S1/W4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 6, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  2. fuzzyl0gic

sawemoff plays Steamer43 this week, the rest are CPU games. Let's make this a quick advance.

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

• Like Like x 1
  4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Could you play tonight or tomorrow around 12 noon - 2 PST?

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I can playy right now Steamer43

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Redhawks Cruise in Conference Opener:

Miami looked great in their opener against Bowling Green today. The game was well in the hands of the Redhawks and at times showed how dominating they can be. To open things up Bowling Green received the kickoff, only to punt it right back after a quick 3 and out. Miami drove down the field with their ground attack until on a 3rd and 7. QB Zac Dysert dotted a pass right to WR Willie Culpepper for an easy 52 yard TD pass. The balanced attack would strike again after the Redhawk's defense made another stand. The running game setup the second TD thrown by Dysert, this time he found WR Andy Cruse off of a corner route. Cruse would make one defender miss and then it was off to the races for a 68 yard TD. Bowling Green would then make it interesting by scoring an early 2nd Quarter TD. QB Matt Schilz found his superstar wideout Kamar Jorden for a 22 yard TD pass. Jorden's speed enabled him to leave both the corner and the safety behind. Miami would quickly get down field using a good mix of play action and the run to finally punch it from 2 yards out. Then disaster struck for Bowling Green. Bowling Green's RB Jordan Hopgood fumbled the ball giving the Redhawks great field position. Dysert would then cap the half off by finding WR Chris Givens for a 25 yard TD pass. The half ended 28-7 Miami.

Miami would receive the ball to open the half. That is when they would stick the fork into Bowling Green. RB Erik Finklea broke free on a run on the left side for his second score of the game. After the score Miami would just run the ball the rest of the game, but Bowling Green did their best to get back into it. QB Matt Schilz would find two different WRs from 31 and 17 yards out. On a failed onside kick and a turnover on downs Miami would run the clock out and claim their first MAC victory. Zac Dysert and Erik Finklea showed the conference that they can be a fabulous duo. Dysert may not have gotten player of the game but he deserved some of the spotlight by going 7-8 225 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTS and had a QB Rating of 449.5.

The Redhawks will not have another conference game until week 7, but they do look forward to battling for the Victory Bell against in state rival Cincinnati next week.GG Steamer43

FINAL SCORE: 35-21
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Erik Finklea- 27 Attempts, 179 yards, 2 TDS

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well Buffalo's losing cruise continue as we lose to UCONN 29-22. I don't what it will take for my team to turn it around and play like winners but I don't see that happening anytime soon lol. 1-11 anyone?

9. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Anyone know if I have a user game this week?

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

NIU gets a nice win at home vs KState. Chandler Harnish went a solid 17-25 for 200 some yards. He tossed a pair of picks and didn't throw any TD's, but I felt he really did do a good job for the most part. The throws that got picked were: 1) picked by their best DB, Zimmerman and 2) Both cases of me trying to get a ball deep to a guy one on one.. so no worries with them; he was very accurate all game. The running game was going well with the new Nevada offense, HB Jasmin Hopkins had 139 yards on 13 attempts and a TD, Harnish had 38 yards on 10 attempts including a nice 10 yard TD read option run. Cameron Bell did a good job in short yardage downs in the Jumbo packages as he scored a touchdown as well and had 7 yards on 5 attempts. Martel Moore had 100 yards on 4 catches- Moore has 331 yards and 2 TDs so far on the year and has emerged as the top receiver. TE Jason Schepler has also been solid snagging 16 balls for 193 yards and proing to be a tough matchup.

Like I said, was a good win and we are ready for conference play to open up conference play at Central Michigan next week.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Who is in this league, you or BakerWildcat7 .. figure it out with him in a pm and let me know. I thought you were leaving, fuzzy wanted me to get baker in then since thats what we thought.

I'm fucking confused..

12. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I'm still planning on bein a part of the oc....

• Like Like x 1
  13. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I dropped out of the TMFL because I don't have time for multiple leagues.

If baker wants to keep my spot, that's fine. I know he's been waiting patiently to get into a league.

14. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Good look irish I appreciate it

15. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

[​IMG]

Piscataway, N.J.

