(S1: W5) Coach's Corner

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Zikry, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]
    Please welcome Ninersfan80 as we take a look into the mindset of the 49ers head coach​
    1. First off tell us a bit about yourself.
    Hello, my name is Alex and I am a 19 year old college student studying Sports Management. Something interesting about me is I am from St. Louis but I don't like any St. Louis sports teams. I have been a huge Niners fan ever since I was little watching Steve Young and Jerry Rice. I personally remember watching Steve Young get knocked out of the game against the Cardinals a long time ago ending his career, I am pretty sure I cried. lol​

2. How has being the 9ers job been for the first four weeks. I know as a fan of the team it must be nice to actually have control of your favorite team.
    It was awesome to take control of the 49ers, especially since it was the only team I usually play with on Madden. The job has actually been very frustrating so far. I feel like we should be 4-0 but I have made some very stupid mistakes that I shouldn't have made​

3. There have been rumblings about Alex Smith. What is the latest on him?
    Alex Smith is a frustrating QB. He has been up and down this year so far. 1 game he does good, the next he loses the game for us. He is a good enough QB to win with but I feel Kaepernick is the QB of the future for this team. I feel like starting CK and getting some playing time under his belt will help him get better and hopefully progress into a great QB. Because of this Smith is on the trading market.​

4. How far do you see this team going? How do you rate your division as a whole?
    I can see us going to the playoffs but it will be tough there. Anything short of making it to the playoffs would be disappointing. So far the division looks very strong based off the records and who the teams are beating. The NFC West should not be taken lightly by other teams.​

5. If there was 1 player you could have from the other 31 teams who would it be and why?
    That is a tough question, it would have to be an offensive player, probably Calvin Johnson because the 49ers have never had the "It" receiver since Rice/TO and it would be nice to have a player of his caliber throwing the ball to.​

6. If you could change one thing in VFL what would it be?
    I hope this league gets more talkative and active in the forums. I know there are a handful of us that are doing a lot and I hope more people begin to add content to the league to make it more fun. But this has been the first league I have ever been in and it has been really fun and I am glad I can be a part of it. Thanks everyone!​

• Like Like x 4
  2. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I would love to see more activity and positive dialogue :)

• Like Like x 1