S1 W3 Bengals vs Redskins

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Sep 24, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Jul 8, 2012
    In Week 3 the Bengals traveled to Fed Ex Field in the nations capitol to face RG III and the Washington Redskins. The Bengals were coming off of back to back division wins against the Ravens and Browns, while the Skins were coming off of back to back losses to the Saints and the Rams.​

The game started out pretty slow actually, with both teams having to punt on their first drives. The Skins were forced to punt again on their 2nd drive and pinned the Bengals on their 6 yard line. Dalton gave the ball to Bernard Scott for a short run that gained 3 on 1st. On 2nd down the Bengals came out of the huddle with another run called to get out of the shadow of their own endzone, but Dalton seen the safety sneaking up into the box, and man coverage on A.J. Green. Dalton audibled Green into a streak, and Green beat the press and caught the ball in mid-stride for a 91 yd TD (his first of the year). The rest of the quarter was spend trading punts. End of the first the score was Bengals-7 Redskins-0​

The 2nd quarter the Bengals played extremely well. The defense was putting enormous pressure on RG III, getting a couple of sacks, and when he did get the ball off it was usually earlier than he wanted to. The Bengals put together a solid drive and got it to the 2 yd line, as Dalton dumped the ball over the middle to J.Gresham for a score. Washington fired back with a good drive of their own, but was stalled out and only came away with 3. A.J. Green would find the endzone again on the Bengals next drive. A 10 yd curl route turned into a 42 yard TD when CB D'Angelo Williams missed the tackle and the safeties were nowhere to be found. After another failed drive by the Skins, the Bengals once again found theirselves deep in their own territory after a great punt. Bernard Scott, who's failed to impress the coaching staff all year, got his name called on a toss play and broke free for a 85 yard TD. The woes just kept coming for the Redskins, as RG III was picked off by SS Taylor Mays who returned the ball to the Bengals 15 yd line. A few plays later The Lawfirm Benjarvus Green-Ellis plowed his way through the middle to tack on another Bengals TD to close out the first half. Halftime score was Bengals- 35 Redskins- 3​

The Bengals benched their starters at the beginning of the 2nd half to give the 2nd stringers some playing time. The remainder of the game was spent with the Bengals chewing the clock running the ball.​

Final Score:​

Player of the Game-
    A.J. Green
    2 rec, 133 yards, 2 TD

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Mar 17, 2011
    Was not much of a contest , not too familiar with my roster and I played like crap. Next time I will try to give you more of a contest lol.

Good game though & good luck rest of the season.

On a side note I was surprised how badly the Washington WR's played , struggled to get open all game