(S1: W3) Coach's Corner

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Zikry, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]
    It is my pleasure to introduce the first of hopefully many interviews of the head coaches here in VFL. What better place to start this than having majesty95 take the hot seat and answer a few questions! So without further ado​
    1. First off tell us a bit about yourself.

My name is Mike and I've been gaming since the early 90's. In addition to the VFL, I also run an NCAA dynasty on a non-TSO site. During the NCAA 12 year, we completed six season in that dynasty and are early on in our second season for NCAA 13.

2. How did VFL come to fruition and how have the first weeks gone as the commish?

The VFL was actually the brainchild of Saintraw who asked to run a league here on TSO when he joined last month. However, some things came up for him and the VFL needed someone new to carry the torch. The member of the VFL elected me to take over and I've tried to build off of what Saintaw started.

3. You decided to go with the Vikings. Tell us about why and how you see your team doing this year.

I chose the Vikings because they are my favorite team and the last team to fill when we originally drafted teams. Originally, I have the 49ers but I actually prefer to build a team instead of inheriting a powerhouse. I also believe that members are more engaged when they are playing with a team they like, so I glady gave up the 9ers which allowed a few other users to also change teams to organizations that fit them better.

As far as how I see us doing? Well, originally I figured we would be battling for the rights to the 1st pick in the draft. However, a week two win over Indy and a real life win over the 49ers has me hoping to at least compete for a playoff spot in year one.

4. What would you label as your team's position of strength? Also, if you would like to share your team's position of weakness feel free to, but I know you coach's don't like giving away too much information.

Obviously, AD is the nucleus of our offense. We go as AD goes. However, our defensive ends can be problematic for teams as well so we can be a threat defensively. As far as weaknesses? Its probably being irked by people who call AD > AP. Adrian Peterson's nickname is AD, as in "All Day", the nickname given to him by his father. It frustrates me that people have tried to change it to AP. He's not T.O. dammit! :)

5. If you could have one player from any of the other 31 teams who would it be and why?

Probably RG3. He's got a big arm and can run but also the skills to pass from the pocket. He's kind of like Cam Newton without the cockiness and scandal. As much as I like Christian Ponder and think he will do big things for us, it would be hard to turn down Griffin is he was available.

6. If you could change one thing in the VFL what would it be?

Communication from the owners. We all get along well in the forums, but there has been some communication issues in scheduling games and a few complaints of rules not being followed. I'd like to see everyone communicate effectively when trying to schedule games and the users to work with each other so that nobody feels they anyone is purposely neglecting the rules. In a perfect world, everyone works together and I get to sit back and work on building championships :D
    *Thanks coach for spending some time with us. Good luck to you and your team this season and hope to see bigger and better things over in Minnesota in the near future*

• Like Like x 5
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

If anyone wants to be a part of this just lemme know. If not then I'll just have to send out these questions randomly and hope the owner(s) responds. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

i would like 2 i kinda did my own post game interview in my latest game summary awhile ago

• Like Like x 1
  4. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

the idea is awesome i was kinda thinking the same thing :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

ill take a look at it and try to get you some different questions. I'll send you a PM tomorrow to give you enough time to answer them before the next advance. Thanks for volunteering.

6. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

cool

7. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I would be up for it as well whenever you need someone.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I'll look for you for the week 5 edition. Thanks for volunteering.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

Love the idea, and I'd also be up for it whenever you're looking for someone new.

• Like Like x 2
  10. slicknick202

slicknick202 Walk On

im up for it as well

• Like Like x 2
  11. fpuent

fpuent Walk On

I am up for it if needed. I would even be willing to talk about how the Bengals would consider bringing back Cris Collinsworth out of retirement...

• Like Like x 2