S1/W4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Advance Deadline: Tuesday 5 PM EST

Philstyle3005
    fuzzyl0gic
    BPHusker
    sawemoff
    -Cougars-
    Steamer43
    Hokie Effect
    dj illmatic 23 - I couldn't justify waiting any longer on a CPU game.
    aarondramp
    Kapono

User games arrrre: Cougs at Hokie, Saw at Phil, BP at Fuzz,

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.
    =============== Navy Midshipmen (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Navy won 35-26 against Penn State (1-1).
    This week, the Midshipmen travel to Orlando to face the UCF Knights (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Preston Hicks has committed to San Diego State
    =============== Air Force Falcons (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Air Force won 34-28 against Hawai'i (1-1).
    This week, the Falcons will host #22 Cincinnati (2-0).
    =============== Louisville Cardinals (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Cardinals were idle.
    This week, the Cardinals travel to Miami to face the FIU Golden Panthers (2-1).
    =============== UCF Knights (1-1) ===============
    Last week, UCF won 31-17 against Fresno State (1-2).
    This week, the Knights will host Navy (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Brad Bray has committed to Florida State
    =============== San Diego State Aztecs (2-1) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State lost 31-0 against Arizona State (2-1).
    This week, the Aztecs will host San Jose State (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Preston Hicks has committed to San Diego State
    =============== Houston Cougars (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Houston won 41-10 against Connecticut (1-1).
    This week, the Cougars will host #21 Rutgers (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Houston targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR J.T. Curry has committed to TCU
    - (***) C Martin McKinney has committed to Mississippi State
    - (***) K Drew Ferguson has committed to LSU
    =============== Connecticut Huskies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Connecticut lost 41-10 against Houston (3-0).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Kalamazoo to face the Western Michigan Broncos (2-0).
    =============== #21 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Rutgers won 20-3 against USF (2-1).
    This week, the Scarlet Knights travel to Houston to face the Houston Cougars (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Rutgers targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Patrick Reid has committed to Rutgers
    =============== USF Bulls (2-1) ===============
    Last week, USF lost 20-3 against Rutgers (3-0).
    This week, the Bulls travel to Dallas to face the SMU Mustangs (1-1).
    =============== Fresno State Bulldogs (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State lost 31-17 against UCF (1-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host FCS West .
    =============== SMU Mustangs (1-1) ===============
    Last week, SMU won 31-30 against Texas A&M (1-2).
    This week, the Mustangs will host USF (2-1).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

f this no redshirting business to try and match it like real life, having to sub guys in and make sure they record stats is too big of a pain in the ass :(

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

-Cougars- I can play around 7pm est or 9pm est tonight

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

alright, OC is now my only league-- time to get this shit rolling like last year.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Bearcats Too Much For Falcons In 28-21 Win
    [​IMG]
    Bearcats QB Munchie Legaux takes a read option 20 yards for the score.
    The Bearcat spread attack was going on all cylinders in the first half today, as they rattled off 21 points before Air Force could get their feet wet. Cinci outgained AF 425 to 226, racking up 244 on the ground alone. Legaux and HB George Winn combined for most of the yardage, running a deadly read option game that resulted in 3 scores alone between the two. Munchie also went a civilian an average 11-22 through the air with 166 yards, a touchdown, and a pick- which proved to be enough to get the win.​
    Early on things were looking grim for Air Force, as they were down 21-0 with a few minutes left in the first half. Defensive end T Timmerman made a huge play however picking off a screen pass and taking it to the house, firing up the home crowd. Early in the fourth quarter, Air Force again struck it big with a 28 yard pass from Dietz to Hirneise to pull the Falcons within one. The home crowd erupted at the sight of a comeback mounting. Back and forth the two teams went, Cinci not wanting to let the Falcons tie it up vs the military men of Air Force scratching and clawing for every play. With 2 and half minutes left, Air Force began their two minute drill. A quick 10 yard pass here, and a nice catch over the middle on a post and the Falcons were sitting 40 yards out from the tieing score. Dietz hustled the troops to the line for a quick triple option play- which was only called to keep the defense honest as they continued the two minute drill.​
    "I mean we are a running team, so we know any run for us has the chance to go the distance," stated Coach Kasper. "Cody just kind of stepped up and made a play."​
    Senior WB Cody Getz took the dive read on the triple option (the hurry up split back look had him and fellow WB Wes Cobbs in the set) and Getz dashed up the middle towards the endzone. Nearly caught, he bent the run to the sideline just a hair and glided into the endzone. 21 all!​
    The Cinci spread took the field again, making sharp crisp passes- making play after play. Winn would eventually score on a HB sweep play (Air Force defenders noticeable gave up chase as Cinci would have just ran the clock out for a FG chip shot for the win). Air Force couldn't get anything going on the next drive, and end up bowing out in the end.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Kasper you heard anything from -Cougars- i sent him text. Need to play tonight. I am out of town Mon-Fri this week.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'll try to get ahold of him.

