S1 W7: New York Jets v New England Patriots

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Randiesel75, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

[​IMG]

The New York Jets won their 3rd straight game today and are now sitting atop the AFC East in the division. Traveling into New England, the Jets knew this would be a tough game. Both teams came into this match at 3-3 in their first meeting of the 2012 season. New England got off to an extremely slow start, scoring their first points in the 3rd quarter and losing 16-3 early in the 4th quarter.

The Jets came into this with a running game plan. Knowing how loud this rivaly game can play in New England, they wanted to control the game and not leave this on Mark Sanchez. New England could not stop the north to south running game by the 3-man running game attack.

The game ball goes to HB Rock Cartwright who was picked up off free agency early this week. Talk about coming into a big game ready to play!

[​IMG]

2. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Question - You don't use Tim Tebow in the Wildcat?

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I maybe call 1 or 2 wildcat plays per game.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

AgenT Smith

Was there a follow-up to this? I am open to suggestions.

5. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Well I'd suggest using him , especially w/ HBs Greene and Jones out. He's a great GL option. You can also use him in short yardage situations (the heavy wildcat set works well for that) but obviously you dont wanna throw a lot.

Tebow also has the clutch trait

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Yeah, those are the situation where I have used him. Anything goal line or short yardage, I have put him in for the sneak or sometimes the shotgun heavy sets.