S1/W3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Cardinals Prevail Behind 5 Interceptions and 400 yards on the Ground

Ball State 29
    Buffalo 21

The Cardinals returned home after a disappointing loss to #13 Virginia Tech. The close loss showed the team that they can hang with anyone. That toughness showed tonight as the Ball State Cardinals leaned on their 2 headed attack of Williams and Sykes with an appearance of the secondary.

Ball State scored first with a 20 yard Kovanda field goal to go up 3-0. Buffalo scored on the following drive with a 50 yard rip by B. Oliver. The defense looked out of whack on that play as he zigged and zagged around the Cardinals defense. Ball State didn't stay down for long as they roared back and chipped into the Bulls lead with a 44 yard field goal to pull within 1 at 7-6. The defense held forced a Bulls punt that was beautifully kicked into the coffin corner and went out of bounds at the 2. Ball State didn't worry one bit after they assumed a blitz and ran a draw to Williams who cut it upfield and ran past the whole defense on a 98 yard touchdown run to go up 13-7. The defenses both toughened up and stopped their opponents offenses to go into the half.

Buffalo got the ball back to start the 2nd half - and it didn't start that great. Bulls Backup QB Zordich was intercepted on their first drive, which led to a 42 yard BSU field goal to extend their lead 16-7. That 9 point lead didn't last long as Zordich and the Bulls offense fought back and threw all over the BSU defense and scored to make it 16-14. Ball State made their biggest error on the night on their next drive when QB Wenning tried to toss a ball into the secondary to get it to Tomlinson. His errant pass was intercepted and returned for 70 yards to give Buffalo a 21-16 lead. BSU roared back with Sykes starting off the next drive with a 51 yard run that he almost took all the way. The tackled just delayed the inevitable as Ball State scored 6 plays later (but failed the conversion) to pull ahead 22-21. The Cardinal defense came up big on their next play grabbing their 4th interception of the game of the Buffalo QBs. The interception made at the 3 yard line, but like Williams earlier, Sykes didn't let it get to him as he took the toss 97 yards (after breaking 2 tackles) which would be the winning touchdown to extend the lead 29-21. Buffalo had a final drive to try for the tie but Zordich was intercepted again.

RBs Williams and Sykes combined for 406 yards rushing and 3 TDs on the day. The BSU secondary intercepted the Buffalo QBs 5 times - 3 for Pinkston and 2 for Hoke.

Good game -Cougars-.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Defense's Take Vacation:

Miami(OH) traveled to Minnesoda today and took on the pesky Golden Gophers. Both defenses tried their hardest to give up the most passing yards (Miami) and rushing yards (Minnesoda) in one game. Well I'm stretching just a smidgen but that is how the game felt. To start things off the Gophers drove down the heart of the Redhawks defense. They capped it off when WR Malcolm Moulton caught and then juked out 3, and yes I said THREE, Redhawk's out of their shoes for an easy 28 yard TD. Miami would start off hot but were stopped and had to kick a 22 yard FG. They would then make a stop forcing the Gophers to punt. On the first play of the drive Miami QB Zac Dysert did a PA Rollout finding WR Andrew Cruse over the middle for a 44 yard TD pass. Minnesoda took the ball immediately done field scoring 31 seconds later on a 32 yard pass from QB Max Shortell. In the second quarter Miami exploded for 24 points by setting up the pass from a heavy dose if running. After Redhawk RB Erik Finklea busted an 82 yard run the Gophers put a target on his head. QB Dysert was happy to see this because on two different occasions he caught Minnesoda on all out blitzes. He made them pay dearly by throwing an 18 and 12 yard strike to finish the half up 34-21.

Miami was sitting pretty because they knew they could put away the Gophers quickly if they could score in the opening half drive. Minnesoda had other plans by blowing up a PA Play forcing Dysert to throw a ball the got tipped and then picked. The Gophers struck quick pulling within 6 points. Redhawk WR Andrew Cruse received his 3rd TD of the game off a flag route. Dysert saw the safety come up on a blitz and with the safety vacating his area and Cruse's routing running ability, it turned out to be a piece of cake TD with 3 minutes left in the 3rd. In the 4th Quarter Miami could not put Minnesoda away until the very end by none other a defensive stop. Finklea would open up the quarter with a 2 yard TD, making it his second of the day. The Gophers kept fighting and was able to put up 14 points making the score 47-42. The Redhawk offense kicked it into another gear and just kept handing the rock to the two head running monster of Finklea and Jones. It was wearing down the defense and finally Jones broke free for a 49 yard TD. Miami ROLB Chris Wade caused the only turnover on the day at one of the best times of the game, at the end. He read QB Shortwell going down the seam and was able to step right in front of the awaiting WR. The running game would blast their way down field to setup a 39 yard FG from Mason Krysinki. Miami would make another stop but was unable to run out the clock and kicked a 36 yard FG with 5 seconds left. The clock would run out on the ensuing kickoff and Miami escaped with another road win.