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Sometime after I get off work. I'm usually home around 6 central, and I'm not sure what exact time I'll be available, but it won't be till after 6. Tuesday I probably won't be available till after 8 central.

12. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Could you play after 10:30pm tonight? The 1000th episode of RAW should be over by then

• Like Like x 1
  13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Yeah that would actually be perfect for my schedule. That sounds good

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Navy survives against UCF 27-21.

The Midshipmen were coming off of a huge win against Penn State and looked to continue their winning ways against Big East foe, UCF. The Midshipmen traveled to Florida and noticed a huge difference, it was hot as hell. Most of the players weren't used to that and many thought it was going to affect them but it didn't at all. Navy didn't have any problems. But even though the score was close UCF had 5 turnovers, and they still outgained Navy in total offense. How does that happen? Nobody knows but it was a good game nonetheless.

Kasper I will have a better summary next week.

15. sreese

sreese Walk On

Kasper is where you guys post your game recaps? Mine will be short since penn st treated me like one of the children that attended sanduskys camps.(too soon?probably:oops: ) It wasnt nice or pretty.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Louisville 44
    FIU 14

Louisville did almost nothing wrong in this game as they shined offensively and defensively. They leaned more on the read option and Bridgewater had a great game running and passing the ball. WR Michalee Harris had a breakout game, catching 2 TD passes, 1 of which he won a jump ball between 2 defenders, tightroped the sideline, and got in for the score. Both FIU TD's came at the end of each half but minus the last garbage TD, the Louisville D was great behind LB's Preston and Daniel Brown. The 2 Brown's combined for a total of 22 tackles, 10 TFL, 3 sacks, and an interception.

Teddy Bridgewater (QB)- 15-26 for 236 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 12 carries for 86 yards, TD
    Will Stein (QB)- 2 carries for 17 yards, TD
    Dominique Brown (HB)- 13 carries for 88 yards, TD
    Michalee Harris (WR)- 5 receptions for 100 yards, TD
    Preston Brown (LB)- 14 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 sacks
    Daniel Brown (LB)- 8 tackles, 4 TFL, sack, INT

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yep each weeks game summaries being in the respective week.

18. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

San Diego St. Uses Second Half Surge to Blow Out Rival SJSU
    San Diego St. (dj illmatic 23)- 34
    San Jose St. (CPU)- 10
    Following an embarrasing loss to Arizona St. last week, the Aztecs struggled throughout the first half, but scored 24 unanswered points in the second half to win going away 34-10. San Jose moved the ball well the first half, including a 19 yard touchdown reception to WR Chandler Jones, and tied the game at 10 going into the half. Coach Illmatic's halftime speech must have been the stuff of legends, because the Aztecs came out in the second half and completely dominated the rest of the game. They held the Spartans to 82 yards of total offense and sacked quarterback Dasmen Stewart nine times. The Aztecs harrasment of SJSU quarterbacks also led to two fumbles, although the Spartans were able to recover both.
    On offense, the Aztecs relied on RB Adam Muema who is filling in for the injured Walter Kazee. Muema rushed 26 times for 135 yards and one touchdown. San Diego St.'s ability to control the line of scrimmage led to two big play action pass plays to WR Dylan Denso who finished with 4 catches for 91 yards and two touchdowns. Quarterback Ryan Katz had another productive game going 12-17 with 177 yards and 2 TD's. WR Osmand Nicholas also caught a TD reception from back-up quarterback Ryan Dingwell in clean up action. The news was not all good for the Aztecs, as they learned that the injury suffered by star middle linebacker Jake Fely against Arizona St. last week will cost him the entire season. This is a big blow for the Aztecs as Fely is the second best defensive player on their roster, and there is a big drop off in talent between Fely and his back-up Nick Tenhaeff. Coach Illmatic admitted the loss was a huge one for his team, but said, "we have no choice but to move on and adjust. We can't just forfiet the rest of the season, because we lose a key player. Injuries are a part of the game." In his first game replacing Fely, Tenhaeff had four tackles. The Aztecs move to 3-1 on the season, and host conference rival Fresno St ( Steamer43 )next week.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    HB Adam Muema: 26 carries/ 135 yards/ 1 TD/ 1 reception/ 8 yards
    Defensive Player of the Game
    DT Sam Meredith: 6 tackles/ 4 tackles for loss/ 3.5 sacks
    Recruiting News
    This week, the Aztecs received a commitment from 1 star FB Preston Hicks. Hicks, a 6' 266 pound high school senior from Escondido, California, chose San Diego St. over Hawaii and Navy. Scouting services list Hicks as the sixth best FB available in this year's class and rated him a 67 overall. Hicks should see early playing time next year, because the Aztecs only have one FB on scholarship. The Aztecs also had several key prospects visiting campus this week for their game against rival SJSU. We'll see if their impressive second half performance will convince any of them to sign a letter of intent with SDSU.
    Play of the Game
    Click Link Below

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  19. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

If anybody knows a better way to attach a highlight to a post, please let me know. For whatever reason, when I post the link it skips down seveal lines. Is there a way to post the video right in the thread instead of a link?

20. sreese

sreese Walk On

PENN ST Violates OWLS 49-28

There weren't many highlights for the Owls of Temple on Saturday. The game started off well for the temple defense, forcing a punt on PSU first possession. Unfortunately after that it was all Penn St all night long! On the Owls 1st play from scrimmage PSU's corner jumped a curl route and the Lions penetrated the scored board 1st. Temple answered right back with a 7 play drive capped of by a 1 yrd run from the fb. From then on it was Penn St. Rb Redd that continuously violated and penetrated the Owls black whole defense. He ended the game with 125 yards and 3 tds on 21 carries. PSU lead 28-7 at the half. To open the 2nd half Temples child size Rb Brown took the opening kick to the house, giving Temple there only real highlight of the game. The 5ft 6in Brown seemed to be running from a stranger with candy, totaling 252 return yards on 7 attempts, in the kick return game. The final score showed the dominance of Penn St. 49-28. The PSU defense held temple to 16 yards on 21 attempts on the ground and caused 3 Ints. Temple hopes to regroup with a much better showing next week.

Ps. If anyone is looking for the Joe Pa statue, im pretty sure parts of it are up my teams ass!!!!!

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Would be awesome if we could advance tonight after the Rutgers vs Houston game.

aarondramp you have Western Michigan and Steamer43 you have FCS (I can't figure out why my scheduling changes didn't save).

I don't think I will wait on the FCS game steamer, to avoid injury it would help if you could play tonight man- would hate to see Carr get knocked out because some FCS linebacker wanted to be on sportscenter ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I'll play mine soon.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Looking like an advance tonight fellas - if that is the case holy shit a round of applause is in order for a 24 hour (ish) advance with 3 user games.. thats the kinda pace I love to see.

Philstyle3005 or sawemoff text me after your game so I can hop on and advance this ol girl.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I already like this sreese guy, he likes all my commish dribble drabble-- I needed that bump in my likes/post average with all this crap I post to keep this crazy train we call OC rolling.

• Like Like x 1
  25. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

sreese great job brown nosing buddy, we gotta keep the boss happy!