Bobcats Lose Heart Breaker At Rutgers 45-34

In a game that had all the makings of CPU shenanigans Ohio traveled to N.J. and was handed their second loss of the season by the Scarlet Knights 45-34. In a rain soaked contest it just seemed like the Bobcats were running in sand compared to the Knights as Rutgers went up early and controlled the game at half 24-3. The Bobcats regrouped and managed to force turnovers and put up 17 points in the 3rd qtr just to get some what back into the game. In the end Rutgers Freshman QB Nova looked more like he was possessed by the spirit of John Elway and sadly for the Bobcats they seemed to be controlled by Ray Finkle.

Upon leaving the field Coach Kellum said, "Well this was an experience and that's about all I can say about it..."

[​IMG]
    GAME NOTES:
    Phil Yates 16/32 252 (1) td (-2) int
    RB Donte Harden 19/65 (2) td
    Both QB's were sacked 5 times each
    PLAYER OF THE GAME
    RUTGERS - QB Gary Nova 18/34 for 291 (3) tds
    Played Like A Man Possessed

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  16. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Kasper I will not be able to play till Monday I know Advance is Sunday but i can play Monday Morning/Afternoon. I really want to play this game vs WVU with my new offense and rather not take a sim.

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Toledo 44
    Syracuse 27

Toledo didn't look like the same team who destroyed Boise St. 52-3 last week, but they played well enough to get a pretty solid win on the road at Syracuse. Toledo dealt with some injuries this game, with star WR Eric Page going out for the game as well as starting QB Terrence Owens, who didn't play too well anyways as he threw his 2nd INT of the season. A Syracuse FG on the 1st play of the 2nd quarter left Toledo up 7-6, and then they exploded in the 2nd quarter taking a 31-13 lead going into halftime which would be enough to win the game. Syracuse did score late to bring the game the deficit to 14, but a Toledo FG would end all hopes.

Terrence Owens (QB)- 9-20 for 157 yards, TD, INT, 13 carries for 19 yards
    Adonis Thomas (HB)- 18 carries for 126 yards, TD, 3 receptions for 6 yards, TD
    Eric Page (WR)- 3 receptions for 102 yards, TD
    Terrell Anderson (MLB)- 7 tackles, sack, INT

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Since its easter i spose..

• Like Like x 1
  19. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Cardinals Grab The Game Late And Hang On

Ball State 27
    Army 17

Ball State trailed from the start, but was able to chip away and pull ahead late. Army was able to move the ball rather easily and took the lead early by a 32 yard TD run by FB Steelman. Ball State was able to move the ball deep in Army territory, but were turned away on a 3rd and short and were forced to kick a FG to get on the board: 7-3. Army drove down the field again with their triple option attack and kicked a FG to extend their lead to 7 once again. BSU got the ball back with a minute left and was driving. After a holding call that was accepted, WR Tomlinson got behind the secondary and backup QB Page was able lob the ball downfield on a rope that was caught for a TD. Cardinals tie it up on the last play of the half 10-10.

The Cardinals got the ball back first in the 2nd half, but were forced to punt after a 3 and out. Army got the ball back and once again moved down the field easily, behind triple options and play action passes. RB Brown was able to break off a 23 yard TD run to take back the lead 17-10. BSU kicker Kovanda pulled the Cardinals within 4 after kicking a season long 50 yard FG. The Ball State defense came up big on the next Army drive as they were able to intercept an Army pitch and have an opportunity to put the game away. The offense was able to take the lead 20-17. Army struggled to move the ball after getting it on the Ball State side of the field and was forced to go for it on 4th. Their pass was swatted away and BSU took over possession and were able to score again to extend their lead to 10 and put the game out of reach.

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Conference play is about to really get going next week. Fuzzy, I won't even tag you b/c I'm pretty sure we'll find a time to play on a weekday afternoon whenever we advance.

Are we planning on keeping a 48-hour advance with all the user games I hope?

21. fuzzyl0gic

Do we play next week? I should be home by 10 PM EST tonight, so hopefully we're advanced and can play then. BakerWildcat7 you have an invite btw.

As for the 48 hour advance thing, yes, I sure hope so.

22. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Depends on what Kasper decided to do with ghost saying he can't play tonight. If we do advance Monday night, I have class Tuesday at 5:15-6:45 and that's it besides offseason in AM from midnight-2 am

23. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah apparently we are advancing early Monday afternoon, I'm off so I can go whenever. What works for you?

24. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Monday, class from 2:30-3:30 and I could play after that, hopefully between 3:30 and 6?

25. fuzzyl0gic

Alright let's shoot for 4 pm est?

• Like Like x 1