S1/W3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We're at week 3 fellas, nice job with week 2 it went quick. One thing I would like note, lets get our summaries better (I'm regarding to myself here the most I think). Take that extra 5 minutes to put together a solid wrap up of your game- if you want a website that is great for them try TECLEM

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Navy won 30-28 against ECU (1-1).
    This week, the Midshipmen travel to University Park to face the Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Rodney Mosley has committed to Navy

=============== Air Force Falcons (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Air Force won 30-7 against Colorado (0-2).
    This week, the Falcons travel to Honolulu to face the Hawai'i Warriors (1-0).

=============== Louisville Cardinals (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Louisville won 35-33 against Tennessee (1-1).
    This week, the Cardinals are idle.

=============== UCF Knights (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UCF lost 28-17 against San Diego State (2-0).
    This week, the Knights will host Fresno State (1-1).

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (2-0) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 28-17 against UCF (0-1).
    This week, the Aztecs travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (1-1).

=============== Houston Cougars (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Houston won 30-26 against UCLA (0-2).
    This week, the Cougars travel to East Hartford to face the Connecticut Huskies (1-0).

=============== Connecticut Huskies (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Huskies were idle.
    This week, the Huskies will host Houston (2-0).

=============== #21 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Rutgers won 31-21 against Arkansas (1-1).
    This week, the Scarlet Knights travel to Tampa to face the USF Bulls (2-0).

=============== USF Bulls (2-0) ===============
    Last week, USF won 34-17 against Ball State (0-2).
    This week, the Bulls will host #21 Rutgers (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Yusef Brant has committed to USF

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State won 28-17 against Colorado State (1-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Orlando to face the UCF Knights (0-1).

=============== SMU Mustangs (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Mustangs were idle.
    This week, the Mustangs will host Texas A&M (1-1).

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Steamer43 I will post and text you Saturday to come up with a game time, but if for some reason you can play withing the next 1.5 hour let me know.

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The Midshipmen can breathe easy after a win against Penn State, 35-26. The Midshipmen started the season rough against rival Notre Dame going down 33-7. But after the offense change things are looking bright and it showed. Navy is a run first team and they are picking apart defenses when they need to throw the ball. So you can call it a balanced attack. Navy traveled to Pennsylvania to play the Nittany Lions. The experts expected Penn State to run away with this one but Navy played spoiler and beat Penn State. The Midshipmen relied on the legs of Bo Snelson, and Gee Gee Greene. Bo rushed for 113 yards while Gee Gee ran for 147 yards. Even our QB Trey Miller had a 13 yard QB draw TD run. This game was all Navy. The defense played well and made stops when it mattered the most. The Midshipmen get ready to enjoy their week and get ready for UCF next week to start Big East play.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Air Force and Hawai'i Go To War On In Honolulu- Ends In OT

This game was expected to be a dandy, and boy did it live up to the hype. Air Force came into this game with all the confidence in the world after smashing Colorado a week before in front of their home crowd, but they came out some kind of flat. Call it jet lag or whatever, they found themselves down 14-0 early in the second quarter after some abysmal defense coupled with some nice catches by Hawaii receivers. Finally the Falcon defense settled in and got a stop, and freshman return RB Devin Rushing put together a nice 26 yard return to set his team up around midfield. The very next play Air Force looked deep to their man Brandon Hirneise, and the 6'0 senior hauled in the 58 yard strike for the touchdown (the previous drive had a ball just barely miss him).

The next drive Hawaii tried to get a two minute drill going, and had just crossed midfield on what looked to be a promising drive. Next thing you knew Air Force CB Cody Miller was racing down the sideline for a 40 yard pick six. The Warriors were able to mount a good drive to answer though, and found themselves up 21-14.

"We knew our defense had to get better, and we definitely have some work to do after this game," stated Coach Kasper after the game. "We played very poorly at times on that side of the ball and looked undisciplined."

The third quarter was quiet with both teams unable to get a lot of offense going, but AF capped a nice drive off with a 4 yard TD run by WB Cody Getz to make it 21 all.

Getz would again find paydirt in the fourth quarter, this time from 1 yard out to give his team the lead. However, the Hawaii Warriors were not to be denied in front of their home crowd and they put together a great late touchdown drive finished with a 3 yard touchdown run by Iosefa. Air Force couldn't get anything going and off to overtime we went. What happened was pure magic.

"I told [linebacker] Alex [Means] to step up and lead this defense like he is expected to do all year-- the hell if he didn't do just that," said Kasper after the game.

Air Force won the toss and chose to play defense first. On the first play of overtime, senior standout linebacker Alex Means stepped in front of a pass and raced 87 yards for the game winning touchdown. 34-28 Air Force.

---------------------------

AF Stat leaders

QB Connor Dietz: 7-11,113,1TD,1INT,10 for 9 yards

FB Mike DeWitt: 10 for 48 yards

WB Wes Cobb: 7 for 60 yards

Game winna:

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

6. Hokie Effect

We play week 4, crossing my fingers we advance by Sunday. I am heading out of town Monday-Friday. Would you be able to play Sunday night if we are advanced?

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yep

8. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Philstyle3005

I already have 2 games lined up today. Can you play tomorrow night?

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

How does that 3star QB look -Cougars- ? Would like to hear about any recruits everyone signs, even if its just a short blurb of who signed with your school each week (thats for everyone). If no one signs then don't worry, but if you pick a guy up let us know you just found a gem, or maybe you found a guy who is a bust compared to schools like Bama or Oklahoma, but has a chance to make a splash with your school!

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Ok, I will write something up when I get home.

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Tomorrow evening if it's before 6 central, yes. Saturday night, no.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lol

[​IMG]

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

p.s. folks, dont forget to keep them spreadsheets updated it you have a minute. Don't take much and easier than scrambling to do it at the end of the year.

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Whoa racist!

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lol I was thinking the exact same thing, good catch.

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]

Navy gets their first commit of the season landing Rodney Mosley. He is coming from Colorado to play in Maryland. Both have cold climates so he should have no problem making the change. Mosley is a pocket passer both of his arm power and accuracy (81) can use some work before he sees any playing time on the field. This was a huge pick up since the Midshipmen don't have any good backup QB's on their depth chart.

17. aarondramp

What's your availability for tonight through Sunday night, and I'll make something work.

18. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

sawemoff and I will be playing on Sunday.

19. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

So this bye week's going to take over 3 days

20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'll be in Dallas tonight so that's a no go. Saturday, I should be back around 2 or 3 central, and free until around night time. Sunday, I'll be around the house early in the morning, then I'm busy from 4-930 central or so. Then I'm free

21. aarondramp

I'm busy during the day Saturday and Sunday. Let's plan on Sunday at 9:30 central/10:30 eastern.

Should that be alright? Kasper

22. Hokie Effect

Boo!! Me no like 4 day advances are unacceptable. So -Cougars- unless you can play first thing Monday morning you get the cpu.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#FirstWorldProblems

Any chance you guys could hit that morning time Philstyle3005 mentioned he had a shot at?

24. aarondramp

Philstyle3005

I will try to work it out for Sunday during the day. I will send you a text and see what we can work out.

• Like Like x 1
  25. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Jimmy Clausen still has eligibility?

• Like Like x 1