly. Navy's defense gave up an early TD but they played lights out D for pretty much the rest of the first half. Navy's offense had a great day through the Air as Tre Miller threw for 276 yards 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Navy also rushed the ball well thanks to the legs of Gee Gee Greene. He ran the ball 17 times for 106 yards. But the real hero of this game was Pablo Beltran, when the offense failed to put any points on the board his strong leg took the load off of the Midshipmen. Beltran hit the GW field goal while Navy's offense struggled the whole second half.

7. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

San Diego St. Aztecs-28
    UCF Knights-17
    In the first conference battle in the new Big East, the two newest members squared off in San Diego. The Aztecs used this opprotunity to serve notice that their defense would be a force as they dominated the Knights 28-17. SDSU held UCF quarterback B. Bortles to 9-29 passing for only 93 yards and forced him to turn the ball over four times. Like the previous week, the Aztec defense allowed an early field goal. Once again, after this early field goal, the Aztecs would not let their opponent get near the end zone until the game was already decided.
    On offense, Aztec quarterback Ryan Katz had a much more pedestrian game than the week before. However, he still made several key throws when they were needed. Katz finished with two touchdown passes and a touchdown run, but he also threw two interceptions on poorly thrown balls. USC transfer Brice Butler introduced himself to the Aztec home crowd with a 50 yard touchdown reception in the first quarter. The biggest play of the game came on a controversial screen pass by UCF that was ruled a fumble. The Aztecs DT S. Meredith scooped the ball and scored giving SDSU a commanding 21-3 lead. Replays seem to show the quarterback's arm moving forward, but the play was not reviewed by officials. The win came at a cost for the Aztecs as they lost star HB Walter Kazee for at least 6 weeks with broken ribs. The win moves the Aztecs to 2-0 as they travel to Tempe to face Arizona St. next week. UCF falls to 0-1 after this opening week loss for them. They return home to face Fresno St. next week.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    SDSU WR Brice Butler: 3 receptions/ 78 yards/ 1 TD
    Defensive Player of the Game
    SDSU DT S. Meredith: 3 tackles/ 2 tackles for loss/ 1.5 sacks/ 1 fumble recovery/ 1 TD
    Play of the Game
    Link Below

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I enjoyed reading the write-ups guys, nice work. I'm going to write about my sorry ass performance in week one here in a bit. Bye weeks suck. :(

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

BPHusker I have to put my commish hat on for a sec... This goes for everyone too.

No reason to score that touchdown with no time left in the half. I know it is nit picky, but you guys know I can be a stickler for this stuff. If your up ten and win by ten there is no shame in that, just because it is a lowly team (Ball State in this case) doesn't mean you have to tack on one more touchdown.

BP, you know better I know- but maybe we just needed a quick refresher here.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Air Force got off to a really quick start thanks to a couple turnovers. LB Crooks made a great interception on Colorado's first play of the game, taking it to the house for 6. The Falcon defense would amp up and get a stop the next possession, and after some nice plays and a promising looking drive, AF had to settle for a field goal making it 10-0. The Buffalo's again looked sharp, as a HB swing pass hit the Colorado tail back in the back of his shoulder pads, and the pass was ruled a fumble which was recovered by LB Means. On the first play of the next drive, Air Force would score on a catch and run by RB XX.

Colorado came out sharper on their net drive, moving the ball to around midfield, however, backup safety Lindsay would snatch a pass and take it back for 6. The rest of the game was all Air Force.... and then it froze after the first quarter- was up 24-0...

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well in the official game, Air Force knocks of Colorado 30-7. The Buffs scored their lone touchdown on the Air Force young guns that got subbed in for the fourth quarter. CU QB Nick Hirschman went an astonishingly bad 7-23 for 109 yards and 3 interceptions, with the majorit of the yards coming against the aforementioned backups. Overall, the only word to describe the Buffs 102 yard totaling, 1-7 3rd down converting, 6 turnovers performance is just plain horrid.

Credit to the Falcons though, they came out with their new Wish/Flex/Wingbone offense and really took it to the Buffs, racking up 262 total yards which proved to be plenty. At this rate Colorado should have a horrid year, and Air Force will have their say in the conference race.

Write ups would be better, but its late and having to restart took the wind out of my sails.

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Steamer43 assuming we advance sometime tonight, can you play our week 3 game tonight? I have company in town Fri-Sat so I don't know if I could play then.

13. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

BPHusker

Get the eff out of my state. There's one good prospect in CT, so you better leave him alone. The negative recruiting has begun.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Houston 30
    UCLA 26

In a very sloppy game by the Houston offense, the Cougars pull out the close win 30-26 after trailing for most of the game. The Cougars had 7 turnovers in this one, 4 interceptions, and 3 fumbles, 2 of which that happened inside the 10 yard line. All 4 interceptions came close to the red zone as well. David Piland coming back from injury had a lackluster performance throwing 4 interceptions on the day, but did have over 400 yards passing and 4 touchdowns. With Pilland back, Charles Sims was a much smaller part of the offense only gaining 20 yards on the day. The fast pace, no huddle offense of UCLA had their QB throw the ball 56 times on the day, and didn't have one turnover. UCLA had a chance to win this one late in the game but couldn't convert on a 4th down attempt. Houston will take on UCONN next week in their Big East opener.

* This is my least favorite NCAA that I can remember. Hopefully it just needs time to grow on me, but the game is too broken for me to really enjoy right now.

15. aarondramp

Out of curiosity, what parts are too broken for you to enjoy right now? I'm not disagreeing with you...just wondering.

16. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Too many times I'll be in position to make a pick, beating the wr to the spot, and I won't get an animation, while the WR will get a spec catch animation. A lot of times in man coverage, it seems that the dbs/lbs are physic and know where my wr's are going. Just seems like man is a little overpowering this year. Kind of seems like linemen are overpowering this year a lot of the time. I could go on and on, but it's mainly on the defensive side of the ball when I have my guys in position to make the plays, and I either get no animation on the play, or the WR gets the spec catch animation.

17. aarondramp

Maybe it will even out some, my guys had 7 picks against NC State, so hopefully, there will be some balance.

18. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Make sure you have auto-straffe turned off. For whatever reason players don't react well when you user them with it on. I was unable to even make my players perform the swat animation with auto-staffe on.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This helps a ton Philstyle3005

I agree with Aaron too- I was picking Colorado off left and right- pass commit helps a ton too Phil- makes your CPU db's actually play the ball an make catches.

20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'll try the auto strafe thing out. I'm mainly talking about what would happen in our game we played. The deep balls thrown, I get there first with my db, strafe up and don't get an animation. I don't mind if it's a jump ball and I lose it, but I just want an animation. Hopefully it's the auto strafe thing, if it's on by default, I left it on because I haven't messed with any settings.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

When I am user defending I have started to just tap y repeatedly until I get some animation. Now wether or not that helps idk, possibly worth a look.

22. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Kasper I'm now officially on vacation until Sunday night. I'll still be poking my head in around the site, and I'll try to do my recruiting online. I'm sure Arizona St. will kill me in a simmed game. I'm just praying I don't have any injuries.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

10-4 ghost rider.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Advance tonight fellas - Steamer43 and aarondramp get it done and get a summary up.

I've already talked to fuzzball about his slacker ass

25. aarondramp

Here's my summary: the Huskies had a great bye week and did some recruiting and scouting.

Is that sufficient for a bye week summary? I think all that corn has messed with your head.

• Like Like x 2