Next week conference play begins for Miami and they will host the Bowling Green Falcons!

FINAL SCORE: 60-42
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Erik Finklea- 24 Att, 213 yards, 2 TDs

4. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

[​IMG]

Athens, Ohio

Bobcats Roll Over Herd 37-0

The home opener for the Bobcats provided a much needed thrashing of bitter rival and the struggling Thundering Herd of Marshall 37-zip, improving Ohio's record to 2-1 for the season. Sadly the Herd were never even in this contest and only crossed the 50 yard line one time, on the 3rd quarter opening kickoff return for 90 yards. The following play, Bobcats CB Mose Denton snatched an errant Marshall option pitch out of the air and returned it 92 yards for the score, putting Ohio firmly in control 17-0. Later in the 4th quarter, CB Denton would again make his presence known by intercepting Marshall and returning it 21 yards for his second score of the day.

"We played great on Defense today and our offense made some special plays so I'm happy with that." said Coach Kellum. Then the Coach added, "But our O-line, the O-line played like a bunch of ~!@#$! Seriously this is my challenge to them to man up and stop playing with their skirts hiked above their heads all game long."

Marshall also announced a change at QB and Phil Yates will be the Bobcats starter as he replaced Tettleton and went 5/12 for 124 yards which included a 70 yard td pass.
    [​IMG]

GAME NOTES:
    RB Donte Harden 28/80 (1) td
    Marshall Held to (1) First Down and 9 Total Yards of Offense
    MARSHALL SUCKS
    (imagine reading that on a sports page stat sheet!)
    PLAYER OF THE GAME
    CB Mose Denton 3 tackles (1) int for td (1) fumble rec for td

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Boise State Embarrassed

Toledo 52
    Boise St. 3

Nothing went well for Boise State, and they almost got shutout m a MAC team. Toledo made almost no mistakes all game and won the turnover battle 5-0 and the total yards battle 498-234 over a team that had intentions of winning a National Title this year. Toledo led 24-0 at half and never looked back behind QB Terrence Owens, who had another huge game, accounting for 4 passing TDs and 1 rushing that came from 40 yards out on a shotgun speed option. Kellen Moore also threw 5 picks for Boise which didn't really help them much.

Terrence Owens (QB)- 19-32 for 326 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 14 carries for 47 yards, TD
    Austin Danton (QB)- 4-4 for 74 yards, TD, 0 INT
    Adonis Thomas (HB)- 9 carries for 45 yards, 51-yard TD reception
    Eric Page (WR)- 6 receptions for 114 yards, 2 TD
    James Green (WR)- 3 receptions for 65 yards, 2 TD
    Terrell Anderson (MLB)- 12 tackles, 2 TFL, sack
    Desmond Morrow (CB)- 4 tackles, 2 INT
    Ibrahim Yayah (CB)- 3 tackles, INT, TD

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

yeah couldn't believe it myself. Best I've ever played in a CPU game by far

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

NIU Loses in OT at home against Wisconsin.

I'm so heartbroken atm.. :''(

Turnovers doomed us-- also my QB is out for 11 weeks

:rolleyes: Montee Ball averaged 20 a carry I think

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Temple loses to PSU 77-56 or something crazy like that. Threw 700 yards and 6 TDs/ NINE INTs. The spread isn't working out so well against talented CPU teams on Heisman :/

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

holy shit fuzzy... NINE?

NINE?

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kasper is there a phone # list PM for this and could I get invited to it. If not, we probably should with so many user games

12. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

IrishBearcat Let me know when you can go. My times for tomorrow are early in the morning before 1 central, then won't be able to play again till around 8 central. Would have to start in time to be done by 10 central though. I know it's a weird schedule, but that's how things have been for me lately man.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'll start one up.. good idea.

15. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

LOL DAM

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself